dschddny

Who gets your vote for non-injury related Bust of the Year?

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Collectively the Cleveland Browns are a bust given the hype and expected production from all of their skills players

Naah. Jarvis Landry has been great, and so was Chubb. He's even been decent with Hunt back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Naah. Jarvis Landry has been great, and so was Chubb. He's even been decent with Hunt back.

Baker-Chubb-landry-OBJ-Njoku-Hunt-Callaway are not producing to the preseason expected outcome = BUST. how quickly people forget this team was pegged to be a SB contender

Also Chubb went from rb4/5 to rb8 after Hunt returned. He is not scoring TD's or making big plays and Hunt has been getting the higher quality passing and redzone touches recently

Edited by dashoe

Has to be OBJ. Sure there are other busts, like OJ, but paying 1st/early 2nd round cost for a "top 2 WR" only to get poop in return = bust of the year

• Like 1

Antonio Brown! s--- i went Rb heavy after grabbing him in the second and my WR core struggled all year because of it. For several weeks you couldn’t start him then he was gone. Not to mention nobody could have predicted him to be traded to the pats of all places before the season started. Only to fall out of the NFL for rape charges 😂

Ultimate bust. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

In round two in my league, there was the following run:

OBJ, JuJu, Bell, Mixon.

The pick before? Dalvin Cook. The pick after? Travis Kelce (that was mine).

If we're going to set aside JuJu as being due to Roethlisberger's injury, then the answer has to be OBJ. Mixon has pulled it together over the last few weeks, Bell has been mediocre but not terrible, and they have both outscored OBJ in total points.

Just to add another name in - the next pick after Kelce was Gurley. I suspect than in a couple of leagues he went really high, and that would make him another candidate. In my league you have to wait a couple more rounds before you get to OJ Howard, but he's  candidate - I'd add in Josh Gordon too. Maybe even David Montgomery.

Gurley is RB12 in my standard league. I drafted him with the 3rd pick in 2nd round. He was RB11 off the board in our draft. He hasn't exceeded expectations and he hasn't busted. I'd say he is doing just fine. And he has been putting up good numbers the last few weeks when it mattered the most. He helped me get in the playoffs.

OBJ gets my vote.

Mike Evans. Yes, he's the PPR WR3 overall. All of his points have come from 4 nice games, and he's closing out the season in a long, frustrating slump.

I saw him as a safe, boring, low-risk, high-floor pick. He's been held under 50 yards in 7 out of 12 games.

At the same time, a guy like this can kill you more than a player who's injured. You can never bench a healthy guy who's capable of putting up 200 yards and 3 TDs in any given game, whereas we've known for a long time not to start JuJu for a variety of reasons.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Baker-Chubb-landry-OBJ-Njoku-Hunt-Callaway are not producing to the preseason expected outcome = BUST. how quickly people forget this team was pegged to be a SB contender

Also Chubb went from rb4/5 to rb8 after Hunt returned. He is not scoring TD's or making big plays and Hunt has been getting the higher quality passing and redzone touches recently

Chubb was drafted as RB5 in both my leagues. RB4 until Hunt, then RB8 after Hunt is not a bust.

Landry was drafted as WR31 in my auction league and WR26 in my snake draft. He is WR14. He is not a bust.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Chubb was drafted as RB5 in both my leagues. RB4 until Hunt, then RB8 after Hunt is not a bust.

Landry was drafted as WR31 in my auction league and WR26 in my snake draft. He is WR14. He is not a bust.

Dude you are completely missing the point because you want to be RIGHT about something. My statement was the Cleveland Browns COLLECTIVELY are a bust compared to their expectations.

I guess you don't understand what the definition of COLLECTIVELY. Cherry picking individuals you think performed well does not make my statement false. I don't even know why you are trying to debate it. 😂 

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Dude you are completely missing the point because you want to be RIGHT about something. My statement was the Cleveland Browns COLLECTIVELY are a bust compared to their expectations.

I guess you don't understand what the definition of COLLECTIVELY. Cherry picking individuals you think performed well does not make my statement false. I don't even know why you are trying to debate it. 😂 

To be fair you did mention "expected production from skill players". And Chubb has performed as expected and Landry exceeded expectations. OBJ has really been the major underperformer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Probably because you named two players who are definitely not busts in your first post. Could be the problem. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Gurley is RB12 in my standard league. I drafted him with the 3rd pick in 2nd round. He was RB11 off the board in our draft. He hasn't exceeded expectations and he hasn't busted. I'd say he is doing just fine. And he has been putting up good numbers the last few weeks when it mattered the most. He helped me get in the playoffs.

OBJ gets my vote.

Yeah, I agree, I just know that in a couple of leagues he went super high. In my auction league he went for $73 which made him RB6 and eight overall, for a guy who's RB15 (0.5PPR), which is fine. OBJ went for $80 🤣

1 minute ago, daynlokki said:

Probably because you named two players who are definitely not busts in your first post. Could be the problem. 

This was my FIRST post 😂 👇

58 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Collectively the Cleveland Browns are a bust given the hype and expected production from all of their skills players

Yeah, collectively I'd say the Browns were a bust, but I drafted Myles Garrett as IDP and Landry as WR, so I'm perfectly happy. I'm a Browns fan, and didn't want to go anywhere near OBJ or Njoku. Would have happily taken Chubb or Hunt. One great joy of FF is that we don't have to worry about teams as a whole for the most part. I'd have loved to have drafted Devante Parker.

12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

It's pretty clear that when you say the "Browns are a bust given the hype and expected production from all their skills players", that implys that said skills players (Chubb, OBJ) have not produced, and is the reason for the Browns as a team not producing their expectations, which isn't entirely true as a collective bunch.

Edited by MSkibisky
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

But we don’t draft teams in fantasy football, we draft players.

Chubb and Landry have not been busts.

• Like 2

Sorry dashoe, I missed your response.

I misinterpreted your first post. I thought you were saying that all the skills players had underperformed, and because I'm a Browns fan and have Landry I thought that was harsh. I agree that the Browns have underperformed collectively, and I should know 😁.

I don't think I misinterpreted your second post though, where you actually did say that all the skills players had underperformed.

And to clarify, it isn't that I want to be RIGHT about something, it's that I don't want YOU to be WRONG about something. I'm wrong about stuff fairly often, which is why I'm careful with pronouncements.

That's all from me on this though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

It's pretty clear that when you say the "Browns are a bust given the hype and expected production from all their skills players", that implys that said skills players (Chubb, OBJ) have not produced, and is the reason for the Browns as a team not producing their expectations, which isn't entirely true as a collective bunch.

uhmmmmmm, NO. collective means total, aggregate. Which means you take all of the individual production good , bad, mediocre add it up and get the collective result. SO you are WRONG. Geez what is with u guys 🤣

31 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Mike Evans. Yes, he's the PPR WR3 overall. All of his points have come from 4 nice games, and he's closing out the season in a long, frustrating slump.

I saw him as a safe, boring, low-risk, high-floor pick. He's been held under 50 yards in 7 out of 12 games.

At the same time, a guy like this can kill you more than a player who's injured. You can never bench a healthy guy who's capable of putting up 200 yards and 3 TDs in any given game, whereas we've known for a long time not to start JuJu for a variety of reasons.

This is a bad take. Compare him to OBJ. At least Evans has had his blowup games and his floor is basically OBJ’s average. He was also drafted after OBJ lol. 

10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

But we don’t draft teams in fantasy football, we draft players.

Chubb and Landry have not been busts.

yeah not the point but okay thx for the response that is completely out of context to my post  🤣

FYI you are wrong because some people do draft ALL the skills players of a team for their fantasy teams. Not smart but I have seen it done 😂

Edited by dashoe

1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

OBJ

Also considered: Gurley, Hopkins, 

Hopkins is WR4

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

yeah not the point but okay thx for the response that is completely out of context to my post  🤣

FYI you are wrong because some people do draft ALL the skills players of a team for their fantasy teams. Not smart but I have seen it done 😂

It actually is the exact purpose of this thread. Agree or disagree, you need to relax. It seems that every post is just you aimlessly defending yourself and criticizing others' opinions. How many times do you have to tell other people how wrong they are to feel good about yourself? It's a fantasy forum, and this thread is 100% subjective. Relax.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

It actually is the exact purpose of this thread. Agree or disagree, you need to relax. It seems that every post is just you aimlessly defending yourself and criticizing others' opinions. How many times do you have to tell other people how wrong they are to feel good about yourself? It's a fantasy forum, and this thread is 100% subjective. Relax.

I'm not defensive. I like to be accurate. You were inaccurate. My post was very clear but you chose to interpret it in a way that was evident you didnt understand the word "collective".  it's very logical. Citing individual results is not a collective result. i corrected you. it's very simple, not personal 😂

Edited by dashoe
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm not defensive. I like to be accurate. You were inaccurate. My post was very clear but you chose to interpret it in a way that was evident you didnt understand the word "collective".  it's very logical. Citing individual results is not a collective result. i corrected you. it's very simple, not personal 😂

You didn't even read my breakdown of your original post. You just chose to skip over it, give me some definition of the word "collective". My point was simply that you need to relax and stop making things so personal on here. Like I said, it's a subjective thread on a fantasy forum.

• Like 3