tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

That’s not a bad team. 

Why are so many people freaking out after week 1? 

Week 1 is the perfect time to panic/meltdown.

• Like 1

What's better?  Curb stomping your opponent?  Or eking out a win by the slimmest of margins?  I have the largest margin of victory ever in my home league, but I would love to beat an opponent by .02 points.  I'd be sweating it out until the stat correction period passed, but that would be a legendary bad beat for the loser.  

Just traded kittle for lamar jackson and curtis samuel. Now i have a lamar and mark andrews stack. With my Cam Newton looking awful and my league mates rostering multiple qbs the lack of streaming options pushed me to do this deal. Hope i dont regret it.

48 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Just traded kittle for lamar jackson and curtis samuel. Now i have a lamar and mark andrews stack. With my Cam Newton looking awful and my league mates rostering multiple qbs the lack of streaming options pushed me to do this deal. Hope i dont regret it.

Wow i have cam and kittle as well... and reached out to the lamar jackson owner for him. I don't think I'd do it because i have no bench TE..

2 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Wow i have cam and kittle as well... and reached out to the lamar jackson owner for him. I don't think I'd do it because i have no bench TE..

Its hard to win when your QB can barely get over 10 ppg. Might hold cam another week to give him one last shot to prove he has some value.

Started Cam both weeks, team is 2-0 and put up over 110 pts both weeks. This would be a cool story if I didn't have a garbage QB.

I went into the night up 7 vs Bell and having Njoku (0 concussed) and Browns defense. I lost the lead on Bell's last catch but he fumbled it on the same play and my defense recovered so I regained the lead and he didn't touch the ball again.

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 1

Totally wasted Beckham's performance last night because my opponent had NE Defense. I hate the Dolphins. If they would've attempted to field even a remotely competitive team this year,  I might've at least had a chance.

Down 20 it was my OBJ vs Jets D and the Browns TE. 

And I won. I feel like that validated me taking OBJ 6th and 8th overall in my 2 leagues. 

This game literally is 100% a game of chance, and a game of inches. For example, my opponent would have beaten me if Kupp wasn't ruled just short of the goal line on his monster catch. Or if Brees didn't get hurt, my opponent's Kamara would have had a better game stat wise. Or if two of his opponents didn't put up donuts.

Thought I was going to be bereft of Cool Stories, but I eeked out a win on MNF. While Cam's 300+ yds was good for a bonus in my league the lack of TD's was only good for about 16 pts total(avg prob 20-25). My TE got me a doughnut in OJ.

So I thought I was toast when Cook went off Sunday, but it turned out my opponent had Drew Brees, so it ended up coming down to MNF my Chubb vs. his Njoku. I needed to outscore by 12 pts. The injury to Njoku certainly helped, and Chubb's TD put me down by only a half pt. Eventually he worked his way to enough pts that I'd need to be the victim of multiple stat corrections to lose, and so I finally have my first win of the season across two leagues. It was ugly, but I'll take it

Edited by JCDaly

Scored 175.78 points in a week where the second-top scorer scored 118.02. Did so even though Kamara was my last guy to go, so at one point I was actually projected to score nearly 190pts.

I will add - it's been great to do two very different leagues this year. My main league is a 16-teamer, auction draft, short benches, IDP, FAAB, ESPN. My other league is a 10-teamer, snake draft, no IDP or Kicker, no FAAB, Yahoo. Both 0.5PPR (which I prefer). The requirements are very different, and my despair at losing narrowly in one league week one was greatly mollified by winning in the other. Haven't got time for more than two proper leagues, but I think two is pretty healthy.

14 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Haven't got time for more than two proper leagues, but I think two is pretty healthy.

If only for the fact that losing is pretty soul-destroying; but when you have 2 leagues, generally you will at least win one of two. It really helps.

Of course losing both matchups is now even worse, but generally that shouldn't happen too often if you pay some attention.

Gardner Minshew’s dad knew Bradshaw and when Bradshaw found out his 10 year old son was a fan he sent him an autographed picture. 

10 year old Minshew turned around and sent Bradshaw a picture of himself signed. 

-The Legend of Minshew

8 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

If only for the fact that losing is pretty soul-destroying; but when you have 2 leagues, generally you will at least win one of two. It really helps.

Of course losing both matchups is now even worse, but generally that shouldn't happen too often if you pay some attention.

This is so true.   I'm in three and even if I'm getting crushed in two of them, I find myself smugly looking at the third (assuming I'm ahead), and saying, "good job" to myself.

I can't remember ever going 0-3 for a week but I can see that making me suicidal.

12 teamer, full point ppr and 10 bonus for 100+ yards.

As of end of week 2 I drafted 4 of the top 7 scoring receivers. Julio, Keenan Allen, Ageless Larry, and Emmanuel Sanders. That's my 3WR + Flex.

Mecole Hardman sitting on the end of my WR bench as WR5 about to move up the rankings as well. Kelce and Waller for TE. 

I won't share my running backs though..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

12 teamer, full point ppr and 10 bonus for 100+ yards.

As of end of week 2 I drafted 4 of the top 7 scoring receivers. Julio, Keenan Allen, Ageless Larry, and Emmanuel Sanders. That's my 3WR + Flex.

Mecole Hardman sitting on the end of my WR bench as WR5 about to move up the rankings as well. Kelce and Waller for TE. 

I won't share my running backs though..

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Last week Godwin and Golladay bailed out Kamara. This week he returned the favor, and it was even sweeter, as I thought I was done before he came through. I guess that's just his job (although the other guy benching Shepard helped.)

After losing Henry have been scrambling to find the right streamer or make a deal every week for te. Graham was a bust. 

Had two offers on the table I was seriously considering but decided against.

cooper Kupp for Andrews or m Gallup for hockenson. 

Told myself I need to see at least one more week of consistency out of either even if it risks the price going up.

Rolled with old man Olsen and was laughed at. 

= Profit