tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Kamara was my 1st pick in both leagues, made finals in one (on the backs of AJones/MThomas and JWinston mostly), and playing for 3rd in the other (thanks to Henry and Chubb mostly, Parker helped towards the end at WR)

I'm in the title game for back to back years after losing last year by 5.2. It's 14 teams and insanely cut throat, league year 10. 

One more for it all, finally after 10 years of falling just short. 

Mike Jones

Mike Lowry 

Mike Jordan

Makes no difference, Mike Boone going for 20+ in PPR, Gridiron Assassin by 10. 

Trophy.jpg

Pretty simple one, but this is my first year and am going to the championship! I won against the best team in our league by far this past week. Like David and Goliath cool story, bro. Annoying to the rest I am sure, but I was put work into researching as much as I can. Woohoo!

• Like 2

My week 16 opponent is a Cook owner.

Early last week I dropped Singletary for Boone. My hope was that my opponent would scoop Singletary once he realized Cook was out and play him against me.

Sure enough, he did. Singletary got 4 points. I think Boone will do a little better ;)

1 minute ago, GuyBroMan said:

2 QB league and I started Danny dimes and Dalton vs his LJ and Winston 😎

Bet you were sweating up until the 4th quarter (Dalton)! That was crazy!

DD also had a crazy OT finish.

Fun times.

I might win the league I went 6-7 in, and my team has no business winning it.

Another league where I actually have a good team, I left Mark Andrews, Indy D and Tyler Boyd on the bench, probably would have won with them in.

Of course the one I'm gonna lose is the one that pays the most money.

Cool story, bro.

Drafted... email after i drafted saying my Grade was an A+ and that i'll go undefeated. I was very shocked since the 5th and 6th pick i was auto drafted some how and the auto draft picked Cam Newton and the Chargers defense. LOL!! I wasnt planning on drafting a qb nor defense so my wr/rb picks took a hit. Didn't work out that way going undefeated as I finished 9-5 with 3 other guys to make the last playoff spot and the 1st place guy at 10-4. Very competitive league to say the least. Through out the season, this site and its members along with other sites helped me with ww decisions and starts. I ended up scooping up guys like Parker, Aj Brown, Gallup and Drake.

I left myself with headaches last week sitting both Parker and Brown. This week I did the same, sat Brown due to match up, sat parker because Cincy CBs have been good against outside receivers. Both made me pay but my roster was strong enough last week and this week to win the Championship for the first time in the 5 years i have played.

The last 3 years in a row I have finished 2nd, having the best team but coming up against a team in championship week where 1 guy goes for 40 and ruins my chances. This year, Barkley provided me with 40 and the title!

In .5 PPR this is my roster to end the season and the way i played them this week. I picked up Dion Lewis and dropped him after the game started just to block my opponent who used Murray as his flex back.

QB - WInston

RB1 - Barkley

RB2 - Aaron Jones

WR1 - Julio

WR2 - K Allen

TE - Kittle

FLEX - M Sanders

K - Butker

Def - Patriots

Bench: K Drake, AJ Brown, M Gallup, D Parker, J Cook

I won 148.30 to 101.82 and I still have A Jones to play.

I just want to thank all you again for the months of Banter, strategy and information. I will be back after I draft next year if I continue to play but i feel i will since i must for 1 season defend my throne(my ritual is to not look into fantasy until after I draft, because for the last 4 years, its worked lol).

I also want to give a big thanks to Tony who edits numerous posts because he feels its too much A/C content even though the context of your post could be very useful to others in respect to starts and strategies. I dont know where rotoworld would be without your non stop moderation.LOL Also would like to thank myself for not spending any money paying for BS fantasy info from a bunch of guys who are mediocre. Congrats to all you other winners and best of luck if you need it tonight. Peace!

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Drafted... email after i drafted saying my Grade was an A+ and that i'll go undefeated. I was very shocked since the 5th and 6th pick i was auto drafted some how and the auto draft picked Cam Newton and the Chargers defense. LOL!! I wasnt planning on drafting a qb nor defense so my wr/rb picks took a hit. Didn't work out that way going undefeated as I finished 9-5 with 3 other guys to make the last playoff spot and the 1st place guy at 10-4. Very competitive league to say the least. Through out the season, this site and its members along with other sites helped me with ww decisions and starts. I ended up scooping up guys like Parker, Aj Brown, Gallup and Drake.

I left myself with headaches last week sitting both Parker and Brown. This week I did the same, sat Brown due to match up, sat parker because Cincy CBs have been good against outside receivers. Both made me pay but my roster was strong enough last week and this week to win the Championship for the first time in the 5 years i have played.

The last 3 years in a row I have finished 2nd, having the best team but coming up against a team in championship week where 1 guy goes for 40 and ruins my chances. This year, Barkley provided me with 40 and the title!

In .5 PPR this is my roster to end the season and the way i played them this week. I picked up Dion Lewis and dropped him after the game started just to block my opponent who used Murray as his flex back.

QB - WInston

RB1 - Barkley

RB2 - Aaron Jones

WR1 - Julio

WR2 - K Allen

TE - Kittle

FLEX - M Sanders

K - Butker

Def - Patriots

Bench: K Drake, AJ Brown, M Gallup, D Parker, J Cook

I won 148.30 to 101.82 and I still have A Jones to play.

I just want to thank all you again for the months of Banter, strategy and information. I will be back after I draft next year if I continue to play but i feel i will since i must for 1 season defend my throne(my ritual is to not look into fantasy until after I draft, because for the last 4 years, its worked lol).

I also want to give a big thanks to Tony who edits numerous posts because he feels its too much A/C content even though the context of your post could be very useful to others in respect to starts and strategies. I dont know where rotoworld would be without your non stop moderation. Also would like to thank myself for not spending any money paying for BS fantasy info from a bunch of guys who are mediocre. Congrats to all you other winners and best of luck if you need it tonight. Peace!

Cool novel bro.

15 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Cool novel bro.

Actually that falls in line with a short story more than a novel. But thanks. Maybe you can get Tony in here to shorten it. I could give a **** less. Ill be back in 8 months, until then, cheers.

• Haha 1

2nd year playing, 2nd time crowned champion and the league's first back to back champ! 🏆🏆

I lost Godwin, Carson, Cook, and Mattison while Hopkins, Jameis and Anthony Miller crapping the bed.

I was up by 19pts thanks to M. Sanders and Lindsay. Thankfully, his Rodgers busted and he subbed out Diggs for Boone at the last second, costing him the title. If he would have started Diggs then he would have been our first back to back champ. 

18 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

2nd year playing, 2nd time crowned champion and the league's first back to back champ! 🏆🏆

I lost Godwin, Carson, Cook, and Mattison while Hopkins, Jameis and Anthony Miller crapping the bed.

I was up by 19pts thanks to M. Sanders and Lindsay. Thankfully, his Rodgers busted and he subbed out Diggs for Boone at the last second, costing him the title. If he would have started Diggs then he would have been our first back to back champ. 

How can two people have a shot at the first back to back champion? 🤔

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GuyBroMan said:

How can two people have a shot at the first back to back champion? 🤔

Lol you're right. First 2 time champion 😂

First time winning the ship since 2016. I’m reminded of how lonely it is at the top. One thing that kind of sucks about fantasy is that at the beginning of the season, everyone is super active and texting funny memes on gamedays and smack talking in the office — but once people start to get mathematically eliminated and their season ends, they lose interest. Winning the fantasy Super Bowl never carries the same glory as you’d imagine, because by the time Week 16 rolls around, the fantasy season is over for all but two teams and nobody else cares.

• Like 3

In August, I was suspicious of TY Hilton so I traded him straight up for Devonta Freeman.  Then faced the owner I traded him to in the title game, and my Freeman scored 33.7 pts to his Hilton's 5.6.  :)

Started Daniel Jones and AJ Brown over my season-long Dak-Cooper stack...boom

Edited by joshua18

My first time winning the ship. I definitely didn't have the best team but I made some key adds. I lost my best players to injury but my guys stepped up big time down the stretch after I limped to the playoffs. I'd like to thank Ryan Tannehill, John Brown, Stefon Diggs, Marlon Mack, and Phillip Lindsay for stepping up after we lost Mike Evans and James Connor. Couldn't think of a better group of guys I'd rather have in the locker room. We're gonna celebrate this win but soon it's on to next year!! 

I won the whole thing after losing last year in the Super Bowl by 5.2. I was missing my 4th and 6th round draft picks but had 4 8th round picks coming into the draft. I laded Darren Waller, Austin Ekeler, to go with keepers Mahomes, JuJu. and Kamara. JuJu literally gave me nest to nothing all season, Kirk was out for a month, Mahomes, was out for  a few weeks, and Kamara had one TD all season until the title game. 

Traded for Kelce and DJ Moore along the way, and traded away Mark Andrews, who I also found in the draft in September. 

Ripped off 7 straight down the stretch, taking out the highest scoring team in the semi finals that had CMAC, Fournette, & Henry starting, Drake planted on his bench. 

And then had just enough in the title game to win by 9 and change with the following starting card: 

Mahomes (k)

Kamara (k)

Ekeler (drafted)

Boone (wire)

DJ Moore (trade)

Darren Waller (drafted)

Travis Kelce (trade)

Zach Cunningham (wire)

Carlos Dunlap (wire)

Taylor Rapp (wire)

Falcons D/ST (wire)

Younghoe Koo (wire) 

I can think of 9 different inflection points in the season where If any one of them goes against me, I have no title. 

I ordered 21 Championship T Shirts that I'm mailing to my league mates, and league mates various family members, guaranteed delivered 1/13/20. 

It was just my time. 

CSB

Trophy.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 11:36 AM, GuyBroMan said:

2 QB league and I started Danny dimes and Dalton vs his LJ and Winston 😎

wentz and fitzmagic for me vs his watson and wilson