Topgun

FYPD

Hey @tonycpsu is it possible to delete the player evals I posted above?  I've delved a lot further into those players, and frankly, some of those comps are embarrassing 🤭
In particular, I've seen "the light" on Abrams and think he will be quite good. And comping Greg frickin Jones to Mookie is wishful thinking to say the least. 

Thanks in advance 

Draft is coming up and I need major help deciding Vaughn or Jasson.  I'm hoping to compete in 1-3 years and I feel like Jasson is 6 years out.  Also think Vaughn is a little safer.  Is there an objectively right answer?!?

Edited by Fbaseballgod

25 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Draft is coming up and I need major help deciding Vaughn or Jasson.  I'm hoping to compete in 1-3 years and I feel like Jasson is 6 years out.  Also think Vaughn is a little safer.  Is there an objectively right answer?!?

It's really up to which one you personally prefer as they are both lottery tickets, albeit highly touted ones. Select the player you want because they will be on your team.

I personally would select Jasson based on the sheer upside and reports. Plus, the value I could likely get in return if I elected to trade Jasson. Then depending on the player pool I would target Spencer Torkelson who has a projected hit tool similar to Vaughn or Tristan Casas who appears to be hitting stud.

Good luck. 

18 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I'd go Jasson unless your league might not be around. Less than 6 years. Probably 3-4

20 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Generally speaking, take the best player available regardless of proximity imo. Even if you are ready to compete in 1-3 years, you could theoretically deal Dominguez to get immediately better. By that point, you may not want to, but its better to have the more premiere asset regardless.

• Like 2

our dynasty league just has 1 draft. minimum keeps is 15 with a free NA spot who would be slotted in ur 28 round. I am keeping all 28 so punting whole draft team in signature. if ur team gets old u just keep 15 and pile on kids and trade em when the hype allows. Waiting on kids is something different since next year to draft u once again have to chop to 15 and basically cut ur weaker kids for the new batch. Also not a fan of 16 year olds in draft pool. Simply too long to wait in any format and if the kid busts u have held him for years without getting squat for him.

Here’s the 1st rd of my recent FYPD.

1.1 Dominguez

1.2 Vaughn

1.3 Rutschman

1.4 Abrams

1.5 Witt

1.6 R.Greene

1.7 Pena

1.8 Bleday

1.9 Carrol

1.10 Pausson

1.11 Bishop

1.12 Davis

47 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

1.1 Dominguez

1.2 Vaughn

1.3 Rutschman

1.4 Abrams

1.5 Witt

1.6 R.Greene

1.7 Pena

1.8 Bleday

1.9 Carrol

1.10 Pausson

1.11 Bishop

1.12 Davis

Seems close too standard enough.  Who is Davis though?

22 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Gotcha. He wasn't a first year guy so I was confused 

You’re correct. It’s through CBS and they are sometimes really late getting guys in the system. I’m assuming he was entered after our waiver wire was closed last season.

my league's draft starts on saturday, i'll post some results as they happen. love to see results from other leagues, especially for what happens after the clear top tier goes.

my league has 3-year rookie contracts which makes proximity/ETA much more important than in a strict dynasty scenario, so i'm pretty curious to see what happens with jasson. the top college bats always go first, so i'm pretty sure the adley / vaughn pair will go 1-2. after that things get interesting. you've got bleday as probably the next best college bat, vs. abrams and witt as the stud HS kids, vs. jasson. tsutsugo's also in the mix if you REALLY want proximity. not sure how it'll all shake out. luckily i pick 6th so most of these decisions will be made for me.

• Like 1

I’m drafting in 2 weeks in a league where everyone is eligible including current freshmen/sophomores in college and 2020 international prospects.

Last year players like Rutschman, Vaughn, Witt and Carroll were drafted last year.

Anyone have a couple of names of current amateurs/foreign players that might be worth drafting this year? 

Based on my limited research a couple of the guys I’ve come up with so far is Torkleson from Arizona St and Hancock from Georgia.

Or maybe a big Japanese player expected to come over in the next 2 years?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

1.1 Dominguez

1.2 Vaughn

1.3 Rutschman

1.4 Abrams

1.5 Witt

1.6 R.Greene

1.7 Pena

1.8 Bleday

1.9 Carrol

1.10 Pausson

1.11 Bishop

1.12 Davis

Rd 2

2.13 Kirby

2.14 Hoese

2.15 Lodolo

2.16 Jung

2.17 Orelvis Martinez

2.18 Baty

2.19 Lora

2.20 Misner

2.21 Espino

2.22 Toglia

2.23 F.Alvarez

2.24 Busch

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 6:36 PM, dilly3307 said:

Rd 2

2.13 Kirby

2.14 Hoese

2.15 Lodolo

2.16 Jung

2.17 Orelvis Martinez

2.18 Baty

2.19 Lora

2.20 Misner

2.21 Espino

2.22 Toglia

2.23 F.Alvarez

2.24 Busch

Rd 3

3.25 Strumpf

3.26 Bracho

3.27 G.Jones

3.28 Manoah

3.29 Rutledge

3.30 Cavaco

3.31 Alexander Ramirez-NYM

3.32 Vera

3.33 Turang( someone released last year)

3.34 M.Urbina

3.35 Jiminez

3.36 Walston

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 4:36 PM, dilly3307 said:

Rd 2

2.13 Kirby

2.14 Hoese

2.15 Lodolo

2.16 Jung

2.17 Orelvis Martinez

2.18 Baty

2.19 Lora

2.20 Misner

2.21 Espino

2.22 Toglia

2.23 F.Alvarez

2.24 Busch

steal on Alvarez

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

steal on Alvarez

Anything jump out as a surprise to you? Other than Alvarez going that late?

34 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

Anything jump out as a surprise to you? Other than Alvarez going that late?

I didn't see Luis Rodriguez get drafted