tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

2 hours ago, HOF12 said:

I finished first place in my 12 team league. 10-3 only lost to two people in the league. One of them who beat me twice and now I’m facing him again in the semifinals. 

Will i be able to beat him finally? Will he beat me? Only time will tell. Find out in the next episode of dragon ball Z 

I finished first place in my 12 team league. 10-3 only lost to three people in the league. One owner, I beat him twice, I’m facing him now again in the semifinals. 

Will I be able to beat him again? Will he beat me? Only time will tell. Find out in the next episode of dragon ball Z 

• Like 1

If it weren't for that final play in the Ealges/Skins game I'd be holding out to see how Lutz does tomorrow.20191215_201933.jpg.ab46665f10e012d1d27d43e3d69dacfe.jpg

20191215_202438.jpg

Edited by bakes781

Meaningless game in losers bracket. 

But - I’ve scored 126 pts in my standard league. Typical formats and scoring. 

Not one of my flex players (2RB, 2 WR, Flex WR, TE) scored a single TD. My QB scored 17 pts. Yet I scored 126 points. 

Put up 171 in full ppr to advance to the ship by starting lockett, kittle, and chubb

adams, a jones, stack worked in 2 leagues.

face Dalton and lock in 2 qb league next week. already know how this is going to go down.

thanks barkley, julio, adams for going off when it mattered.

Edited by colepenhagen

Advanced to the championship in both leagues and get to play in the finals next week against 2 opponents with notoriously monstrous horse shoes up their butts. One guy doesn't have a single player better than mine on his team. See ya in the vent and rant thread next week! 

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan

previous 3 years I have made the finals only to lose 3 years in a row because they other team has a guy who hits 35+ points and my guys just put up steady 10s. Yesterday i cemented my 4th straight trip to the ship winning 193.82 to TBD (currently opp has 96.68 with only Michael Thomas left). I had wintston (32.73), Barkley (28.30), J Jones (31.90), Parker (21.20) Kittle (19.90) A Jones (17.10) and Allen (14.40) this week. My bench had Sanders go off for 32 and brown go off for 21. Next week i have a bunch more of good match ups against a team whose team was built on very poor trades cause my commish is an idiot. I need a win! Lets go!!

DeVante Parker, Zeke, Chubb, and Kittle. Thanks to that quad troop, I'm going back to the ship.'

Splitting the pot with the other person in the finals (something we have done in the past), so my season is over. Now I can kick back and relax, with an extra thousand dollars this Christmas.

No more worrying about player injuries, like with Dalvin Cook, Godwin, and Chark. The injuries the past few weeks have been crazy, especially to key people.

Feels good, man 👍

• Like 1

On the one hand - smashed it this week in my money league, through to the final, guaranteed to come out ahead.

On the other hand - my team is nearly obliterated with injuries, I have only one move left and I may be rolling out Kerryon Johnson. My only remaining WRs are Kenny Golladay and John Brown. It's not going to be pretty.

What an amazing run to the ship. All year my team has been carried on the back of dalvin cook, Carson and kupp.

Last weekend made the idiotic choice of going Fitz over Brees, facing a team with Lamar, CMC and Evans. Half ppr, was up a mere 10 points with his Alshon left, figured I was a goner. Alas Alshon exits without doing anything and I survive.

This week made some semi bold moves, decided to finally bench Beckham for AJ brown, benched Hunter Henry for Higbee.  Week started off rough and my opponent took a 23 point lead with ingram Thursday night. 

Was up after the 1pm games with Parker, AJ, and Carson all going off. Felt pretty good where I was at with Kupp, Dalvin, Gallup and Higbee to go, along with the rams D. 

Then the rams totally crap the bed and my opponents Dak has a nice game while giving my rams a -4 and Gallup doesn’t even do anything. That and kupp is dead silent the entire game. My chances look bleak. Then, alas, Kupp and Higbee pile on some quick garbage time numbers to earn me a 10 point lead. All that I Have left is Brees, my opponent Mike thomas and Jared Cook. 

I told myself yea I have a decent chance Brees spreads it around how much could thomas practically score. Well anyone who watched last night saw that first half for thomas who was beasting on another level. It was so frustrating watching him rack up 9 catches 100 yards and a td in the first half alone.

By halftime I was now trailing by a couple points. Was ready to pack it in for the night and end the misery but decided I’d stay up and watch the ship sink. Then all of a sudden my savior Taysum Hill comes on in the second half and catches the record breaker. Ok I say, I’m back up but by just 3 points. Game is out of hand already so I’m worried teddy might just relieve Brees and keep feeding thomas.

Then my Monday night miracle happened. Brees to Hill who makes a move and finds the end zone again! My lead up to 7, although still nervous, was able to watch the rest of the game without it getting any closer. Needed everything to break right these last two weeks to squeak into the ship. From the Alshon early exit, the Kupp garbage time TD, Taysom Hill taking over, to the Higbee over Henry move. 

Edited by Nyblazer11235

Congratulations!

Honestly, the best thing about this week was that I didn't have that kind of stress. I was in both my semi-finals, but got blown out in one while I had the other won before the Monday Night game. I'll take that.

These are the scores of my first two playoff matchups:

Week 14 - I won 102.92 to 102.70

Week 15 - I won 131.76 to 130.96

It's just crazy to me how close these two matchups were. 😲 

We'll see what Championship week has in store. 

• Like 2

Drafted Lamar Jackson,Aaron jones, Chris carson and CMC all in a 12 team league. Even lost AB. Made it to the semi finals to play against a team that beat me twice this year. But only this time i beat him by 40. Now I’m in the championship playing a team that lost cook and Godwin. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

Drafted Lamar Jackson,Aaron jones, Chris carson and CMC all in a 12 team league. Even lost AB. Made it to the semi finals to play against a team that beat me twice this year. But only this time i beat him by 40. Now I’m in the championship playing a team that lost cook and Godwin. 

It feels good owning CMC going into the 'ship. Great White Buffalo! 

• Like 1

My opponent in the championship agreed to split the 1st and 2nd place pot so I already won

Somehow scraped into the finals despite battling injuries with this drafted team (which I thought I killed btw)-

johnson, conner, thielen, cooks, mack, godwin, Ridley, Ryan, Engram

Ridley and Godwin were solid all year but obviously they are done

Edited by dsrich

Finally: Championship Game

Drafted Cook and Mattison and picked up Boone. (Waiver)

So the critical issue is the Vikings backfield and it will affect the result, of course.