tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 14

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 14 of the 2019-2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 14 of the 2019-2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

30 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Darwin!

Wasn’t it all garbage time though? I’m at the airport so I couldn’t follow closely.

Seems like a full blown 3-way RBBC doesn’t it?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Wasn’t it all garbage time though? I’m at the airport so I couldn’t follow closely.

oh it so is. I played McCoy today who luckily had the most points between the 3 but that was only due to Williams leaving due to injury. Once the game was out of reach for the Raiders it was all Darwin. This is definitely a RBBC. I’m abandoning ship after this week.

• Thanks 1

Will there be owners that take a chance on Lock if they need a QB and maybe in a deep keeper Dynasty league?

Just now, ToeDragSwag said:

Will there be owners that take a chance on Lock if they need a QB and maybe in a deep keeper Dynasty league?

I added him in Dynasty. now or never. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Williams got hurt

6 hours ago, ToeDragSwag said:

In dynasty yes, in redraft no

Minshew Mania "The Sequel" awesome schedule if he retakes the reigns 

15 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It absolutely is. Darwin's only appealing if Damien and Darrel are both out. That said, he looks the best of everyone in the backfield by a fair margin. And they had him pass protecting over McCoy once Darrel got hurt so if it's just him and McCoy this week I'd expect him to take Darrel's role with a shot at considerably better results. 

Mostert and Tyler Higbee if they haven't already been added in leagues have to be the top ones.

I would say Peyton Barber, too, but he averages like 3 yards a carry and seems to flip flop with Ronald Jones as the one who has the hot hand.  I don't think that either TB rb can really be trusted for the fantasy playoffs.

9 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Mostert and Tyler Higbee if they haven't already been added in leagues have to be the top ones.

I would say Peyton Barber, too, but he averages like 3 yards a carry and seems to flip flop with Ronald Jones as the one who has the hot hand.  I don't think that either TB rb can really be trusted for the fantasy playoffs.

I wouldn't fall for the Higbee fool's gold - his huge performance was really just Zona's inability and/or lack of desire to cover TE's all year.  SJM76 would be putting up huge #'s at TE if he were facing Zona every week!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dschddny said:

I wouldn't fall for the Higbee fool's gold - his huge performance was really just Zona's inability and/or lack of desire to cover TE's all year.  SJM76 would be putting up huge #'s at TE if he were facing Zona every week!

Even though Higbee was playing Arizona which hemorrhages points to tight ends, Higbee can still be valuable during the fantasy playoffs as long as Gerald Everett is out.  Jared Goff has shown that he can zone in on the tight end because Everett has also had some big games this year.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Even though Higbee was playing Arizona which hemorrhages points to tight ends, Higbee can still be valuable during the fantasy playoffs as long as Gerald Everett is out.  Jared Goff has shown that he can zone in on the tight end because Everett has also had some big games this year.

Valid point.  All depends if Everett remains out, then Higbee would remain "viable".  Somewhere in between the Zona-inflated performance and the solid games that Everett put up this year I'd say.

23 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Valid point.  All depends if Everett remains out, then Higbee would remain "viable".  Somewhere in between the Zona-inflated performance and the solid games that Everett put up this year I'd say.

The Rams' fantasy playoff schedule is: vs. Seattle, @ Dallas and @ San Francisco.  As long as Everett is out, Higbee should at the least be usable vs. Seattle and possibly against Dallas.  I probably wouldn't use him in the championship week vs. SF, though.

Edited by sjm76

3 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Mostert

As a Coleman owner I'm torn on picking him up or just bailing on the entire situation alltogether and dropping Coleman.

Breida will be back and the three of them will be in a RBBC. You'll never be able to predict a damn thing.

I'm sure Coleman will go nuts again after I along with everyone else gives up on him.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

As a Coleman owner I'm torn on picking him up or just bailing on the entire situation alltogether and dropping Coleman.

Breida will be back and the three of them will be in a RBBC. You'll never be able to predict a damn thing.

I'm sure Coleman will go nuts again after I along with everyone else gives up on him.

Breida will probably get injured again. His injury history is extensive. The 49ers lead back is still valuable, just not a league winner. Probably a mid to low RB2 without Breida in the mix. The good news is that SF always has positive game scripts for running the ball so even a split backfield can produce decent points. Right now, if you need help at RB, you're basically looking at Wilkins, Mostert, Darwin Thompson, Barber and maybe Guice if he wasn't picked up. Mostert, assuming he won the lead job, looks to me to be in the best situation, although many of these RBBC scenarios fluctuate wildly by the week.

45 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Breida will probably get injured again. His injury history is extensive. The 49ers lead back is still valuable, just not a league winner. Probably a mid to low RB2 without Breida in the mix. The good news is that SF always has positive game scripts for running the ball so even a split backfield can produce decent points. Right now, if you need help at RB, you're basically looking at Wilkins, Mostert, Darwin Thompson, Barber and maybe Guice if he wasn't picked up. Mostert, assuming he won the lead job, looks to me to be in the best situation, although many of these RBBC scenarios fluctuate wildly by the week.

I don't think that I can trust Peyton Barber and his 3 yards per carry with money on the line in the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1