Topgun

FYPD

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

I didn't see Luis Rodriguez get drafted

Another one that’s not in the CBS system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

Another one that’s not in the CBS system.

CBS allows for the commissioner to add players that aren't in the system as placeholders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

Anything jump out as a surprise to you? Other than Alvarez going that late?

Seems low on Jones to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, dilly3307 said:

Rd 3

3.25 Strumpf

3.26 Bracho

3.27 G.Jones

3.28 Manoah

3.29 Rutledge

3.30 Cavaco

3.31 Alexander Ramirez-NYM

3.32 Vera

3.33 Turang( someone released last year)

3.34 M.Urbina

3.35 Jiminez

3.36 Walston

Rd 4

4.1 W.Wilson

4.2 A.Volpe

4.3 G.Arias

4.4 M.Allen

4.5 M.Vargas

4.6 Jose Garcia

4.7 R.Preciado

4.8 A.Kloffenstein

4.9 Q.Preister

4.10 H.Hernandez(Tex)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

Rd 4

4.1 W.Wilson

4.2 A.Volpe

4.3 G.Arias

4.4 M.Allen

4.5 M.Vargas

4.6 Jose Garcia

4.7 R.Preciado

4.8 A.Kloffenstein

4.9 Q.Preister

4.10 H.Hernandez(Tex)

 

Jose Garcia a steal there, people were sleeping if he was available. In my 16 teamer, he would def go in round 1 if available. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, wily mo said:

my league's draft starts on saturday, i'll post some results as they happen. love to see results from other leagues, especially for what happens after the clear top tier goes.

my league has 3-year rookie contracts which makes proximity/ETA much more important than in a strict dynasty scenario, so i'm pretty curious to see what happens with jasson. the top college bats always go first, so i'm pretty sure the adley / vaughn pair will go 1-2. after that things get interesting. you've got bleday as probably the next best college bat, vs. abrams and witt as the stud HS kids, vs. jasson. tsutsugo's also in the mix if you REALLY want proximity. not sure how it'll all shake out. luckily i pick 6th so most of these decisions will be made for me.

 

 

okay here's our draft up to where we are now. keep in mind the above - not pure dynasty, 3-year rookie deals & then into an arbitration system which means every year further away from the majors docks some value, so college > HS > J2 all else being equal

 

1.1 (1) Adley Rutschman, C (BAL)
1.2 (2) CJ Abrams, SS (SD)
1.3 (3) Andrew Vaughn, 1B (CWS)
1.4 (4) Jasson Dominguez, OF (NYY)
1.5 (5) Yoshitomo Tsutsugo, OF (TB)
1.6 (6) JJ Bleday, OF (MIA)
1.7 (7) Josh Jung, 3B (TEX)
1.8 (8) Bobby Witt Jr, SS (KC)
1.9 (9) Nick Lodolo, SP (CIN)
1.10 (10) Kwang-Hyun Kim, SP (STL)
1.11 (11) Bryson Stott, SS (PHI)
1.12 (12) Hunter Bishop, OF (SF)
1.13 (13) Corbin Carroll, OF (ARI)
1.14 (14) Riley Greene, OF (DET)
1.15 (15) Noelvi Marte, SS (SEA)
1.16 (16) George Kirby, SP (SEA)

2.1 (17) Kody Hoese, 3B (LAD)
2.2 (18) Peyton Burdick, OF (MIA)
2.3 (19) Jackson Rutledge, SP (WAS)

more later

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wily mo said:

 

okay here's our draft up to where we are now. keep in mind the above - not pure dynasty, 3-year rookie deals & then. into an arbitration system which means every year further away from the majors docks some value, so college > HS > J2 all else being equal

 

1.1 (1) Adley Rutschman, C (BAL)
1.2 (2) CJ Abrams, SS (SD)
1.3 (3) Andrew Vaughn, 1B (CWS)
1.4 (4) Jasson Dominguez, OF (NYY)
1.5 (5) Yoshitomo Tsutsugo, OF (TB)
1.6 (6) JJ Bleday, OF (MIA)
1.7 (7) Josh Jung, 3B (TEX)
1.8 (8) Bobby Witt Jr, SS (KC)
1.9 (9) Nick Lodolo, SP (CIN)
1.10 (10) Kwang-Hyun Kim, SP (STL)
1.11 (11) Bryson Stott, SS (PHI)
1.12 (12) Hunter Bishop, OF (SF)
1.13 (13) Corbin Carroll, OF (ARI)
1.14 (14) Riley Greene, OF (DET)
1.15 (15) Noelvi Marte, SS (SEA)
1.16 (16) George Kirby, SP (SEA)

2.1 (17) Kody Hoese, 3B (LAD)
2.2 (18) Peyton Burdick, OF (MIA)
2.3 (19) Jackson Rutledge, SP (WAS)

more later

 

 

Feel like landing Witt at 8 seems great 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would Jassen go so high? On a 3 year contract the guy will be 19 and still in the minors? How can u arbitration a guy off of some Dominican Summer league stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hailfire4 said:

Why would Jassen go so high? On a 3 year contract the guy will be 19 and still in the minors? How can u arbitration a guy off of some Dominican Summer league stats?

 

I'd assume the minimum arb amount until he plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Why would Jassen go so high? On a 3 year contract the guy will be 19 and still in the minors? How can u arbitration a guy off of some Dominican Summer league stats?

 

it's controversial. some people are saying they didn't have him in their top 30 for that reason. 

don't want to get too deep into the weeds of our specific league format, but a little info probably will help you guys process these picks anyway, so - basically your team is a 40-man roster of big leaguers that are paid money out of a $100m cap, and then 25 minor league slots that don't cost anything. the league has contracts, max length 5 years, so it's kind of a missing link between redraft and dynasty. all minor league contracts are 3 years long. when they end, you have to put the guy on your 40-man, but his cost is determined by a fixed arb bracket - for example you can sign him for $400k for 1 year, or $3M for 5 years. or a range in between. so it's kind of like real-life cost control period, he's not exposed to any competitive bidding like the rest of the older players.

i could go on, but that's the basic idea. so the guy who picked jasson is hoping that these "switch-hitting mike trout" comps are, you know, true, and either he'll shoot up to the majors by 19 juan soto style, or at least it'll be obvious enough that he's awesome to where it makes sense to drop the 5-year arb deal on him. usually the teams that win this league are the ones that manage to get 4 or 5 young stars on those $3x5 deals at the same time, so that's what everybody's trying to do. they're willing to even eat the first year or 2 of the 5 with him still in the minors if it means getting a star after that.

the guy who took jasson at 4 is the same guy who managed to get both trout and harper at the same time in a 16-team league, so. i'm not betting against him.

the prejudice against 17-year-old J2 guys used to be stronger, but soto and wander have got everyone a little juiced. i actually picked up wander as a free agent, that's how hard everybody was passing on those guys just a little while ago

anyway here are some more picks

2.4 (20) Alek Manoah, SP (TOR)
2.5 (21) Brent Honeywell, SP (TB)
2.6 (22) Daniel Espino, SP (CLE)
2.7 (23) Greg Jones, SS (TBR)
2.8 (24) Michael Toglia, 1B (COL)
2.9 (25) Colton Welker, 1B/3B (COL)
2.10 (26) Michael Busch, 2B (LAD)
2.11 (27) Shogo Akiyama, OF (CIN)
2.12 (28) Brett Baty, 3B (NYM)
2.13 (29) Cal Raleigh, C (SEA)

as you can see it's not strictly a FYPD, either, there are some wildcat unowned players in the mix. i actually find that useful as a kind of range finder for how people are valuing the first-year guys

 

Edited by wily mo
additional comment
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opinions on Hedbert Perez? Prospectslive has him ranked 30 for FYPD, but I haven’t found much else on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok here's my draft through the mid 6th round. (see my earlier posts on this thread for league context)

1.1 (1) Adley Rutschman, C (BAL)
1.2 (2) CJ Abrams, SS (SD)
1.3 (3) Andrew Vaughn, 1B (CWS)
1.4 (4) Jasson Dominguez, OF (NYY)
1.5 (5) Yoshitomo Tsutsugo, OF (TB)
1.6 (6) JJ Bleday, OF (MIA)
1.7 (7) Josh Jung, 3B (TEX)
1.8 (8) Bobby Witt Jr, SS (KC)
1.9 (9) Nick Lodolo, SP (CIN)
1.10 (10) Kwang-Hyun Kim, SP (STL)
1.11 (11) Bryson Stott, SS (PHI)
1.12 (12) Hunter Bishop, OF (SF)
1.13 (13) Corbin Carroll, OF (ARI)
1.14 (14) Riley Greene, OF (DET)
1.15 (15) Noelvi Marte, SS (SEA)
1.16 (16) George Kirby, SP (SEA)

2.1 (17) Kody Hoese, 3B (LAD)
2.2 (18) Peyton Burdick, OF (MIA)
2.3 (19) Jackson Rutledge, SP (WAS)
2.4 (20) Alek Manoah, SP (TOR)
2.5 (21) Brent Honeywell, SP (TB)
2.6 (22) Daniel Espino, SP (CLE)
2.7 (23) Greg Jones, SS (TBR)
2.8 (24) Michael Toglia, 1B (COL)
2.9 (25) Colton Welker, 1B/3B (COL)
2.10 (26) Michael Busch, 2B (LAD)
2.11 (27) Shogo Akiyama, OF (CIN)
2.12 (28) Brett Baty, 3B (NYM)
2.13 (29) Cal Raleigh, C (SEA)
2.14 (30) Zack Thompson, SP (STL)
2.15 (31) Matthew Allan, SP (NYM)
2.16 (32) Mickey Moniak, OF (PHI)

3.1 (33) Kameron Misner, OF (MIA)
3.2 (34) T.J. Sikkema, SP (NYY)
3.3 (35) Isaiah Campbell, SP (SEA)
3.4 (36) Quinn Priester, SP (PIT)
3.5 (37) Braden Shewmake, SS (ATL)
3.6 (38) Braxton Garrett, SP (MIA)
3.7 (39) Christian Koss, 2B/SS/3B (COL)
3.8 (40) Adonis Medina, SP (PHI)
3.9 (41) Will Wilson, 2B/SS (SF)
3.10 (42) Oswald Peraza, SS (NYY)
3.11 (43) Francisco Alvarez, C (NYM)
3.12 (44) Tucupita Marcano, 2B/SS/3B (SD)
3.13 (45) Jonathan Stiever, RHP (CWS)
3.14 (46) Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B (KC)
3.15 (47) Shea Langeliers C (ATL)

4.1 (48) Liover Peguero, SS (PIT)
4.2 (49) Tristin English, 3B/OF (ARI)
4.3 (50) Tyler Nevin, 1B (COL)
4.4 (51) Jared Oliva, OF (PIT)
4.5 (52) Andy Pages, OF (LAD)
4.6 (53) Hudson Head, OF (SD)
4.7 (54) Aaron Bracho, 2B (CLE)
4.8 (55) Alexander Canario, OF (SF)
4.9 (56) Justin Williams, OF (STL)
4.10 (57) Francisco Morales, SP (PHI)
4.11 (58) Lewis Thorpe, SP (MIN)
4.12 (59) Blake Walston, SP (ARI)
4.13 (60) Austin Allen, C (OAK)
4.14 (61) Matthew Wallner, OF (MIN)
4.15 (62) Drew Mendoza, 1B (WAS)
4.16 (63) Robert Puason, SS (OAK)

5.1 (64) Franklyn Kilome, SP (NYM)
5.2 (65) Ronaldo Hernandez, C (TAM)
5.3 (66) Bryce Ball, 1B (ATL)
5.4 (67) Noah Song, SP (BOS)
5.5 (68) Tony Santillan, SP (CIN)
5.6 (69) Shun Yamaguchi, SP (TOR)
5.7 (70) John Doxakis, SP (TBR)
5.8 (71) Ethan Small, SP (MIL)
5.9 (72) Tahnaj Thomas, SP (PIT)
5.10 (73) Diego Cartaya, C (LAD)
5.11 (74) Brennan Malone, SP (PIT)

6.1 (75) Bailey Ober, SP (MIN)
6.2 (76) Roansy Contreras, SP (NYY)
6.3 (77) Davis Wendzel, 3B (TEX)
6.4 (78) Sterling Sharp, SP (WAS)
6.5 (79) Bayron Lora, OF (TEX)

 

broadly speaking, latin players tend to be good values because the absence of a draft framework makes them harder to peg

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First round in the books here. 

 

1. Andrew Vaughn **same team

2. Jasson Dominguez **same team

3. Adley Rutschman 

4. CJ Abrahams

5. JJ Bleday 

6. Bobby Witt JR 

7. Josh Jung 

8. Corbin Caroll 

9. Nick Lodolo

10. Hunter Bishop 

11. Alex Manoah 

12. Riley Greene 

13. George Kirby

14. Kwang-Hyun Kim

15. Jason Rutledge

16. Josh Lindblom

17. Erick Pena

18. Zach Thompson

19. Michael Toglia 

20. Michael Busch

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

First round in the books here. 

 

1. Andrew Vaughn **same team

2. Jasson Dominguez **same team

3. Adley Rutschman 

4. CJ Abrahams

5. JJ Bleday 

6. Bobby Witt JR 

7. Josh Jung 

8. Corbin Caroll 

9. Nick Lodolo

10. Hunter Bishop 

11. Alex Manoah 

12. Riley Greene 

13. George Kirby

14. Kwang-Hyun Kim

15. Jason Rutledge

16. Josh Lindblom

17. Erick Pena

18. Zach Thompson

19. Michael Toglia 

20. Michael Busch

 

Seems like a fairly standard start up to pick 8.  I had picks 1, 2, and 8 in this draft, and I was kinda surprised as to how far Riley Greene fell.  I think I had him 8th on my board (First 6, then Caroll, then Greene), so him going to 12 is kinda wild.  On the other hand, kind of refreshing to see people go with their own analysis/gut rather than just follow the standard listings.  I do think the draft gets perhaps a little TOO wild on the back end, lol.  I had the 2.1 pick but ended up trading it in order to move up in this draft, and kinda? maybe? (probably not) regretting it knowing what's available at 2.1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

 

Seems like a fairly standard start up to pick 8.  I had picks 1, 2, and 8 in this draft, and I was kinda surprised as to how far Riley Greene fell.  I think I had him 8th on my board (First 6, then Caroll, then Greene), so him going to 12 is kinda wild.  On the other hand, kind of refreshing to see people go with their own analysis/gut rather than just follow the standard listings.  I do think the draft gets perhaps a little TOO wild on the back end, lol.  I had the 2.1 pick but ended up trading it in order to move up in this draft, and kinda? maybe? (probably not) regretting it knowing what's available at 2.1.

 

Agree on Greene, Pena at 17 also appears to be a huge value.

 

Thanks for sharing, I have picks 9, 14 and 16 this Sunday. This was very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 teams points, steals devalued

 

Round 1

1) Adley

2) Vaughn

3) Dominguez

4) Abrams

5) Bleday

6) Witt

7) Green

08) Carrol

9) Jung

10) Lodolo

11) Pena

12) Puasson

13) Lu Rod

14) Baty

15) Bishop

16) Manoah

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 10:53 PM, brockpapersizer said:

16 teams points, steals devalued

 

Round 1

1) Adley

2) Vaughn

3) Dominguez

4) Abrams

5) Bleday

6) Witt

7) Green

08) Carrol

9) Jung

10) Lodolo

11) Pena

12) Puasson

13) Lu Rod

14) Baty

15) Bishop

16) Manoah

 

Round 2

17. Hoese

18. Kirby

19. Zach Thompson STL

20. Acosta

21. Rutledge

22. Toglia

23. Langeliers

24. Busch

25. Stott

26. Goss

27. M Allan

28. Tyler Callihan

29. Head

30. Misner

31. Espino

32. Shemake

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Round 2

17. Hoese

18. Kirby

19. Zach Thompson STL

20. Acosta

21. Rutledge

22. Toglia

23. Langeliers

24. Busch

25. Stott

26. Goss

27. M Allan

28. Tyler Callihan

29. Head

30. Misner

31. Espino

32. Shemake

 

33. Josh Wolf

34. Reece Hinds

35. Tommy Kelly

36. Drew Mendoza

37. Blake Walston

38. Ball

39. Burdick

40. Acuna

41. Greg Jones

42. Malone

43. Gunnar Henderson

44. Planez

45. Mojica

46. Cavaco

47. Preister

48. Jack Kochanowicz

 

First 4 and last pick of this round seem terrible, would ignore those, but everything else seems fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

33. Josh Wolf

34. Reece Hinds

35. Tommy Kelly

36. Drew Mendoza

37. Blake Walston

38. Ball

39. Burdick

40. Acuna

41. Greg Jones

42. Malone

43. Gunnar Henderson

44. Planez

45. Mojica

46. Cavaco

47. Preister

48. Jack Kochanowicz

 

First 4 and last pick of this round seem terrible, would ignore those, but everything else seems fine.

 

Greg Jones at 41 feels like a total steal, prospects live ranked him at 9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

33. Josh Wolf

34. Reece Hinds

35. Tommy Kelly

36. Drew Mendoza

37. Blake Walston

38. Ball

39. Burdick

40. Acuna

41. Greg Jones

42. Malone

43. Gunnar Henderson

44. Planez

45. Mojica

46. Cavaco

47. Preister

48. Jack Kochanowicz

 

First 4 and last pick of this round seem terrible, would ignore those, but everything else seems fine.

Hinds might be a little early there, but I like him. Also like Kochanowicz quite a bit. What are your thoughts against them? Just too early?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people often use last round picks to cut for surprise starters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Hinds might be a little early there, but I like him. Also like Kochanowicz quite a bit. What are your thoughts against them? Just too early?

 

Don't know much about them honestly, not saying they are busts but they weren't on my draft sheet + the owners who took them aren't the prospect hounds that would warrant me looking deeper into them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

people often use last round picks to cut for surprise starters

 

if by surprise starters you mean people who  start the season hot, i don't see what that has to do picks. We have 2 more rounds so it wasn't the last round.

 

It's the 3rd round of a 16 team FYPD where well over 500 dudes are already owned. Most guys are longer shots at this point, I get it. Just didn't love some of the picks based on not being on my radar, I'm certainly wrong about this level of minor leaguer all the time. If you see something in them, no issue with it.

Edited by brockpapersizer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Don't know much about them honestly, not saying they are busts but they weren't on my draft sheet + the owners who took them aren't the prospect hounds that would warrant me looking deeper into them.  

I've read that Hinds' power is Gallo/Sano level, but the K potential is also very high and suspect defense. There's a lot of ways he fails, but 40+ HR is the enticing part. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

I've read that Hinds' power is Gallo/Sano level, but the K potential is also very high and suspect defense. There's a lot of ways he fails, but 40+ HR is the enticing part. 


Went before Ball who I think is probably in that same boat and got a spring training invite. Also personally like Burdick more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.