DiscoNinja33

Jordan McRae 2019-2020 Outlook

Beal is now questionable for wednesday, I’d monitor how he does now with Beal on the court before adding in 12 teams unless you need a points stream

Edited by PlayoffP

4 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

yeah exactly, but check his per 36, the peripherals and defensive numbers are pretty promising. Looks like all he’s needed was a chance, the ppg is unreal on a per minute basis. Even guys like Norman powell didn’t sniff these stats.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcraejo01.html

Love the per 36 stats that show he can hold some value if given sufficient minutes. My issue is more with the usage dropping once everyone's healthy. Beal, Wagner, Hachimura and Bertans are all relatively high usage guys, which could come at the expense of McRae. If he's putting up defensive stats, then it won't matter as much, but as a long-term option, it feels a bit premature to call him anything more than a speculative add.

10 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Killing it again even with Beal. 

lol really? 3-7 with 10pts and he’s “killing it”

I like Mcrea, but maybe settle down just a bit.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

lol really? 3-7 with 10pts and he’s “killing it”

I like Mcrea, but maybe settle down just a bit.

10 pts 

4 boards

1 assist

43% 

2 3’s at 40%

2/2 FT’s 100% 

0 TO’s

at the half. 

fantasy is more than points and FG% my mans. 

Edited by Jackdean33

4 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

10 pts 

4 boards

1 assist

43% 

2 3’s at 40%

2/2 FT’s 100% 

0 TO’s

at the half. 

fantasy is more than points and FG% my mans. 

agreed. 

just the whole “killing it” made me post. By those standards, most of everyone’s WW is “killing it”, brah. 

Posted (edited)

This guy is money, run him some plays, watching him defer to ish smith who’s just driving recklessly into three guys isn’t fun basketball. He’s being used like a low usage 3 and D guy here, he should be running point for the second unit.

Edited by Lifschitz

Just now, Lifschitz said:

This guy is money, run him some plays, watching him defer to ish smith who’s just driving recklessly into three guys isn’t fun basketball.

My man, you are a great poster.  You're not some rando on this forum.  You know goddamn well Jordan McRae is not ******** money.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

My man, you are a great poster.  You're not some rando on this forum.  You know goddamn well Jordan McRae is not ******** money.

his stats beg to differ this year, he can shoot. I want him handling and showing his per minute scoring ability. Not standing around watching ish smith.

have you checked his shooting splits month by month or are you looking at his name?

Bro do not rope me into another FG% argument: I won Lonzo Ball's in 2018 so hard I can't even @ the guy I beat because he cries so hard he gets the mods to remove the posts.  2019's Siakam argument I won so nastily it became a rotoworld meme: HISTORIC BEAST! What shooting splits am I supposed to be looking at for this dude?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Bro do not rope me into another FG% argument: I won Lonzo Ball's in 2018 so hard I can't even @ the guy I beat because he cries so hard he gets the mods to remove the posts.  2019's Siakam argument I won so nastily it became a rotoworld meme: HISTORIC BEAST! What shooting splits am I supposed to be looking at for this dude?

not sure “historic beast” is something to hang your hat on around here. Non the less, I agree with you.

Just now, Ray Barboni said:

not sure “historic beast” is something to hang your hat on around here.

It was used because some tards actually thought he was going to make history.  Of course, he didn't, which pretty much anyone could've predicted.  When I did it, it made a lot of people very mad, though, and when he kept it up another 2-3 weeks, they actually started thinking it.

Of course, he ended at almost exactly the FG% I predicted in November.  😋

He played well with Beal playing despite poor efficiency. Even though the Wizards are a mess I’d say he’s worth a spot on 12 teamers as the end of the bench guy depending on your worse player. I think he’s going to get significant minutes ROS and hopefully produce top 120 numbers 

39 minutes ago, PlayoffP said:

He played well with Beal playing despite poor efficiency. Even though the Wizards are a mess I’d say he’s worth a spot on 12 teamers as the end of the bench guy depending on your worse player. I think he’s going to get significant minutes ROS and hopefully produce top 120 numbers 

he’s putting up Will Bartonesque lines, there’s a lot of value in that. As long as the minutes stick ROS this guy should be rostered in standards. 

• Thanks 1

He had 4 really good games, tempted to add him but don't know for who...

On 1/2/2020 at 10:21 AM, Sfektz said:

This guy should not be getting mins over Payton. Brooks is dumb as fuk

what the hell are you talking about?

29 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

what the hell are you talking about?

He probably feels like he wasted a pickup lol.

On 1/1/2020 at 10:08 PM, PlayoffP said:

Why do you think he has the minutes secured?

• Beal? Out.
  • Bertans? Out.
  • Bryant? Out.
  • Hachimura? Out.
  • Wagner? Out

To me he looks like the classic fill-in mirage. Good player? Looks to be. Good enough to keep his minutes when five rotation players come back over the course of the next three weeks? I think that might be a stretch but don't let me hold you back.

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

Why do you think he has the minutes secured?

• Beal? Out.
  • Bertans? Out.
  • Bryant? Out.
  • Hachimura? Out.
  • Wagner? Out

To me he looks like the classic fill-in mirage. Good player? Looks to be. Good enough to keep his minutes when five rotation players come back over the course of the next three weeks? I think that might be a stretch but don't let me hold you back.

Also might I add that Beal, Bertans & Bryant are all top 60 nine cat guys so far on average this season... And 130 MPG between the three. You could argue Wagner (ranked 106th) falls out of the rotation, fair enough but Hachimura's 29MPG is pretty much guranteed when he gets back. Now we're maybe at around 150MPG that won't be there for this guy in three weeks.

• Like 2

He’s killing my FG% but I don’t care. Let it fly, Jordan!! Stream team for life.

bad shooting today but these lines are explosive.

my god I own Graham, Nunn, Prince, and McRae, even stormtroopers would be proud.

All you can do is ride it until it lasts.  Eventually this team will be healthy.  Hell, Bertans is expected back in a matter of days and Bryant can’t be far off.  This guy didn’t become some superstar overnight.  Have y’all also look at the opponents lately?  He has faced some weak a** teams since he’s been back.