tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Started Andrews over Waller and Fournette over Ingram. Still 60+ points ahead and Allen Robinson will be the last option of my opponent.

Bench scored also 110+ points. LOL

One guy in our neighborhood league is ascerbic, dry and funny. Not a huge football or FF fan, largely (I think) in it for the craic. He may be about to explode.

In week one he ran into a buzzsaw. losing by 50pts to the guy with CMc and Ekeler, and 171.58pts, the top score. In week two he ran into my buzzsaw, losing by over 60pts to the top score of the year, 175.58pts. Both weeks he would have beaten most of the league.

In week 3 he was up against a guy who he'd have beaten in both weeks. For the third week running he chooses Kittle over a better TE (this week it's Waller), but Dalvin Cook and Russell Wilson ball out, and he's about 9pts behind with Allen Robinson still to play. I got home from work and switched on to see two or three nice 10-15yd plays, then notice he's just 0.06pts behind with plenty of time left. Just one more reception needed. Trubisky sees him and lets it fly.

Interception.

Then it's the Monty show. Robinson doesn't get a sniff. But wait, there's a points adjustment! 0.1pts. Enough to give him the win. Except it's 0.1pts OFF his team, and he loses by 0.16.

I don't know how you come back from this. Except I do, because it's happened to all of us. Hasn't it? Surely?

Edited by leffe186
Grammar. Or syntax. Probably syntax
  • Haha 1

Postscript - we all laughed at him for a couple of days. Then on (I think) Wednesday I checked the league for another reason and noticed there was only one guy at 0-3. Turns out there was another points adjustment on the guy above's team. At one point during the game he was 0.06 behind, then later on that got adjusted to 0.16. When I joked that if it had gone the other way he would have won by 0.04...turns out that's exactly what happened. He's got a confirmation message from Yahoo saying "Haha, you lost", but a subsequent 0.2 pt adjustment gave him the win!

Dammit, is it only me in here?

Was in line in Target and made a last-second decision to play Chris Thompson and bench Godwin in case he didn't start/finish. That meant promoting Mecole Hardman from FLEX dice roll to WR2. So my WR2 position went from 35.20 pts to -0.1 pts.

Still going to win so thankfully not a vent.

Also I'm going to win at a canter in my other league too.

Also I'm a Browns fan.

What a wonderful world.

Was not feeling too hot having to play Ross over McLaurin this week  and potentially have to rely on him to win my game on MNF. As it turns out, I have a 52 pt lead going into tonight w/ My Ross vs. their Schuster, so I *should*  be good (you'll know where to find me if I'm not, lol)

With Hill coming back, 12 team PPR league, my 2 WR and Flex will now be:

T. Hill.

OBJ

Godwin

Zeke as RB 1. Now if I could just fill my RB2 void  (have Hyde & C. Thompson) :ph34r:

• Like 1

Those player ranks tho... Not a bad draft.

I take very little credit though, just as I take very little blame for the other league that I'm doing f***ing terribly in. It's 90% luck and another 10% you convincing yourself that it's not luck and that all the research you do actually matters. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 7.39.15 PM.png

I offered some guy in my league Josh Jacobs for his JuJu a couple weeks ago. He rejected my trade and instead traded someone else JuJu for Montgomery.

Gotta say, I came out from that pretty well. Thanks league mate for rejecting and taking the lesser offer 😂

• Haha 1

Fuller

Watson

Aaron Jones

Boyd

Kupp

Lindsay

247 points and counting. Already the most points in one week ever in our league. 

Probably won't even be a playoff team, but this is a week I'll never forget. 

• Like 1

With all players done for both teams, i was trailing by 13 points towards the very end of the the 1PM games then boom: Garbage Jamies TD and two long Tucker field goals got me the win :) Got very lucky. 

On 10/6/2019 at 5:39 PM, ajs723 said:

Fuller

Watson

Aaron Jones

Boyd

Kupp

Lindsay

247 points and counting. Already the most points in one week ever in our league. 

Probably won't even be a playoff team, but this is a week I'll never forget. 

Ended up with 260 points. Good God. 

Best. Week. Ever. 

Let this be a cautionary tale not to be a d*ck in trade comments.

Dynasty league and before our rookie draft I offered Cooper and pick 12 for Kittle and pick 10, I thought it was a very fair and decent offer. He had Ertz and Kittle and while we can start 2 TEs it really isn’t in your best interest to do so. He responds with something along the lines of “I hate FF players like you who send these garbage offers to take advantage of people, send these offered to others because I’m not stupid.” Ok whatever and I move on, 3 days later he sends me a deal based around Cooper for Ertz, which had he not sent the message with the original offer I would have accepted but since he did I just let it sit on the page for a week before he pulled it down.
Now fast forward to this morning he sends me Kittle for Cooper and asks if I would still be interested in doing this... Just remember, be weary when insulting people over offers that aren’t that bad in the first place or you may he stuck with 2 top 10ish TEs instead of the WR3.

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 1

Minshew: 1 TO, 6.3 points.

Jameis: 6 TO, 16.1 points.

I don't need to say which one i started this week. Fantasy is not real life.

1 minute ago, rigadoog said:

Minshew: 1 TO, 6.3 points.

Jameis: 6 TO, 16.1 points.

I don't need to say which one i started this week. Fantasy is not real life.

This may be the first known instance of somebody posting what should be a rant in the CSB thread. Usually it goes the other way.

(Wait--did you start Jameis or Minshew--maybe since this is CSB you started Winston?)

23 minutes ago, yossarian said:

This may be the first known instance of somebody posting what should be a rant in the CSB thread. Usually it goes the other way.

(Wait--did you start Jameis or Minshew--maybe since this is CSB you started Winston?)

Forgot there was a rant thread, my b. I dropped RoJo for Minshew and started him for this stinker.

Just now, rigadoog said:

Forgot there was a rant thread, my b. I dropped RoJo for Minshew and started him for this stinker.

hah. i wasn't posting that in a "wrong thread, jackass" manner, i was more posting because it was funny because 99.9% of the time it goes the other way. 

• Thanks 1

By far my greatest week ever 

Qb- Ryan 38.94

Rb- Chubb 31.90

Rb- Carson 26.90

Wr- Diggs 54.50

Wr- Jeffery 23.60

Te- Andrews 14.90

Flex- Terry 27.00

Flex- Juju - ???

D- Titans 12.70

K- buttkicker - 8

Total thus far 238.44

sitting last at 1-4 and with the hardest schedule finally broke out: c samuels, Slye, c carson, dj, Pat's def. I will be scoring most pts this week. 

Also caught a break with my opponent most likely ending up below 85 pts this week. 

I only started Stephon Diggs because I am a Vikings homer and was at the game today to watch my 8 yr old daughter dance with the cheerleaders before the game kicked off and wanted to cheer for the team and cheer a player on the team.  Won me money in all my fan dual leagues and my matchup in the redraft league where in own him. Good day overall and even better a proud Dad before kickoff of the game. Would of won either way.

• Like 3

Everyone on my team scored today except my kicker (even my D!)

Word is still out on Hock, but I’m fairly confident he’ll score tomorrow. Already got the W, gonna be nice to watch the game and not stress.