dschddny

Who gets your vote for non-injury related Bust of the Year?

Odell, JuJu, and Thielen for WR as biggest busts. 

Kamara for his ADP for RB.

Matt Ryan Andrew Luck (if you drafted before that fateful night)

Bears defense was taken beyond early in most leagues. 

Without a doubt it's OJ Howard.  The guy was drafted in the 5th/6th rounds and you can't even start the guy.  Most of the other "busts" at least have a bit of value still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eg4190 said:

In general, too many people are looking at the season-long totals to figure out who's a bust or not, when we play a weekly game.

Consider a player who catches 10 80-yard TDs in Week 1. Nothing close to this has ever happened in real life, but it's not physically impossible. This hypothetical player would put up a 10-800-10 line in that game, good for 150 fantasy points. Whomever owned this player would certainly win their Week 1 matchup.

Now consider that this player stays healthy and starts the next 15 games, but performs like a WR4, mixing up near-donuts with occasional 2-50-1 type games. At the end of the season they have a 70-1300-13 line, good for 278 fantasy points. That would have been good for a WR10 season-long finish last year.

Is this player really a WR1? They only gave you one good game. The owner of this player would not be guaranteed to make the playoffs. What if they benched them Week 1? They would have been chasing those points all season long while getting only WR4 production in return.

Consistency wins games week-to-week. Not occasional blowups that are impossible to predict. It's fair to label players a bust if they've been inconsistent, even if they're in the top-10 at their position in season-long points.

I do believe this is pretty much what Sammy Watkins did (give or take 7 TDs in week 1).

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Nick Chubb has been damn good for me all year.  He's had some lower games sure but he has had only 1 game I think where he ended the game with less than 9 points.

EDIT: I continued reading the thread and saw you admitted Chubb and Landry as well have not been busts.  Please don't hurt me lol.

careful, dashoe is already cocking and loading a "YOURE WRONG IM RIGHT" reply

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dashoe said:

OBJ was a top 12 overall pick and wr5

He is currently wr 25 with 149pts

OJ Howard was a top  50 pick and TE5

He is currently TE 36 with 56pts

So OJ Howard is the bigger bust because he is not even fantasy relevant.

You can't even put him in a lineup in any format 😂

you could easily cover the  waste of a pick of howard. much tough to cover obj. top 50 pick vs 1st rder. top 50 picks bust. 1st rders who are healthy shouldn't bust

• Like 1

Howard was drafted too late to be the bust of the year. Missing on a 5th/6th rounder isn't devastating. Tough to climb out of the hole of missing on a 1st/2nd. That'd put guys like Mixon, Juju, OBJ, DJ, Bell firmly in the running. Although Mixon has really picked it up as of late. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

15 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

It's Antonio Brown, easily. 

It’s got to be him..everyone forgot about AB already.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

It’s got to be him..everyone forgot about AB already.

Yup. He was a top 5 wide receiver for what, 6 years in a row?

People drafted him around 23rd overall and he gave them 1 game....out not due to injury.

He has to be the answer to this question. 

7 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

careful, dashoe is already cocking and loading a "YOURE WRONG IM RIGHT" reply

Wrong is wrong and right is right. There are no everyone wins participation trophies 😉

Looks like a toss up between Antonio Brown and OBJ....I drafted #11 out of 12 in standard snake...took OBJ first and AB second.  Oh what could have been!  Sigh.

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

uhmmmmmm, NO. collective means total, aggregate. Which means you take all of the individual production good , bad, mediocre add it up and get the collective result. SO you are WRONG. Geez what is with u guys 🤣

How many fantasy teams do you have the collective group of the Browns scoring for you?  If none, move on it's not applicable to fantasy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

Baker-Chubb-landry-OBJ-Njoku-Hunt-Callaway are not producing to the preseason expected outcome = BUST. how quickly people forget this team was pegged to be a SB contender

Also Chubb went from rb4/5 to rb8 after Hunt returned. He is not scoring TD's or making big plays and Hunt has been getting the higher quality passing and redzone touches recently

Nobody expected Hunt or Callaway to do anything.  Not a ton of hype for any of these guys to be considered busts.  I'd say Chubb was a pleasant surprise this year considering he was downgraded with people expecting his stats to lag much worse than RB8 when Hunt came back.  Landry also has been good.  I'd say those two combined outweigh the busts of Njoku and OBJ.  Mayfield I will give you and I guess that COLLECTIVELY they are a bust because of that.  Njoku is injured and based on this topic doesn't count.  Either way, this is a fantasy board and absolutely nobody drafted every Browns player listed so it really doesn't matter anyways.

• Like 1

Probably not THE bust of the year (that honor belongs to OBJ/AB/OJ), but Sony Michel was taken WAY higher than where his fantasy production currently is at. I know in most of my leagues his going in the 4th at the latest.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DoYourJob said:

Probably not THE bust of the year (that honor belongs to OBJ/AB/OJ), but Sony Michel was taken WAY higher than where his fantasy production currently is at. I know in most of my leagues his going in the 4th at the latest.

Yeah I think Michel need an honorable mention for sure. 

As someone who drafted OBJ and actually ended up with a bye, it's been a struggle, and only due to me picking up Waller and DJ Chark did I evade his horrid points totals for his ADP

5 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Nobody expected Hunt or Callaway to do anything.  Not a ton of hype for any of these guys to be considered busts.  I'd say Chubb was a pleasant surprise this year considering he was downgraded with people expecting his stats to lag much worse than RB8 when Hunt came back.  Landry also has been good.  I'd say those two combined outweigh the busts of Njoku and OBJ.  Mayfield I will give you and

I guess that COLLECTIVELY they are a bust

because of that.  Njoku is injured and based on this topic doesn't count.  Either way, this is a fantasy board and absolutely nobody drafted every Browns player listed so it really doesn't matter anyways.

I love how no one refutes or even disputes my statement that the Browns are COLLECTIVELY a bust from both a fantasy and I will now add a real world basis yet feel compelled to take issue with the statement "just because" 🤣

Edited by dashoe

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I love how no one refutes or even disputes my statement that the Browns are COLLECTIVELY a bust from both a fantasy and I will now add a real world basis yet feel compelled to take issue with the statement "just because" 🤣

Because unlike you, most people don't come here to pick arguments. The Browns have not met their pre-season expectations, that is quite obvious, just look at their record. I'm unsure why you feel the need to countlessly try to "prove" the obvious. We know.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Because unlike you, most people don't come here to pick arguments. The Browns have not met their pre-season expectations, that is quite obvious, just look at their record. I'm unsure why you feel the need to countlessly try to "prove" the obvious. We know.

I make one factual statement that the browns are collectively a bust and you are continuously arguing about nothing because I said you were WRONG with your interpretation. Even the orginal person who disputed it and that you were attempting to support admitted he made a mistake. You obviously can't let it go and have made this a personal mission hence your need to keep commenting about it. 😂

Edited by dashoe

Just now, dashoe said:

I make one factual statement that the browns are collectively a bust and all you keep doing is arguing about nothing because I said you were WRONG with your interpretation. Even the orginal person who disputed it and that you were attempting to support admitted he made a mistake. You obviously can't let it go and have made this a personal mission hence your need to keep commenting about it. 😂

You're literally arguing with yourself... lol. Stop getting so offended by opinions on a subjective matter that differ from yours, and have some fun. It's fantasy football, not wall street.

• Haha 1

Back on topic:

Surprised no mention of Kamara. Take out his injured weeks and hes had 1 good game. Considering his top 3 ADP, hes at least a disappointment.

24 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Back on topic:

Surprised no mention of Kamara. Take out his injured weeks and hes had 1 good game. Considering his top 3 ADP, hes at least a disappointment.

He's disappointing but I don't think he can be called a bust.