tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 14

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 14

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 14 of the 2019-2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

Myles Gaskin

Ballage is now likely out for the rest of the season, and while the articles will be about Laird and he'll get all the waiver/FAAB love, his 16 for 36 (2.25 YPC) on the season isn't blowing anyone away. Take away his "long" run of 13 yards on the year, and it's even more dismal at 15 for 23 (1.53 YPC).

I wouldn't want to start either, and it's no sure thing that he even gets carries, but Gaskin will likely be a free pickup, and I have higher confidence in him becoming a featured back long-term than Laird.

For those who didn't see his thread earlier this year, I mentioned the following there:

On 10/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, vercrazy said:

Yup, had the benefit of watching Gaskin play quite a bit. He was the first freshman in University of Washington history to rush for 1,000+ yards, and he was ultra-productive in college (he's 13th all-time in NCAA rushing yards, and you'd recognize many of the name ahead of him as a starting NFL RBs).

Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2015 Washington Pac-12 FR RB 13 227 1302 5.7 14 6 19 3.2 0 233 1321 5.7 14
*2016 Washington Pac-12 SO RB 14 237 1373 5.8 10 19 137 7.2 1 256 1510 5.9 11
*2017 Washington Pac-12 JR RB 13 222 1380 6.2 21 19 232 12.2 3 241 1612 6.7 24
*2018 Washington Pac-12 SR RB 12 259 1268 4.9 12 21 77 3.7 1 280 1345 4.8 13
Rk Player Yds From To School
1 Ron Dayne* 7125 1996 1999 Wisconsin
2 Tony Dorsett* 6526 1973 1976 Pitt
3 Donnel Pumphrey* 6405 2013 2016 San Diego State
4 Ricky Williams 6279 1995 1998 Texas
5 Charles White* 6245 1976 1979 USC
6 DeAngelo Williams* 6026 2002 2005 Memphis
7 Royce Freeman* 5621 2014 2017 Oregon
8 Travis Prentice 5596 1996 1999 Miami (OH)
9 Archie Griffin* 5589 1972 1975 Ohio State
10 Cedric Benson* 5540 2001 2004 Texas
11 Justin Jackson* 5440 2014 2017 Northwestern
12 LaDainian Tomlinson* 5387 1997 2000 Texas Christian
13 Myles Gaskin* 5323 2015 2018 Washington

The weird thing is he's not overly "elite" at any one skill, but he's a plus in basically every category.

He can be shifty, can run hard, can be fast (he won a state title in the 100m dash in high school), and can catch passes. He rarely fumbled, and was a core reason the Huskies won as many games as they did the last few seasons..

• Like 3

The Vikings might be on the wire in a lot of leagues coming off the bye. They get Detroit and Blough at home next week if anyone needs a DST.

Add then now before the game starts if need be.

8 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Mattison #1 

Should be owned but definitely if somehow available 

6 hours ago, smash10033 said:

Anyone resurrecting  Fitzmagic for the playoffs ?  Great schedule ? 

Does look nice moving forward for streamers

8 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Mattison #1 

100%

12 hours ago, Tread_Lightly said:

Pascal if Hilton remains out ?

This is what I came to post. He's a very boom/bust risky option, but the ceiling is pretty enticing, particularly in a great matchup. 

• Like 1

How bout Tampa D/ST for streamers? They are looking a whole bunch better of late and some solid matchups coming.

8 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

How bout Tampa D/ST for streamers? They are looking a whole bunch better of late and some solid matchups coming.

Only problem here is you dont know which Jameis you are gonna get, turnovers could kill ya setting up the other offense with great field position. 

• Like 4

Minshew for Week 15 (@ Oak) and Week 16 ( @ Atl) for streamers that are looking ahead.  

I recommend Alexander Mattison in super deep leagues (4+), he could be a major surprise for most people that didn't see him coming.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I recommend Alexander Mattison in super deep leagues (4+), he could be a major surprise for most people that didn't see him coming.

Was this your attempt at humor, or did you mean to say 14+ team leagues?

Just now, DaileyPrayer said:

Was this your attempt at humor, or did you mean to say 14+ team leagues?

We'll never know🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

Robby Anderson is floating around on my wire. Gotta think he's the best pick up and play option for this week available on most wires? I have Jamison but can't possibly trust him after two duds in a row and I'm thinking Robby is a great high upside play against the dolphins

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Robby Anderson is floating around on my wire. Gotta think he's the best pick up and play option for this week available on most wires? I have Jamison but can't possibly trust him after two duds in a row and I'm thinking Robby is a great high upside play against the dolphins

+++

Available in my 10 teamer as well

Gotta think that someone will pick him up as a boom or bust this week

Zach pascal 

Robbie Anderson 

anthony Miller 

james Washington 

deebo Samuel 

tbh don’t feel safe playing any of these players but for playoffs that’s the best I’ve seen on my waivers 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Zach pascal 

Robbie Anderson 

anthony Miller 

james Washington 

deebo Samuel 

tbh don’t feel safe playing any of these players but for playoffs that’s the best I’ve seen on my waivers 

if youre not going to play them, would much rather pick up an extra defense or rb handcuff (if any remain).  really no need for a wr4 or 5 at this point in the season....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, herschel said:

if youre not going to play them, would much rather pick up an extra defense or rb handcuff (if any remain).  really no need for a wr4 or 5 at this point in the season....

Depends what your opponent needs. Might be able to run interference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

This guy gets it.