Squid3

Tyler Higbee 2019 Outlook

22 hours ago, CitizenJ said:

Starting him over Hunter Henry. 

As am I. May we both RIP. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What do you all think about him in dynasty?  Do they trade Everett in the off-season? I mean this guy is basically Travis Kelce. 🥴

I guess it's time for me to move on from Henry too and maybe go Higbee. How do you think this guy will fair against the 49ers?!?

19 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I guess it's time for me to move on from Henry too and maybe go Higbee. How do you think this guy will fair against the 49ers?!?

If Everett is out fire Bigdeez up as a TE1. And, if Everett is Active, fire Higbee up as a *checks notes* TE1?

5 hours ago, FUM said:

What do you all think about him in dynasty?  Do they trade Everett in the off-season? I mean this guy is basically Travis Kelce. 🥴

I'm thinking he would be a pretty good dynasty stash :) 

36 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys playing him if Everett plays? Seems real risky given the matchup especially.

would rather play hollister

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

would rather play hollister

Hollister isn’t bad I’m also thinking OJ over higbee too if Everett is playing.

Well I read the quote and it sounds like Mcvay said they could ease him back him into the role so he could be on limited snaps. My only other options are fant, brate and witten. So I will probably role him out anyway in the Hope's that Goff trusts him.

Everett practiced in full yesterday. If he plays then are you pivoting from Higbee to a waiver wire TE? I might, but it would be hard to pull the trigger considering how well Higbee has been playing. 

SF is top 5 against TEs.

I think I'm out.

Guys who I'm considering over Higbee would include but is not limited to:

OJ Howard - opportunity is king

Jacob Hollister - AZ dead last against TE

Jonnu Smiff - looked amazing against Houston, big and strong and now seeing 5-7 good touches a game

Dallas Goedert - almost a full time player with all the injuries, now JJ arcega Whiteside is not even practicing so Goedert should be an almost every down player and Dallas is bad against TEs

• Like 1

Back to Hunter Henry. Just too much of a risk now with split TE duties.

I’m definitely still in - this guy has managed to draw more targets, catch more passes, and rack up more yards than Kittle over the past four weeks.  McVay wouldn’t even commit to Everett immediately resuming a substantial role this week.  And the Niners have allowed four TDs to TEs over the past three.  Don’t get cute here.

21 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’m definitely still in - this guy has managed to draw more targets, catch more passes, and rack up more yards than Kittle over the past four weeks.  McVay wouldn’t even commit to Everett immediately resuming a substantial role this week.  And the Niners have allowed four TDs to TEs over the past three.  Don’t get cute here.

Reasonable points however what was Higbee doing before the Everett injury? Not much. I want to believe but...

Rams might not score a TD this week. I could see a 4-30 type game here. 

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Reasonable points however what was Higbee doing before the Everett injury? Not much. I want to believe but...

Rams might not score a TD this week. I could see a 4-30 type game here. 

I hear you - but the injury and ensuing Higbee performances did happen.  It would be borderline irresponsible to not continue featuring Higbee at this point.

I find it extremely hard to believe that the Rams fail to score a single TD this week.  Extremely hard.

53 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Def good points but with Everett back and playing the niners D is such a huge risk. Also if you watch how the niners play man all they do is pound the run, drain the clock, throw a few passes here and there. The clock is always running with the niners idk how much opportunity higbee will even have.