dashoe

RB HANDCUFFS: Did it payoff?

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Slats Murray stepped up big time in Kamara's absence - albeit brief, he hung up better #s than the starter 🤷‍♂️

x2.  He won me a couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

Not in 2019, couple good game for Latavius.

Last year yes. I was able to make good on a double cuff. Cuffed Bell by drafting Conner, which was big. Then cuffed Conner with Samuels. Though I only did that due to Bell not coming back. Once I saw that writing on the wall, cuffed with Samuels. Then got extremely fortunate when Conner went down and got to play Samuels at tight end due to yahoo classifying him TE eligible.

This year I have not had any cuffs pay off. I spent draft pick late on Pollard and never used him... eventually cut. I spent late draft pick on Hendersen and never used him eventual cut. I may look to cuff again, if I can,now that playoffs are here.

The guys that actually have good hand cuffs behind them have stayed healthy all year..  Cook (maybe until now) Gurley, Zeke.  Other situations just are not that good because of the committee approach where it changes week to week... Zona, Pitt, IND, etc..

This has been the year of one good week from a handcuff and that’s it. I enjoyed getting latavious 2 good weeks, one good week from johnathan Williams, one from Gallman, an ok week from Malcom brown, and a couple from mecole hard man if you can count him as a handcuff from when Tyreek was out. 

I did have have a couple times it bit me, week two of Gallman and John Williams that cost me big time. 

I have mattison and and my fingers crossed for this week

Considering that you can get most of these handcuffs from the free agent pool at any given time, it doesn't seem like a really good strategy.

In a pretty competitive 12 team league, I got L. Murray, Edmonds, Darrel Williams and Mattison off the FA or waiver at the opportune time. Didn't have to roster them all year. 

Conversely I wasted space with Henderson and others at times. Some of these backups just aren't talented enough to do anything even when they get the chance. 

Maybe if your starter is known to be injury prone then handcuffing is a good idea. Someone like David Johnson. 

Edited by mbell317