Bringthesonicsback

De'Anthony Melton 2019-2020 Outlook

29 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

how sure are we about this? Im about to drop eric gordon for this guy but i dont want to get burned.

Nothing is guaranteed with Melton tbh, but except for Wood, he's the most likely winner of this deadline imo. I'd defo drop Gordon in a vacuum for him. He's kinda easy to replace, but needles to say, it depends on your team build as always.

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 1

Yeah being over at that trade deadline thread, some people were just gushing over this dude but after seeing his game log I just dont get it. Of course like you said Eric Gordon is easy to replace and well the moves I saved for this trade deadline were not used lol.

Crowder also wasn't the only blocker for Melton. He ultimately played better when Morant wasn't on the court.

I don't see the needle moving so much yet. I hope I'm wrong though...

3 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Crowder also wasn't the only blocker for Melton. He ultimately played better when Morant wasn't on the court.

I don't see the needle moving so much yet. I hope I'm wrong though...

Any minute increase to melton is good for us

38 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

how sure are we about this? Im about to drop eric gordon for this guy but i dont want to get burned.

funny i just dropped gordon for melton, but it’s because i also have House and i definitely don’t wanna hold onto 2 rockets coming off the bench, and plus gordon destroys your fg% half the time

its cos the dudes at rotoworld got a hard on for his per 36 stats which rarely translate. end of day he had periods of huge opportunity in phoenix which he wasn't able to take advantage of which people forget (kind of similar to wood when he was at New Orleans). should get more mins which will help but with grizz in contention for playoffs coach will be focusing on winning at any cost and hes shown hes not afraid to play vets etc

I’m contemplating pulling the trig on this dude. He has potential. What’re we thinking vets? 

58 minutes ago, Flamez said:

I’m contemplating pulling the trig on this dude. He has potential. What’re we thinking vets? 

Run don't walk.

25 mins or more coming.

1 hour ago, Flamez said:

Yeah go ahead and run. I’m walking.

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yeah go ahead and run. I’m walking.

Bro are you ok in real life. Like you good? Why’re you answering me w attitude I’m literally asking a question fuk 

• Haha 1

Just now, Flamez said:

Bro are you ok in real life. Like you good? Why’re you answering me w attitude I’m literally asking a question fuk 

I thought it was a legit response. lol

Can argue that it really depends on how you read it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Huh with attitude. I’m telling you to run, I’m walking. Need a translation? If your team is really needing what Melton provides then go ahead a pick him up. I don’t really need him and will see how it plays out with the new additions/rotations before I just drop somebody just cause.

is the better?? 

2 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

I thought it was a legit response. lol

Can argue that it really depends on how you read it.

Idk now that I re-read it I guess you could be right but it felt more like sarcasm saying “ya you do you but I’m gonna chill” like why answer me like that 

6 hours ago, sham242 said:

Grayson Allen is out for the year also it seems. 

Wow, this news came out when we weren't looking. Yes, this helps Melton. Nice catch.

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Huh with attitude. I’m telling you to run, I’m walking. Need a translation? If your team is really needing what Melton provides then go ahead a pick him up. I don’t really need him and will see how it plays out with the new additions/rotations before I just drop somebody just cause.

is the better?? 

My bad I read it wrong. Didnt mean to get confrontational. It felt like you were being sarcastic and telling me to do whatever but I’m good I don’t want him even though I guess that is kind of what you’re saying. 

i was hoping for a response giving predictions giving a feel of what ppl really envision this guy being. But your 100 right my b brotha 

Not sure I fully get the rush to grab this dude. Like I'm hesitant about bench guys unless they are going to get 28mpg+ and I just don't see that ROS for Melton. 

3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Not sure I fully get the rush to grab this dude. Like I'm hesitant about bench guys unless they are going to get 28mpg+ and I just don't see that ROS for Melton. 

I feel you I’m having the same trouble. But he produces in short amount of time and w them losing crowder, dion getting bought out, and Grayson out for the year. He’s looking at 25+ easy. 

20 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Last game is the sign that he is getting more run. That is without Crowder, Allen and Hill.

And now Waiter gonna be waived, Justice Winslow still not coming back and Allen is out of season. Clear path to minutes is there already.