tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Geronimo Allison and David Montgomery were too of my most aggressive targets. 

Already looking forward to next offseason. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poofinger said:

🤔. So it’s a flex position but you have the option to start a QB?  Wouldn’t everyone start a WB.  Essentially turning the league into a 2 QB league.  

Yes, but you are not required to start a 2nd QB if the well runs dry due to injuries and bye weeks. You can plug in another position so you at least don’t have to take a goose egg at that position for the week.

• Like 1

I traded Michael Thomas for Chubb and Antionio Brown, plus a pick swap where I moved from 8 to 12.  This is a 2 keeper league.  During negotiations I was waffling on the pick swap because I was taking on a huge risk with AB and that I thought he'd do something stupid to get suspended(because he's an a-hole) or have a fake injury.  This was in mid-august.  I made the trade and kept AB/Chubb...I hate being right.

21 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Geronimo Allison and David Montgomery were too of my most aggressive targets. 

Already looking forward to next offseason. 

Yikes, i feel this one man.  I cringe every single week one- had plenty of horrid starts.  I don't exhale until i get my first TD.   

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, poofinger said:

🤔. So it’s a flex position but you have the option to start a QB?  Wouldn’t everyone start a WB.  Essentially turning the league into a 2 QB league.  

Yep but with bye weeks sometimes teams might not have 2 QBs playing that week so it allows you to start a RB/WR/TE instead.

4 hours ago, BrianM said:

Hopefully this came true and you spared yourself the distress.    

I actually enjoyed it.   I was in the right mood to watch awful football, and i didnt have much at stake last night so it was relaxing.   

I passed out and went to sleep somewhere around in the 2nd quarter lol.

DMont on the bench until further notice.

I dropped two drafted players before the start of the season. 

Trubisky and Anthony Miller. 

My RB depth chart to start the season (deep PPR  dynasty league) 

Aaron Jones

David Montgomery 

Philip Lindsay 

Tarik Cohen

Justin Jackson

Chris Thompson

Jamaal Williams

Dontrell Hilliard... 

I feel like I might just end up starting  Thompson and Cohen, taking 10 points from each and calling it a day. 

On 9/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, humanpuck said:

I traded Michael Thomas for Chubb and Antionio Brown, plus a pick swap where I moved from 8 to 12.  This is a 2 keeper league.  During negotiations I was waffling on the pick swap because I was taking on a huge risk with AB and that I thought he'd do something stupid to get suspended(because he's an a-hole) or have a fake injury.  This was in mid-august.  I made the trade and kept AB/Chubb...I hate being right.

Well this now becomes a "Cool story bro" for real.

• Haha 1

In the final round of my 17 round keeper, i had one pick left, and was a bit exhausted from a long day.   Nobody jumped out at me on my draft sheet, and i noticed Brady was still there for some reason.    I already had two QB's, but I took Brady and literally said out loud that I took him just to say "I cut Tom Brady" later on- I figured i'd drop him within days once I found some undrafted guy I forgot about.  

I never did end up dropping him, i just never felt compelled to grab any of the other undrafted dudes.   Decided instead to wait for waivers.   Now he's gonna have to stick around.

Edited by BrianM

6 minutes ago, pdog109 said:
  1. this is it boys, its like christmas eve can't sleep tonight

You definitely aren’t alone I can never sleep on the eve on opening Sunday. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pdog109 said:
  1. this is it boys, its like christmas eve can't sleep tonight

1 hour ago, NinerLifer said:

You definitely aren’t alone I can never sleep on the eve on opening Sunday. 

Watch all the games going to be like GB @ Chi on Thursday. 

I was so excited and that game completely killed all my hypes. 

43 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Watch all the games going to be like GB @ Chi on Thursday. 

I was so excited and that game completely killed all my hypes. 

Hope not.

I'm going to watch KC vs Jags first and then Cowboys vs Giants(giants fan)

Some good matchups this week.

I accidentally picked Sammy Watkins when I was in line getting a beer. When I went back to the table everybody was laughing at me because before I left to get the beer I had just said that I didn’t want him!

Anyone want to try to top me on absolute bust of a draft? This is a 2QB league so Winston as my 2nd QB matters.

DMont

Michel

Lockett

Winston

Evans (will be better but Winston still throwing)

Adams (will be better but defenses may be locking down on only him all year)

Justice Hill

Christian Kirk (not an awful star line but Fitz is the go-to there)

Dalvin Cook, McCoy (I may be crossing my fingers that he still has an RB1 season left in him), Miles Sanders (I likes what I saw despite the stat line), and Watson (yet to be seen) are my only life line.

Edited by gufomel

Tevin Coleman, Joe Mixon and Tyreek Hill were all a part of my starting lineup.  That was fun while it lasted.  Drafting and starting Curtis Samuel and Dante Pettis in my two FLEX spots was just the icing on the cake!

• Haha 1

Had a league mate think Mitch Tribiski would be the 2nd coming of Joe Montegna. 

A week before season he offered me a $4 Eckler for my $2 Tribiski. Although now with Cam as my only QB the joke may be on me. 

2 hours ago, RockSexton said:

Man there are some really cynical people on this forum LOL.

With the amount of TD's this Pats team is going to be scoring - you almost HAVE to own someone on the WR corps.  He's my WR3 and I'm loving it.

What happens if you went overboard and own all 3 of the pats WRs??  Asking for a friend... 😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lightweight3 said:

What happens if you went overboard and own all 3 of the pats WRs??  Asking for a friend... 😁

Well u didn't technically go overboard since u drafted AB as a raider. Eff it go trade for Tom and go all in 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jgolec said:

Tevin Coleman, Joe Mixon and Tyreek Hill were all a part of my starting lineup.  That was fun while it lasted.  Drafting and starting Curtis Samuel and Dante Pettis in my two FLEX spots was just the icing on the cake!

The cry emoji isn’t available for some reason so I gave you a good laugh. I’m crying inside for you though. I have Hill too. 

Edited by FitzMagic

10 hours ago, gufomel said:

Anyone want to try to top me on absolute bust of a draft? This is a 2QB league so Winston as my 2nd QB matters.

DMont

Michel

Lockett

Winston

Evans (will be better but Winston still throwing)

Adams (will be better but defenses may be locking down on only him all year)

Justice Hill

Christian Kirk (not an awful star line but Fitz is the go-to there)

Dalvin Cook, McCoy (I may be crossing my fingers that he still has an RB1 season left in him), Miles Sanders (I likes what I saw despite the stat line), and Watson (yet to be seen) are my only life line.

That’s not a bad team. 

Why are so many people freaking out after week 1?