Squid3

Tyler Higbee 2019 Outlook

Given Everett has been ruled out and with LAR facing Arizona, how does everyone feel about rolling out this guy this week?

Edited by Squid3
fixed typo

I can see a slight uptick with Everett gone, but temper expectations as the Rams have plenty of other options on offense. That said, the guy has a safe floor and one of those extra attempts going his way could be a TD.

It really could not be a better situation for a spot start. It still makes me nervous AF, but quick passes are the only way to neutralize a bad O-line.

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It really could not be a better situation for a spot start. It still makes me nervous AF, but quick passes are the only way to neutralize a bad O-line.

Arizona is so bad Goff will find success. He's still a good QB against bad defenses 

Wasn't even needed (or targeted) in the 2nd H and still put up a monster. Appreciate that ARI D and this was basically a free play, even in 16 teamers.

Killer usage yesterday:

-91% of snaps

-19% target share

-20% air yards share

-season high 33 routes out of 44 Goff dropbacks

TE1 next week again as long as Everett remains out.

• Like 1

Cashed in on him Sunday, cha ching.

He looked good out there, too. Good hands and feet, a nice stiff arm in there as well.

Higbee should be useful for the first 2 fantasy playoff weeks (The Rams play SF in week 16) if Everett misses.  His huge game vs. Arz likely won't happen again but he should be a solid lower-end te1 if you need a te.

Sooooo quiet in here, yeah ARI is the premier target for your TE...but guess who is the 2nd worst team at covering the TE?? This week's opponent SEA--and they are coming off a short week and physical game. So we get 'home' Goff, if that is really a thing anymore (at least he was good last week on road) oh, and Everett is still a DNP too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Sooooo quiet in here, yeah ARI is the premier target for your TE...but guess who is the 2nd worst team at covering the TE?? This week's opponent SEA--and they are coming off a short week and physical game. So we get 'home' Goff, if that is really a thing anymore (at least he was good last week on road) oh, and Everett is still a DNP too.

Agreed. Seems as good of a dart throw as any in the TE cesspool. You may have just convinced me to let it ride with Higbee this week, assuming Everett sits.

I'm going to start him again if Everett is out and hope for the best.

Cooks is not doing much as well.

How often will the Rams throw for 400 yards on like 35 attempts and an absurd completion percent? Cooks still has 20 yards a game is he just exclusivity a clear out guy this year considering o line issues? I'm concerned starting this guy but LAR at home with pace against a bad SEA TE defense seems like obvious start but I'm starting Doyle instead 

If everett is out this weekend, and indications are that he will be, I see this guy as a TE1. Seen him touted as a TE2, which I disagree with. Remember Everett’s breakout game earlier in the year was against Seattle when he went for 7 and 135. Seattle is second worst against TE this season and this game will have a lot of points scored. Higbee ran a large number of routes last week as well. What’s everyone else think?

Everett is OUT, and one of the better cover LBs for SEA--Kendricks is doubtful...also Clowney and Ansah (both Q) are banged up.

This is a D that has been pretty well rocked by TEs, and it should be noted that Everett had a huge day against them a few weeks back...pretty sure the Rams will utilize a lot of those plays--this time around featuring Higbee, really have to believe that this is setting up as another big smash spot for him.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Everett is OUT, and one of the better cover LBs for SEA--Kendricks is doubtful...also Clowney and Ansah (both Q) are banged up.

This is a D that has been pretty well rocked by TEs, and it should be noted that Everett had a huge day against them a few weeks back...pretty sure the Rams will utilize a lot of those plays--this time around featuring Higbee, really have to believe that this is setting up as another big smash spot for him.

Still feeling good about his matchup tonight?

1. Stud.  Hoping he continues to get a high snap count even when Everett is back, and considering how much he helps with blocking as well I could see this being the case.

Amazing how much better the offense has looked with him as the every down TE.  Hope the coaching staff noticed and doesn't go back to Everett

7 hours ago, youngrice said:

Amazing how much better the offense has looked with him as the every down TE.  Hope the coaching staff noticed and doesn't go back to Everett

I feel like they've also started running alot more 2 TE sets instead of the 11 personnel 

Edited by vthokie3

Everett not ready to practice sitting out today. 

fire Higbee up !!!

what a great late season surprise for the TE needy fantasy owner. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
Dumb smart phone!
  • Like 1

Yes! Another very friendly matchup this week--Cowboys rank 29th DVOA against the TE position...Higbee smash spot tour please just keep chugging along!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update:

Everett is OUT, again...Higs looks like a super solid top 5 type of TE play, in what could very well turn into one of the highest scoring games of the week.

• Like 3