Bringthesonicsback

De'Anthony Melton 2019-2020 Outlook

Dropped 9/7/8/2 steals and 1 block in 22 minutes vs Minn. Definitely someone to consider while Ja is out. I really like his steals upside too, he averaged 1.4 per game in just 20mpg last year. In games that he played 23+ minutes.. 8/4.1/4.7 w 2.13 steals and 1 3ball. Decent consolation prize if you missed out on Tyus Jones. 

• Like 1

I think there's a real chance that both Melton and Jones have value while Ja is out. I own Ja and am stacking both of them unless one eventually wins out with more playing time.

Also, I didn't realize that Melton was a 2018 2nd round pick. He's got a lot of upside/potential if Ja were to miss more time, where as Jones is more or less what he is at this point.

3 hours ago, 4th and 9ers said:

I think there's a real chance that both Melton and Jones have value while Ja is out. I own Ja and am stacking both of them unless one eventually wins out with more playing time.

Also, I didn't realize that Melton was a 2018 2nd round pick. He's got a lot of upside/potential if Ja were to miss more time, where as Jones is more or less what he is at this point.

Melton was a heralded "steal of the draft" type player by the Houston Rockets... the second coming of Pat Bev. Then he got traded to the Suns before his rookie season to get out of the bad Ryan Anderson contract.  He's been quiet because the Suns are the Suns. Now he is still buried as the third PG in Memphis, but he's showing how good heactually is here.

Again his upside is the Pat Bev or Marcus Smart type player. He could be great as the #1 back up guard on a team in the future.

1 hour ago, DZaak said:

Melton was a heralded "steal of the draft" type player by the Houston Rockets... the second coming of Pat Bev. Then he got traded to the Suns before his rookie season to get out of the bad Ryan Anderson contract.  He's been quiet because the Suns are the Suns. Now he is still buried as the third PG in Memphis, but he's showing how good heactually is here.

Again his upside is the Pat Bev or Marcus Smart type player. He could be great as the #1 back up guard on a team in the future.

Basically confirmed in the past two games that he’s got some serious untapped potential.

Definitely not elite starter potential like Ja but I like your Smart/Bev comparisons.

I’m taking a flier in my 16 man league...why not?

• Like 1

I added this guy in a 12 man. He's giving me 12 team lines in 20+ minutes. Memphis fan base seems to like him alot and want to see more of him. Hoping that he can carve up a role and when morant comes back he's able to still get 20+ minutes

I scooped Jones but thinking of switching. I know what'll happen though, Jones will ball out next game and Melton will be a**

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This guy is a legit, I'm very intrigued by him given that their SG/SF spots are crapshoots. Brooks and Crowder suck. Maybe this guy plays combo guard down the line next to Morant. Very fantasy friendly skill set.

Fwiw i ended up switching Jones out for Melton as I'll most likely win dimes anyway. Meltons big reb from a guard position and crazy steal rate has me intrigued. 

7 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

This guy is a legit, I'm very intrigued by him given that their SG/SF spots are crapshoots. Brooks and Crowder suck. Maybe this guy plays combo guard down the line next to Morant. Very fantasy friendly skill set.

Crowder is very likely to get moved this year as well 👍

7 hours ago, ROTY said:

I scooped Jones but thinking of switching. I know what'll happen though, Jones will ball out next game and Melton will be a**

I actually did just that and knowing my luck you are absolutely gonna be right on that one 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crock4343 said:

Can he find a way to 20+ minutes a night? Trying to decide if I should swap rondo for him. 

Shouldve done that yesterday. Easy swap

If he keeps up his play I can see him taking most of Tyus Jones minutes when Morant comes back. 

9 hours ago, SkalChriston said:

Stats look like a better shot blocking, 3pt shooting Dejounte.

If I didn't already have DJM, would totally take a flier.

I feel your DJM pain.. *sigh* 

• Like 1

Just added him in 12 Team league for Bruce Brown. I have Jones aswell so will wait and see who is better. Both could do well though as Melton may play some SG too. I own Morant in IR so kinda weird owning all 3 haha

1 minute ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Starting over tyus in the 2nd half and severely out playing him.  If you have Tyus make the switch!

I made the switch. Tyus just looks so passive.