tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

It's hard to recover though.   I took OBJ, then JuJu.   Dropped JuJu and only started OBJ once in the last 5 or 6 weeks.

But even avoiding sunk cost fallacy,  it's an uphill battle spotting everyone not just one, but two starting picks.  

It is. I should also mention that I have the fewest points scored against me. 

• Like 1

Deebo Samuel to the crib seals my 5th straight Playoff appearance and 8th in 10 years, in a cut throat 14 teamer. #RoadToTheRing2019

greg the leg goes for under 11 pts I go 5 for 5 for teams making playoffs (started 2-6 in this league)

Edited by colepenhagen

I gotta tell someone because my wife doesn’t care and my league mates are the last people that want to hear it..

I just clinched the last possible playoff spot, winning 5 straight after starting 2-5, (our playoffs start next week).  On top of that, the only team ahead of me in points scored on the season just put up literally the worst total in a single week of any team all year, so I ended up passing him to take the #1 in points for category winning myself $100. 

Did all of this while having to deal with Davante Adams, Kerryon Johnson, and Marlon Mack injuries. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went from having anxiety over my RB corps to being well set at the position.

Coming into Week 11 I only had Cook, an injured Devonta, and Mattison as my RBs after dropping McCoy.

Made a trade exchanging Tate for Singletary to get by Week 11.

Coming into Week 12 managed to snag Bo from waivers and Snell from FA just before Sunday's game, and all have seemed to hit and have a real chance to stick ROS.

Feels good coming into the playoffs.

I started Fournette, CMAC, Godwin, and Moore this week. My league is Full PPR with some bonuses for going over 100 yards, catching passes longer than 50 yards, etc.

They combined for 145 points lol. Scored 210 overall.

I was beyond thrilled to get the #1 pick, knowing I'd get to have him on my team. Being a Penn State fan, and seeing how unbelievably electric this guy can be, he's the guy you dream of owning in fantasy. Fun to watch and (capable of being) a beast. It just didn't pan out this season, for a number of reasons. Injuries, playcalling, coaching. Anyone who's conflating his lack of fantasy production with lack of talent needs a reminder that it's... fantasy. We've seen talented RBs not produce countless times due to situation. Which makes the Giants decision to draft him look all the more idiotic; even a generational talent at RB, like Barkley, is just way too vulnerable to situation. RBs are the last piece in the puzzle of roster construction

Given that the rest of my team busted as well, I'm not as upset with him as some of the other owners are though. Could CMC have saved my season? Definitely possible, but oh well. Gurley, OBJ, and the rest of my s---y team sank my chances just as much as Saquon did.

11 minutes ago, atrium said:

I was beyond thrilled to get the #1 pick, knowing I'd get to have him on my team. Being a Penn State fan, and seeing how unbelievably electric this guy can be, he's the guy you dream of owning in fantasy. Fun to watch and (capable of being) a beast. It just didn't pan out this season, for a number of reasons. Injuries, playcalling, coaching. Anyone who's conflating his lack of fantasy production with lack of talent needs a reminder that it's... fantasy. We've seen talented RBs not produce countless times due to situation. Which makes the Giants decision to draft him look all the more idiotic; even a generational talent at RB, like Barkley, is just way too vulnerable to situation. RBs are the last piece in the puzzle of roster construction

Given that the rest of my team busted as well, I'm not as upset with him as some of the other owners are though. Could CMC have saved my season? Definitely possible, but oh well. Gurley, OBJ, and the rest of my s---y team sank my chances just as much as Saquon did.

This was originally posted in the Saquon thread, but got moved to CSB btw

For one of my teams I absolutely crapped the bed on my draft. the one draft pick I got right was...Lamar Jackson. Guy is (hopefully) going to help me sneak in to the playoffs and once there--anything can happen. 

2 hours ago, atrium said:

2 hours ago, atrium said:

This was originally posted in the Saquon thread, but got moved to CSB btw

Was a very cool story indeed, especially the intro.  Ran a warm bath for it tbh

• Haha 1

Started Derek Carr in both leagues, still managed to win one, and in the other, I lost, but even if I had started Winston, I still would have lost by 2 pts, lol. I just hope that doesn't burn me for pts scored tiebreaker

In the league where I won with Carr, I've won 3 in a row but still haven't been able to crack the top 4 for a playoff spot yet, still 1 game behind as 4th place keeps winning too, but I have been able to close the pts scored gap, between myself and 4th place, which is only 11 pts now. Plus, the team that was in 1st has hit a slide, and is now 3rd place also 1 game and only 17 pts ahead of me. I've got a really good shot, especially if one of them can lose a game while I win, lol. I'm out this week if they both win and I lose, though

In the other league I'm in a bit better shape, tied for 1st with 4 other teams at 7-5(2nd overall based on pts), lol. Then behind us, there are three 6-6 teams and two 5-7 teams. I have a rough schedule to close the season, as I play 2 of the other 7-5 teams, including the 1st place team. But, even if I were to lose this week, and all the other 7-5 teams won, all the 6-6 teams won, and if the points order remained the same, I'd still control my destiny and the last playoff spot, as I'd be tied with two teams at 7-6 and have the pts advantage going into Week 14.

made playoffs starting flacco/Rudolph all season as my qb2 in 2 qb league. ha (and they wanted to veto my josh allen and kerron Johnson 4 zeke preseason trade)

did make a Sutton for cousins trade for playoffs last week.

• Like 1

Yesterday I had Lamar going against his C. Kupp, M. Andrews, and J. Tucker and I was down a point.  I knew I had a chance to win but figured the odds were heavily in his favor.  Was I right to be worried or should I have known this was going to happen?  I mean a decent game from Kupp wasn't out of the ordinary, Jackson loves throwing to Andrews, and Tucker is the most accurate kicker of all time.

6 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

made playoffs starting flacco/Rudolph all season as my qb2 in 2 qb league. ha (and they wanted to veto my josh allen and kerron Johnson 4 zeke preseason trade)

did make a Sutton for cousins trade for playoffs last week.

Nice!

My team

Qb-   Tannehill, D Jones

RB  - Chubb, Sanders, Breida, Mack    ( weak I know)

WR -  M Thomas, Godwin, Kupp, Sutton, DJ Chark 

TE - Kittle, Fant, Goedert

DEF - Pittsburgh

K - Butker

Lets compare.

My team is in my sig.  Currently in 1st place, but I have concerns (e.g. injuries, recent performances, schedules, etc.).

• Like 1

My draft in my 10-teamer was very up-and-down, but I hit on enough picks to be top and miles ahead on points-scored. I idly wondered what my draft could have been and went back to the draft recap. Of the cuff, I did my draft again (just with half an eye on total points scored this season), bearing in mind who was available at the time in the draft:

My draft - Dream draft - (I was #4 in draft order)

Round 1: Alvin Kamara - Dalvin Cook

Round 2: Travis Kelce - Travis Kelce

Round 3: Kerryon Johnson - Aaron Jones

Round 4: Leonard Fournette - Leonard Fournette

Round 5: Chris Godwin - Chris Godwin

Round 6: Kenny Golladay - Kenny Golladay

Round 7: Robby Anderson - Lamar Jackson

Round 8: Lamar Jackson - Cooper Kupp

Round 9: Dede Westbrook - Marvin Jones

Round 10: Derrius Guice - Courtland Sutton

Round 11: Cam Newton - DJ Chark

Round 12: TJ Hockenson - John Brown

Round 13: John Brown - Mark Andrews

Round 14: Marquise Goodwin - Patriots DEF

Round 15: Cowboys DEF - Carlos Hyde

I reckon I got six picks out of the 15 basically perfect, even in hindsight. That's pretty impressive 😎, for me anyway. How did you guys do?

One of my teams has been great all season, #1 in scoring by a mile, 130pts more than #2, 200pts more than #3, and 300pts more than #4., in a league where the average score is about 110pts. Unluckily lost the first game, then won seven in a row to stand at 7-1.

The other team has been...OK...#6 in scoring, and got trounced in week 6 by nearly 40pts to go 3-3.

Since then, team 1 has gone 2-3 to finish at 9-4, whereas team 2 is about to win its 7th game in a row to go 10-3.

You try really hard, and put lots of work in, but so much of this is down to luck 👍.

Going to the playoffs with my two teams in both money leagues. It's never easy, but that's why we play fantasy sports.

In my main money league, I won the division (extra payout), and won the most points scored for the year (extra payout). Plus, I got a first round bye because of the division win.

Hope springs eternal this time of year, and I'm hoping to bring home the trophy (and jackpot) in both of them. Even if I don't, it's been a great year and I'm still guaranteed a nice chunk of money.

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 🎰

Picked up Mattison before the game, was playing agaisnt Diggs praying he didnt get 10 points. Sitting at #1 with a BYE, could of been playing next week, this game drives me crazy, love it!

Edited by Mmiller186

I own both Evans and Lockett on the same team and have the first tag-team receivers to give me non-injury donuts for scoring. Congratulations to Evans and Lockett for being the worst you can be for my team