Squid3

Tyler Higbee 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

What makes you say that? Kelce, ertz and Kittle have proven track records, and most of the guys on the list are fresh faces who have shown they can ball

history makes me say that, how many previous year TE's are consistent in top weekly production beyond 3 or 4 at best. which is why 3 to 4 TE's are drafted very high every season and then a new group fill out the rest with another 2-3 who have great fantasy seasons. TE is a very volatile position year to year which is why 3-4 are drafted highly each year and the other high picks bust.  OJ Howard-Vance-Engram- Rudolph-Ebron-Henry-Njoku-Delanie-Olsen-Trey were in most top TE preseason draft lists and they all busted

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

history makes me say that, how many previous year TE's are consistent in top weekly production beyond 3 or 4 at best. which is why 3 to 4 TE's are drafted very high every season and then a new group fill out the rest with another 2-3 who have great fantasy seasons. TE is a very volatile position year to year which is why 3-4 are drafted highly each year and the other high picks bust.  OJ Howard-Vance-Engram- Rudolph-Ebron-Henry-Njoku-Delanie-Olsen-Trey were in most top TE preseason draft lists and they all busted

But the depth at the position this year was to the point where you could have picked up a stud player instead using a high pick on a TE and steamed TE all season(won 2 out of 3 league this way)....I have and never will draft a TE that high...

Edited by hockeyfan77

5 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

But the depth at the position this year was to the point where you could have picked up a stud player instead using a high pick on a TE and steamed TE all season(won 2 out of 3 league this way)....I have and never will draft a TE that high...

The depth was relatively the same in the top 12 positions. You were just as likely to get similar results streaming given the randomness of scoring

2018 PPR  points #1  Kelce 294pts  #12 Graham 130pts

2019 ppr points  #1 Kelce  254pts   #12 Gesicki 136pts