De'Anthony Melton 2019-2020 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting too think that Melton is secretly a Rotoworld writer or he owns the website....

f--- this guy. Drops a dud every time I pick him up. Sending his a** right back to the wire.

De'Anthony Melton started Wednesday's game vs. Houston, finishing with nine points, seven rebounds, three assists, one steal and one 3-pointer in 24 minutes. This line wasn't eye-catching, b

https://fansided.com/2020/01/06/deanthony-melton-diamond-rough-memphis-grizzlies-bench/

Really good write up on Melton that shows he's one of the most elite per-minute guys in the league. It's unbelievable what he and Clarke are doing in just 15-20 minutes per game. They really need to just remove the corpses of Kyle Anderson, Hill, and Crowder completely from the rotation and let these two guys play a ton of minutes. 

Jenkins talks him up a bunch in this piece + a lot of advanced stats on how good he's been. 

There's a strong correlation between when he started playing more minutes and the amount of wins the Grizz have been getting recently. It's just frustrating because he'll do really well when he comes in at the end of the first, and then he won't see the court again until 5-6 minutes left in the 4th. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

https://fansided.com/2020/01/06/deanthony-melton-diamond-rough-memphis-grizzlies-bench/

Really good write up on Melton that shows he's one of the most elite per-minute guys in the league. It's unbelievable what he and Clarke are doing in just 15-20 minutes per game. They really need to just remove the corpses of Kyle Anderson, Hill, and Crowder completely from the rotation and let these two guys play a ton of minutes. 

Jenkins talks him up a bunch in this piece + a lot of advanced stats on how good he's been. 

There's a strong correlation between when he started playing more minutes and the amount of wins the Grizz have been getting recently. It's just frustrating because he'll do really well when he comes in at the end of the first, and then he won't see the court again until 5-6 minutes left in the 4th. 

Love Melton he been monster

2 hours ago, GrandPa said:

Love Melton he been monster

been very solid, doesnt hurt you anywhere, but there a number of glue guys this year i find with increased pace, steals seem to be up across the league. im just not sure he'll get more mins this year even though they want to give it to him. 

I opted for troy brown since they steal the same but he provides a little more. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

been very solid, doesnt hurt you anywhere, but there a number of glue guys this year i find with increased pace, steals seem to be up across the league. im just not sure he'll get more mins this year even though they want to give it to him. 

I opted for troy brown since they steal the same but he provides a little more. 

Once they deal Hill and Crowder, they could shift Brooks to SF and start Melton. Coach has been talking him up and the low minutes are comical given his strong D 

RL or fantasy? And if it's fantasy, how many teams is your league?

I ask because I rostered him earlier in the season but I had to drop him simply because he wasn't getting enough production (because he wasn't getting the minutes)

Edited by Semitar

If the Grizz could find a way to sneak into the playoffs this season that would be huge for the development of Morant and JJJ just to get a taste of success. That  postseason experience at that age is underrated just like being in a constant toxic/losing situation can have the adverse effect on ur development and have u picking up bad habits and getting used to losing

They are currently 1 game out of the 8th seed (along w like 4 other teams) so I wouldn't be surprised to see Memphis continue to play the vets over Melton even tho he's proven to be more productive than them 

Need for the Grizz to go on a nice 10 game losing streak lol 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Bro,what doing with melton?Head coach broke my heart 

12 minutes ago, GrandPa said:

Bro,what doing with melton?Head coach broke my heart 

Memphis is competitive for a playoff spot, which has dimmed his minutes a bit as of late. Originally when they started ramping him up the team was 6 and 16 and looked awful. But recently they’re very competitive in games. It’s such a crapshoot of talent ahead of him that it makes little sense why he’s not at 25 mpg already, the kid is very legit. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Still an add everywhere, he's closing out games.

it’s the minutes inbetween which I highlighted yesterday which are frustrating. Using him as a closer is cool, but why the hell do Hill and crowder need so many minutes in the first three quarters? You could easily hand him another 5 to 10 off those guys combined.

• Like 1

I love Melton, but I'm droppin once Norm comes off the IL. Sucks cause I really like the guy and he shows flashes of great potential. He hasn't missed a free throw in what feels like a month. But my team cant sustain anymore of these lines 🤙

Just now, justaguy said:

I love Melton, but I'm droppin once Norm comes off the IL. Sucks cause I really like the guy and he shows flashes of great potential. He hasn't missed a free throw in what feels like a month. But my team cant sustain anymore of these lines 🤙

Similar to Clarke, he's rank friendly. Over the past 14 days he's ranked 63rd, and over the past 30 days 109. Some big pop off lines helped overall, but he's contributing in different areas almost every night with solid percentages. Norm is good, especially with FVV out, so I wouldn't blame you for that, just keep in mind that at any point this guy can step into a 25 minute role when Jenkins stops playing around with these 30+ year old vets who are getting 35 minutes and being allowed to shoot 30 shots a game.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, justaguy said:

Traitor

8 minutes ago, ahtech said:

Thats the problem. They are winning thus his minutes will stay that way. 

I agree, they’re fighting for 8th seed, but they also aren’t going to maintain crowder and brooks at 34 minutes most of their games, Melton keeps proving himself, he’ll start eating into those minutes.

1 hour ago, ahtech said:

Thats the problem. They are winning thus his minutes will stay that way. 

Perhaps. I also see that the team is using him very effectively. For him to rank at 47th with his minutes, his efficiency takes a good portion. If he gets more minutes, he won’t be as efficient as his recent plays.

21 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Perhaps. I also see that the team is using him very effectively. For him to rank at 47th with his minutes, his efficiency takes a good portion. If he gets more minutes, he won’t be as efficient as his recent plays.

He may not be as efficient FG wise, but he's been a FT% stud, and the 3's, steals, rebounds, assists, and even blocks are amazing for a guard, he isn't only ranked high because of his percentages. Even if the FG% dips, everything else jumps up with more minutes.

10 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

So do you guys see an inevitable path to more minutes in the second half of the season?  The dude gets it done in 20 mins or less, but not the most trustworthy player if it stays that way (obviously).

Need a trade or injury for him to get minutes. They are currently in playoff spot and I guess the rotation stays that way unless Crowder will get traded in which I doubt it will happen.