Sign in to follow this  
devaster

12/1/2019 Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs

4 minutes ago, Deke said:

you can drop guys that already played?

Yahoo allows guys who are on your bench and not in your starting lineup to be dropped, yes.  It's how Yahoo platform is setup, so it certainly pays to take advantage of it if possible.

Apparently this game is so out of hand that now CBS has switched us to Chargers-Broncos.  Yuck.

Edited by CooL

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Why is Mahomes still in game? 

Because it's the NFL not the NBA 😂

Yeah, I don't think we're getting any more Mahomes TDs anymore...

7 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

Maholmes 182 yrds few weeks ago andnow 175 today......I miss the 400 yrd days...

Sucks hasn't been needed... monster week next

41 minutes ago, CooL said:

Darrel on my bench, may just drop now for somebody in the Sunday night or Monday game.  He surely will not be playable in the next three weeks.

I hate McCoy.  Needed a Mahomes TD toss.

Are you sure Darrell Williams isn't locked since he already played? 

1 minute ago, ToeDragSwag said:

That's not how it works in most or all Yahoo leagues this year. 

You can drop people who have already played that week, as long as they are on your BENCH. 

1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

You can drop people who have already played that week, as long as they are on your BENCH. 

Wow, that would be great. So if a player if crapping the bed or gets injured and say a player like Rashad Penny is available you can drop that player and pick up Penny mid game. You can't do that in ESPN leagues.

1 minute ago, ToeDragSwag said:

Wow, that would be great. So if a player if crapping the bed or gets injured and say a player like Rashad Penny is available you can drop that player and pick up Penny mid game. You can't do that in ESPN leagues.

Yeah it's a pretty big advantage. Especially when some of your league competitors don't know about it. 

I think it's a new setting this year but I'm not sure. 

I've used it to drop a guy after a bad game and picked up guys who were on Bye week or had an upcoming game. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ToeDragSwag said:

41 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Not a new setting, it's always been this way in Yahoo leagues.

38 minutes ago, ToeDragSwag said:

Well, you can only drop a guy on your bench to pick up a guy who hasn't played, so yes, in this case if Penny was somehow still available as a free agent, you can indeed pick him up since his game is on Monday.

36 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Yeah it's a pretty big advantage. Especially when some of your league competitors don't know about it. 

I think it's a new setting this year but I'm not sure. 

I've used it to drop a guy after a bad game and picked up guys who were on Bye week or had an upcoming game. 

Exactly.  Bye week guys, bye week defenses, Monday night guys.  Basically you churn a bench spot.  You can do it starting Thursday night game, then Sunday early game, Sunday late game, Sunday night game, and then Monday night game.

Pretty unbelievable that the Chiefs score 40 points and Mahomes only accounts for 2 of those TDs.  Pretty much wet the bed in the most important week of the year.  Now looking at week 14 playoffs instead of a bye as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Not a new setting, it's always been this way in Yahoo leagues.

Well, you can only drop a guy on your bench to pick up a guy who hasn't played, so yes, in this case if Penny was somehow still available as a free agent, you can indeed pick him up since his game is on Monday.

Exactly.  Bye week guys, bye week defenses, Monday night guys.  Basically you churn a bench spot.  You can do it starting Thursday night game, then Sunday early game, Sunday late game, Sunday night game, and then Monday night game.

Pretty unbelievable that the Chiefs score 40 points and Mahomes only accounts for 2 of those TDs.  Pretty much wet the bed in the most important week of the year.  Now looking at week 14 playoffs instead of a bye as well.

That is a huge advantage to have in the Yahoo leagues. I know there have been times in the ESPN league I am in where I would have liked to swap out a bench dud for a Monday Night player.