tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

The guy who started Chase Edmonds and Marvin Jones last week traded them to the David Johnson owner. His RB this week? Tevin Coleman. He also has the Pats D. Everything he does turns to gold right now 😄.

Going into yesterday, my opponent, who is in 1st place, had Kenyan Drake in his starting lineup and James Connor on his bench. I am assuming he had just not switched it yet because of Connors Q tag and also coming off his bye... but whatever the case Kenyan Drake proceeds to be traded to Cardinals (who have already played this week mind you), which locked Kenyan Drake into his lineup before he could swap out for Connor....

I was winning by 1 point. I’m now tied for 1st. Lol.

• Haha 2

My bold predictions from the summer. Some huge misses, but more than half of these are reasonably on point. Pretty good considering people responded like none of these had a chance, haha. Probably my best set of bold predictions. 

"Cardinals - The offense is a huge success. Murray is good. Kirk is good. The rookies have their moments. Fitz is still solid. And DJ has a monster year.

Falcons - Calvin Ridley outscores Julio. No RB on the roster finishes in the top 20. 

Ravens - Justice Hill becomes an every week PPR RB2 by the end of the season.

Bills - McCoy is cut. Gore finally gets old/hurt. Singletary and Yeldon form a two headed attack at RB. 

Panthers - Will Grier starts at least 4 games. Plays great in multiple games.

Bears - David Montgomery is a fantasy stud. Finishes near RB1 status. 

Bengals - Tyler Boyd outscores AJ Green.

Browns - Offense spreads the ball around too much for anyone to be elite. Duke Johnson is moved. Hilliard becomes the third down back. 

Cowboys - Blake Jarwin becomes a relevant fantasy TE. 

Broncos - Daesean Hamilton leads the team in receptions and TDs. 

Lions - Golladay. Finishes as a WR1 in all formats.  

Packers - Geronimo Allison is the clear number WR. Finishes as a top 20 WR thanks to an 8 TD season.

Texans - Fuller plays 16 games. Leads the NFL in TDs.  

Colts - Devin Funchess emerges as the number 2 WR. Becomes a solid possession guy and red-zone threat. 

Jags - Foles is a QB1. 

Chiefs - Damien Williams does not finish as the highest scoring RB on the team.

Rams - Cooper Kupp finishes with a nifty 85 receptions/1000 yards/10 TDs

Chargers - Mike Williams sees a huge TD regression. Dylan Cantrell becomes a flex/WR3 type.

Dolphins - Kenny Stills has a monster start to the year, then fades.

Vikings - Diggs outscores Thielen by a considerable margin. Dalvin Cook gets hurt, again.

Pats - James White is the highest scoring RB on the team (PPR).

Saints - Due to injuries, we get several weeks of Devine Ozigbo being a thing.

Giants - Darius Slayton earns a starting wideout spot, has several big games early in the season. 

Jets - Jamison Crowder stays healthy and becomes reliable slot target for Darnold. He leads the team in receptions.

Raiders - Josh Jacobs finishes as a top 15 RB.

Eagles - Jordan Howard is the clear starter. Sanders mixes in. As does Clement. And Sproles. And others at times. No RBs are trustworthy here.

Steelers - Diontae Johnson scores more fantasy points than James Washington.

Niners - Matt Breida emerges as the RB to own. 

Seahawks - DK Metcalf does next to nothing as a rookie. Lockett sees a TD regression, Moore finishes as a top 30 WR.  

Bucs - Godwin lives up to the hype. He and Evans are arguably the best WR duo in football. 

Titans - AJ Brown starts slow, but finishes the season on a huge tear, scoring 5 TDs in the last 5 weeks of the season.

Redskins - Paul Richardson rises from the dead to lead the Redskins in all receiving categories."

Edited July 21 by ajs723

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

My bold predictions from the summer. Some huge misses, but more than half of these are reasonably on point. Pretty good considering people responded like none of these had a chance, haha. Probably my best set of bold predictions. 

"Cardinals - The offense is a huge success. Murray is good. Kirk is good. The rookies have their moments. Fitz is still solid. And DJ has a monster year.

Falcons - Calvin Ridley outscores Julio. No RB on the roster finishes in the top 20. 

Ravens - Justice Hill becomes an every week PPR RB2 by the end of the season.

Bills - McCoy is cut. Gore finally gets old/hurt. Singletary and Yeldon form a two headed attack at RB. 

Panthers - Will Grier starts at least 4 games. Plays great in multiple games.

Bears - David Montgomery is a fantasy stud. Finishes near RB1 status. 

Bengals - Tyler Boyd outscores AJ Green.

Browns - Offense spreads the ball around too much for anyone to be elite. Duke Johnson is moved. Hilliard becomes the third down back. 

Cowboys - Blake Jarwin becomes a relevant fantasy TE. 

Broncos - Daesean Hamilton leads the team in receptions and TDs. 

Lions - Golladay. Finishes as a WR1 in all formats.  

Packers - Geronimo Allison is the clear number WR. Finishes as a top 20 WR thanks to an 8 TD season.

Texans - Fuller plays 16 games. Leads the NFL in TDs.  

Colts - Devin Funchess emerges as the number 2 WR. Becomes a solid possession guy and red-zone threat. 

Jags - Foles is a QB1. 

Chiefs - Damien Williams does not finish as the highest scoring RB on the team.

Rams - Cooper Kupp finishes with a nifty 85 receptions/1000 yards/10 TDs

Chargers - Mike Williams sees a huge TD regression. Dylan Cantrell becomes a flex/WR3 type.

Dolphins - Kenny Stills has a monster start to the year, then fades.

Vikings - Diggs outscores Thielen by a considerable margin. Dalvin Cook gets hurt, again.

Pats - James White is the highest scoring RB on the team (PPR).

Saints - Due to injuries, we get several weeks of Devine Ozigbo being a thing.

Giants - Darius Slayton earns a starting wideout spot, has several big games early in the season. 

Jets - Jamison Crowder stays healthy and becomes reliable slot target for Darnold. He leads the team in receptions.

Raiders - Josh Jacobs finishes as a top 15 RB.

Eagles - Jordan Howard is the clear starter. Sanders mixes in. As does Clement. And Sproles. And others at times. No RBs are trustworthy here.

Steelers - Diontae Johnson scores more fantasy points than James Washington.

Niners - Matt Breida emerges as the RB to own. 

Seahawks - DK Metcalf does next to nothing as a rookie. Lockett sees a TD regression, Moore finishes as a top 30 WR.  

Bucs - Godwin lives up to the hype. He and Evans are arguably the best WR duo in football. 

Titans - AJ Brown starts slow, but finishes the season on a huge tear, scoring 5 TDs in the last 5 weeks of the season.

Redskins - Paul Richardson rises from the dead to lead the Redskins in all receiving categories."

Edited July 21 by ajs723

Bold story bro.

Some of these weren't half bad.

I did totally forget that Devin Funchess was on the Colts.

• Like 1

Fist 6 rounds of my draft:

Zeke, Tyreek Hill, Melvin Gordon, Lockett, AJ Green and Tevin Coleman, Have missed 18 games between them. Next week, I'll have the top 6 healthy for the first time ever. Started 1-3, have since gone 3-1 and feeling pretty good about the playoffs. Oh and I picked Luck in the 7th... so 25 games missed among my top 7 picks.

Went to bed on Sunday thinking I was going to win my tied matchup 150.1 - 150.1 due to having more bench points as the tie breaker.  Woke up Tuesday to see I that I had in fact lost the matchup.  Emailed ESPN asking if they can look into it and it turns out that even though they only show a score to the tenth digit they actually score to the hundredth for QB yards.  ended up losing 150.17-150.15... at least it wasn't my 8-0 team lol

Jimmy G on my bench Thursday and now Duke today,I could be headed for the best bench score ever.

I dropped DeSean Jackson in Week 2 and the team I am currently up against picked him up off waivers and held all the way to this week. He then put him in lineup at the last minute. You know the rest of the story!

This is what my team "threw up" this week, 👍. Still have Prescott and Elliott to play, but let's be real here, the damage is done.

IMG_0862-min-compressor.jpg

21 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I dropped DeSean Jackson in Week 2 and the team I am currently up against picked him up off waivers and held all the way to this week. He then put him in lineup at the last minute. You know the rest of the story!

Good on you bro.  You have been vindicated.  I actually tried trading Mattison for Desean a few weeks back and the guy who picked him from waivers (after I dropped) wanted nothing to do with it.  I tried to lay out the risk that we were both taking but he thought DJAX was a sure lock and loaded play when he got back.  No way.  This guy is done for the year for all fantasy players. 

Won my game. Moved to 2-7. Feels good to compete. 

Devin Singleterry and DK were great.

Two weeks ago, I had Sony Michel and AP (no Guice) with Ty Johnson as my only other RB. 

Upgraded to Jacobs and RoJo with only having to give up Metcalf/Michel. Goes from a low level RB2 and a fringe flex play through the playoffs and a major weakness, to a solid RB1 and RB2 for ROS. 

10 minutes ago, mtblock said:

Two weeks ago, I had Sony Michel and AP (no Guice) with Ty Johnson as my only other RB. 

Upgraded to Jacobs and RoJo with only having to give up Metcalf/Michel. Goes from a low level RB2 and a fringe flex play through the playoffs and a major weakness, to a solid RB1 and RB2 for ROS. 

It's still a wait and see on RoJo. Arians may have said one thing, but his actions over the course of the season means he (Arians) can't be trusted just yet. Until further notice, RoJo is a solid flex ROS.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, Flynfiesta6 said:

Went to bed on Sunday thinking I was going to win my tied matchup 150.1 - 150.1 due to having more bench points as the tie breaker.  Woke up Tuesday to see I that I had in fact lost the matchup.  Emailed ESPN asking if they can look into it and it turns out that even though they only show a score to the tenth digit they actually score to the hundredth for QB yards.  ended up losing 150.17-150.15... at least it wasn't my 8-0 team lol

Fast forward to this week, I played the husband (lost to the wife last week) and won 151.9 - 151.8.  Never have had a tie in this league in 5 years and almost had two in a row!

Game of inches gentleman!

(Not asking for advice here)

I wish it were easier to consolidate players in deep leagues. Here are all the options I have to choose from next week.

Kupp vs. CHI (Coming off a donut) 

ARob at LAR  (Rough matchup) 

Golladay vs. DAL (Could be Driskel) 

Boyd at OAK (Finley looks bad) 

Crowder at WAS (Killing it lately)

McLaurin vs NYJ (... Darius Slayton) 

Marquise Brown vs HOU (Coming on) 

Will Fuller at BAL (Dream matchup) 

Diontae Johnson at CLE (Eh) 

I feel like I could literally be starting Crowder, McLaurin, Brown, and Fuller... Or Kupp, Golladay, ARob, and Boyd. Or any combination in between. I need a big hat from which to pull these names. 

In a league trying to survive going OBJ+AB in the first 2 rounds. 

Christian Kirk and Aaron Jones were great today. 5-5 and giving myself a chance. 

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Im not sure of the correct thread but i need lockett over T.Coleman  + 0.80 ppr league

CSB!!!

I like your chances. Lockett is absolutely on fire. I'm confident that Coleman isn't going to get enough volume to outproduce him. 

Went into Sunday night down 40 points in my PPR league. Had Elliot and Maher in SNF and Lockett, Sanders and Coleman in MNF.  Those guys had been averaging a combined 80+ per game, so they only needed to put up 50% of their average production... figured I couldn't lose, came 4.5 point short.

David Johnson and Chris Carson as your RBs weeks 1-6: 😎

David Johnson and Chris Carson as your RBs weeks 7-10: 😬

David Johnson and Chris Carson as your RBs week 11: ☠️

• Like 1

I've got a cool story. I only play in one league, a highly competitive, half point PPR Yahoo league with my High School buddies. I started 0-3 thanks to my terrible draft but have won the last 7 and now in first place. Through what seems like a million trades and wire pickups, i somehow turned Rodgers, Adams, Beckham, Diggs, D. Williams and OJ Howard into Wilson, Golladay, Hilton, Landry, Metcalf, Fournette and Henry. 

Me and my opponent were tied last night. He had Russell Wilson, I had Emmanuel Sanders and Chris Carson.

I went from tearing my hair out to sighs of relief back and forth at least 8 times. So intense. Sanders went out early, and Chris Carson and the San Francisco defense got me the W.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 1