dschddny

Who gets your vote for non-injury related Bust of the Year?

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, only reason I thought ODB initially was that I had discounted AB.

What about David Johnson?  Although I guess that did involve injury to some extent.

13 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

By definition, the answer is AJ Green. 

Wouldn’t that be the definition of an injury related bust?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Le'Veon Bell was drafted late first by most who took him.  How are they feeling about that selection?

Of the early round picks who have played (almost) every game, Bell has done quite poorly.

I would give the ultimate award to Antonio Brown, though.  His body is not injured, but he simply acted like such a turd, so many many many times, that he is currently out of the league.

Re: AJG. I guess I just mean that no one actually believes his injury lasted this long or is causing him to miss the entire season. 2 or 3 months (From time of injury)? Sure. But he's obviously been milking it as part of his holdout and knowing he needs to get paid, and now he is essentially continuing to hold out for the one more big contract he'll get this offseason. ADP was in the high 60s-70s, making him a 6th/7th round pick in most leagues, and he will end up with 0 points this season. Everyone else mentioned here has scored more than that, so I guess that's why I said by definition (AJG has the least). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rag9876 said:

By definition, the answer is AJ Green. 

Aj Green was an 8th round pick. If he sank your team, you had bigger problems after the draft

Odell sinked me in a 2 keeper league. Picked him over Chubb. Also kept Davante over Thomas and as a Saints fan that stings.

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Le'Veon Bell was drafted late first by most who took him.  How are they feeling about that selection?

Of the early round picks who have played (almost) every game, Bell has done quite poorly.

I would give the ultimate award to Antonio Brown, though.  His body is not injured, but he simply acted like such a turd, so many many many times, that he is currently out of the league.

Why am I not shocked you nominate 2 ex Pitt players you have been biased against since the day they started their holdouts? 🤣

For me its Juju.  I know the whole injury thing but he was unstartable before the injury.  Actually his injury was the best thing that happened.  Because then I was able to force myself to take him out of the starting lineup and play somebody that could do something.

Maybe not bust of the year but David Montgomery has cost me several games and was also straight painful to watch trying to run power in the shotgun formation over and over. Nagy is clueless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Maybe not bust of the year but David Montgomery has cost me several games and was also straight painful to watch trying to run power in the shotgun formation over and over. Nagy is clueless.

Dudes been an RB2. Hardly a bust

6 hours ago, youngrice said:

For me its Juju.  I know the whole injury thing but he was unstartable before the injury.  Actually his injury was the best thing that happened.  Because then I was able to force myself to take him out of the starting lineup and play somebody that could do something.

The injury thing with JuJu is not JuJu though, it's Roethlisberger. 

Just now, Gfycat said:

Although Brandin Cooks had some concussion issues I think he deserves an honorable mention here

naw anyone who took him knowing kupp was healthy along with woods there should of know this was a highly possible outcome. banking on goff to support 3 wr is a tall order especially with gurley being a shell of his former self

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

naw anyone who took him knowing kupp was healthy along with woods there should of know this was a highly possible outcome. banking on goff to support 3 wr is a tall order especially with gurley being a shell of his former self

Sure it was possible, but I doubt many of us would've seen him getting targeted 2-3 times a game given his success when all three receivers were healthy last season

I am sure some people listed these guys already, but here are some of mine that stood out to me. 

OBJ seriously wtf? 

Aj Green he don't wanna play for Cinci

Josh Gordon again wtf? 

Leveon Bell I don't know what to say

David Montgomery got Nagy'D

Jared Goff no running game regression

Davante Adams I know he had turf toe but his usage is seriously head scratching 

Robby Anderson doing his usual late season heroic again tho 

Anthony Miller I thought was poised for a breakout year but got Nagy'D

Sony Michel bellichick mind games

Anthony Pettis ☠ 

I would say playing OBJ in your line ups is worse than Antonio not playing at all.  People playing OBJ have been getting sunk with wr3 production all year.  With the right moves you had opportunities to replace Antonio.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 16kredit said:

As in the MMA guy? Or u mean Dante Pettis? 

Oof! Sorry was reading results from last night's card and had MMA on the mind 😂 

On 12/14/2019 at 7:42 AM, rag9876 said:

Re: AJG. I guess I just mean that no one actually believes his injury lasted this long or is causing him to miss the entire season. 2 or 3 months (From time of injury)? Sure. But he's obviously been milking it as part of his holdout and knowing he needs to get paid, and now he is essentially continuing to hold out for the one more big contract he'll get this offseason. ADP was in the high 60s-70s, making him a 6th/7th round pick in most leagues, and he will end up with 0 points this season. Everyone else mentioned here has scored more than that, so I guess that's why I said by definition (AJG has the least). 

I think that's pretty unfair to AJ Green.  He did try to return this year and even participated in a practice or two.  But his ankle did not respond.  Based on everything I know about this player, I believe he would be playing if he were able.  And, financially speaking, returning to play in the last couple of weeks could have proved his return to health and likely made him millions.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:08 PM, dashoe said:

Why am I not shocked you nominate 2 ex Pitt players you have been biased against since the day they started their holdouts? 🤣

Well they are pretty good candidates for the "award" listed in the OP.  Who else would you suggest?

Anthony Miller definitely flopped in the first half of the season, but he's been scorching hot the last 3-4 games.