dschddny

Who gets your vote for non-injury related Bust of the Year?

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, Bandito said:

The number one overall spot has to go to AB.  If you're building an "all-bust" team (relative to expectations), I'd nominate Rodgers at QB.  Has had arguably four good games all year, and is on pace for possibly the worst non-injury season of his career.

I don't consider Antonio Brown a bust because in practice I don't think his situation cost too many teams in practice. He played 1 game which he did well in. He otherwise was known to be out and there have been oodles and oodles of viable wide receivers this year in the WR3 range and below. Moore, Landry, Robinson, Sutton, Gallup, John Brown, etc. Chances are you replaced Brown with someone who was productive especially factoring in matchups.

JuJu and OBJ on the other hand - you "had" to start them for the first 8-9 games of the year and they probably finished you. OJ Howard is a close third as you "had" to start him for about 6 weeks before moving on, and the TE pool didn't expand until around the 2nd half of the year.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Not the biggest busts but non-injury busts that this thread seems to be overlooking:

Cooks

Fair but had plenty of concerns going in, would rather Kupp who has his own issues

, Moncrief,

Always sucked

Damien,

depends on ADP, first three rounds that's on you

David Montgomery,

Nagy

Michel,

NE backfield

Josh Gordon,

guy has been irrelevant for 5+ years

Fuller,

Always injured

Allison+MVS,

poor talent in a presumed good situation

Henderson,

Literally who

Corey Davis, 

Has always sucked

I agree with OBJ and also the people who say Sony Michel. 

I know Mahomes is having a good year but for the price that had to be paid for him, are those who drafted him feeling he’s a bust? 

1 hour ago, GreatScott! said:

I agree with OBJ and also the people who say Sony Michel. 

I know Mahomes is having a good year but for the price that had to be paid for him, are those who drafted him feeling he’s a bust? 

i cant see how you can say Sony Michel when he has more yards than Saquon who many took at #1 overall. 

• Like 3

OJ Howard

Montgomery

Mixon

OBJ

JuJu (even before ben went down he was nowhere near AB production)

On 12/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, TrillaTrilla said:

i cant see how you can say Sony Michel when he has more yards than Saquon who many took at #1 overall. 

I didn’t list Barkley since he did get hurt and missed some games. The injury could also be contributing to his lack of big plays this year. He’s missed 3 games this year but is still in the top 24 in my main league, so while that doesn’t give much comfort for his draft price, at least he’s been startable. 

34 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Justin Tucker for sure. Dude couldn’t hit one FG against the Jets? BUST.

The Ravens always go for it on 4th downs - really minimizes his opportunities this year, sadly.

24 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The Ravens always go for it on 4th downs - really minimizes his opportunities this year, sadly.

I know. Tucker was dropped on his bye week in one of my leagues, I thought I was set when I was able to scoop him.

At that point he was the top scoring kicker, but I quickly realized I had probably made a mistake.

• Like 1

I wanna say Mixon but he's been so much better lately he's actually RB17. Not where he was drafted obviously, but not a colossal bust. Saquon is considerably behind him in scoring and only missed a few weeks. Beckham is WR28, and I know Juju's been injured recently, but he's WR57. It's tough because a lot of the obvious busts like Juju, Damien, DJ, Howard, Kamara, etc. have been dinged up. Ultimately the injuries aren't why they're busts, but if we're talking strictly guys who haven't missed time, Beckham, Michel, Montgomery, would all be right near the top. 

On 12/8/2019 at 1:18 AM, 24/7fantasysports said:

Travis Kelce with him being treated like a WR1.

Keenan Allen as well. 

I completely disagree with you on Kelce. I was somebody who drafted him in round two, because I considered him to be up there around WR1/2 with the added bonus of being a TE so you don't have to stream. Classic set and forget that I'm happy to pay a bit more for. The four guys drafted before him were OBJ, JuJu, Le'Veon and Mixon.

In that league (0.5PPR) he's comfortably the #1 TE and he would be WR#15. Allowing for the comfort premium of not streaming a TE and the points differential between him and other TEs I don't see how you can call him a bust, I really don't. Only disappointment has been the lack of TDs.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2019 at 9:57 AM, Div1726 said:

I don't consider Antonio Brown a bust because in practice I don't think his situation cost too many teams in practice. He played 1 game which he did well in. He otherwise was known to be out and there have been oodles and oodles of viable wide receivers this year in the WR3 range and below. Moore, Landry, Robinson, Sutton, Gallup, John Brown, etc. Chances are you replaced Brown with someone who was productive especially factoring in matchups.

JuJu and OBJ on the other hand - you "had" to start them for the first 8-9 games of the year and they probably finished you. OJ Howard is a close third as you "had" to start him for about 6 weeks before moving on, and the TE pool didn't expand until around the 2nd half of the year.

Except most people drafted AB in the 3rd round.

And he literally only gave us 1 game of production. But also made us keep him on our rosters for multiple weeks waiting to see what would happen. 

I could have had Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Derrick Henry, etc. instead of AB, for example. 

So it was a pretty big bust considering the other guys we could have drafted. 

Edited by mbell317
  • Like 1

obj no contest, imagine if you drafted TO back during his prime years and he delivered this kind of dud

How is the answer not Antonio Brown hands-down?

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

How is the answer not Antonio Brown hands-down?

I think the arguments against are that (a) it might be considered injury-related if the injury is mental (b) he wasn't drafted as high as ODB, at least partly because people were just waiting for something like what happened to happen and (c) when he got suspended a fair few people just dropped him. I tend to agree with you though.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 7:11 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

I know. Tucker was dropped on his bye week in one of my leagues, I thought I was set when I was able to scoop him.

At that point he was the top scoring kicker, but I quickly realized I had probably made a mistake.

So just to clarify...you're joking, right? 🤣

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I think the arguments against are that (a) it might be considered injury-related if the injury is mental (b) he wasn't drafted as high as ODB, at least partly because people were just waiting for something like what happened to happen and (c) when he got suspended a fair few people just dropped him. I tend to agree with you though.

They were drafted in the same vicinity.  ODB actually did something apart from one game this year.  I hear your counters, though.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

They were drafted in the same vicinity.  ODB actually did something apart from one game this year.  I hear your counters, though.

Yeah, only reason I thought ODB initially was that I had discounted AB.

• Like 1