7 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

what’s your roster 

QB: Carson Wentz, Kirk Cousins

RB: CMC, Dalvin Cook, James Conner, Ronald Jones

WR: Mike Evans, Terry McLaurin, Michael Gallup, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders

TE: Darren Waller, Mark Andrews

DEF: Pitts D, Titans D

K: Joey Slye

12 team league. Standard. (*edit to say Auction as well, paid up for CMC but Cook and Conner weren't highly rated on the ESPN auction sheets we used at auction)

Edited by Corey In Da House
  • Thanks 2

2 weeks ago my 2 staring RBs in my 12 team money league were:

Carson/Ingram. 

Without dealing any other starters, only backups as teams needed help during bye weeks (I had drafted VERY good depth) I first traded Ingram for Chubb with a good backup. 

After Chubb played 1 game for me I traded Chubb and 2 backups for Barkley and John Brown. 

So I went from Ingram to Chubb to Barkley in 2 weeks without dealing any other starters...

I still am “ok” with some bye fillers but this really set me up well for playoff time starting lineups...especially when MaHomes and AJ Green come back. 

2 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

QB: Carson Wentz, Kirk Cousins

RB: CMC, Dalvin Cook, James Conner, Ronald Jones

WR: Mike Evans, Terry McLaurin, Michael Gallup, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders

TE: Darren Waller, Mark Andrews

DEF: Pitts D, Titans D

K: Joey Slye

12 team league. Standard. (*edit to say Auction as well, paid up for CMC but Cook and Conner weren't highly rated on the ESPN auction sheets we used at auction)

I've got to ask - how much did you pay for them? In our ESPN auction (with a budget of $200) CMc went for $90, Conner for $54, and Cook for $55 (that was me!). Mike Evans went for $47. It looks like the rest of your team could have been got for cheap, but no wonder you're 8-0! You made out like a bandit.

Up against Cooper Kupp in one league - it just kept getting worse and worse, particularly as my WR1 was...Robert Woods. Mint. Up against Tevin Coleman in the other league as the other guy's second FLEX. My second FLEX was...at the last minute...Chase Edmonds. Double mint. He also had Deshaun Watson at QB, so I had to sit there and watch the Browns get dismantled by the Pats, themselves, and the zeebs in varying degrees while my mate kept giving me updates of TDs pouring in against me.

And yet, this is not a Vent or Rant.

Two wins, and comfortable ones too. It's nice to have those line-ups where the good players just keep on delivering, week in and week out. And on top of that, I could take solace that every bizarre decision by Freddie Kitchens meant more points for the Pats D.

One of my commissioners just said that the team with the Pats D has the best record in every one of his leagues. I checked, and it's the same for me. I'm just glad that one of those guys is me too.

3 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

8-0 owners rise up!

I SHOULD be in the club, if it weren’t for that stupid random good performance by the Steeler D in Week 4

• Like 1

After week 2 I traded DeAndre Hopkins for Kupp, Chubb, and Waller. Then I traded Ertz for Josh Jacob's since I had acquired Waller.

Everyone in the league laughed at my trades... they're not laughing now though.

On top of those trades I also have Godwin and the Pat's D so I will be surprised if I don't win the championship.

QB: Brees/Matt Ryan

RB: Chubb, Josh Jacob's, Sony Mitchel, Melvin Gordon, Jamaal William's

WR: Kupp, Godwin, Metcalf, Alshon Jeffrey

TE: Waller (Dissly got IR)

D: Pats (traded away bears since I'm never benching the Pats)

K: Arizona kicker (don't remember his name but he gets points)

Edited by RioJaguarJr
Reason why traded

This week claimed TY Johnson with my top waiver.

Proceeded to package him along with Edmunds and Carson for Barkley. Owner was in last place and just lost kerryon. 

Right place, right time. 

• Like 1

Traded Chase Edmund's before yesterday's games started and was able to land Marlon Mack and John Brown. Trades process right away 😎

I also sent Gallup and Devonte Freeman. 

20 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I've got to ask - how much did you pay for them? In our ESPN auction (with a budget of $200) CMc went for $90, Conner for $54, and Cook for $55 (that was me!). Mike Evans went for $47. It looks like the rest of your team could have been got for cheap, but no wonder you're 8-0! You made out like a bandit.

It was an in-person work league draft with some drinking involved so people went nuts early on before Cook, Conner, and Evans were on the board (I think there mustve been like 25 players ahead of these 3 at least). Same 200 dollar budget, 63 for McCaffrey, 42 for Cook, 36 for Conner, and 39 for Evans. ESPN really had guys BURIED on their rankings so that helped my cause with me knowing other ADP sites.

Stars and scrubs is the way to go because the waiver wire is always so generous.

7-1 lost the first week like i always do to get a feel. Setting up nice to make the playoffs and finish 2nd for the 4th straight year. Cannot wait! Maybe this time in 4 years i can have a guy week 16 blow up for 40 points (last 3 years been beat by 1 guy getting 40 or more, rest of my team played better than their guys)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

It was an in-person work league draft with some drinking involved so people went nuts early on before Cook, Conner, and Evans were on the board (I think there mustve been like 25 players ahead of these 3 at least). Same 200 dollar budget, 63 for McCaffrey, 42 for Cook, 36 for Conner, and 39 for Evans. ESPN really had guys BURIED on their rankings so that helped my cause with me knowing other ADP sites.

Stars and scrubs is the way to go because the waiver wire is always so generous.

Yeah, ours is a bigger league so the waiver wire is pretty bare. You can easily destroy your season in the draft. I got Cook relatively cheap, but completely threw my plan out the window after that and made a mess of it.

These stories aren’t even all that cool.  I tried re-telling some of them (with me as the protagonist) at the barber shop and no one really seemed impressed.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

These stories aren’t even all that cool.  I tried re-telling some of them (with me as the protagonist) at the barber shop and no one really seemed impressed.

Unsure if serious....that's the point isn't it?

Just now, leffe186 said:

Unsure if serious....that's the point isn't it?

I’m just trying to not watch the Steelers/Dolphins

12 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You just have to stylize the ending with, "...and then I found $5."

• Haha 1

12 team league My 1st 3 picks were Davante Adams, James Conner, & Kerryon Johnson & I'm in 1st place. Chris Carson was still there in the 4th and I grabbed him.  Got Kupp in the 6th.  Drafted Pat's D and Greg the Leg.   Picked up Waller and H Henry off the wire.  Made an early season trade of Breida for Engram, turned Engram into Joe Mixon, turned Mixon and Christian Kirk around to a frustrated Kamara owner for him.  Traded Adams right after his injury packaged with Waller for Amari and Boyd even though the other guy knew Adams might be out for awhile.  Then packaged Conner and Boyd for Julio and M Sanders.  Made an early season trade of Ekeler and Sutton for D Henry and Cam.  So I won some I lost some and other times broke even, but my starting lineup is now.... Rodgers, Kamara, Carson, Julio, Amari, Kupp, H Henry, Zuerlein, Patriots D with D Henry on my bench.  Also have Cam, Walton, M Sanders, Penny, Pollard, C Davis, & G Everett riding the pine

• Like 2

Up by 40 points before start of MNF, my opponent had Connors and Pittsburgh Qb. I turned the game off after Connors scored with 12 minutes left in 4th, because I was so mad. I went out to eat to settle down. came home after knowing the game was over, just to check out how much I lost by. I could not believe that I won by a point. 

Winning in both leagues is so sweet. One was expected but was a tough battle. The other league was unexpected. My team's pretty loaded in one league, but the other is basically Dalvin Cook and some guys.