Sign in to follow this  
Wabbit2K

LM powers

The LM in a league set the 12 team league up with 4 divisions. The division winners all make the playoffs and then the next best 4 records, total of 8 playoff teams. The 2 best teams in the league happen to be in the same division. One of them got the 1 seed and the other the 5 seed. The LM went in and manually changed the playoff bracket a hour before last nights kickoff and moved the 5 seed team to the 2nd seed because he says he had the 2nd best team.

Please tell me this is BS? There is $1,300 on the line and he pulls this. 

Yup, that's a shady move. Just because both of the top 2 best teams happen to be in the same division doesn't mean that LM shouldn't alter the set playoff brackets. Definitely a shady move and I would bring it up, especially with $$$ on the line. **FYI this would probably be better in the Assistant Coach forum rather than the Fantasy Football Talk forum. Good luck!

Edited by MSkibisky

3 minutes ago, Wabbit2K said:

The LM in a league set the 12 team league up with 4 divisions. The division winners all make the playoffs and then the next best 4 records, total of 8 playoff teams. The 2 best teams in the league happen to be in the same division. One of them got the 1 seed and the other the 5 seed. The LM went in and manually changed the playoff bracket a hour before last nights kickoff and moved the 5 seed team to the 2nd seed because he says he had the 2nd best team.

Please tell me this is BS? There is $1,300 on the line and he pulls this. 

Should be something discussed before the season starts. Seeding shouldn't be a last minute decision. 

As a comissioner since 1998 any rules changes including playoff seedings are to be either done before the season or maybe in unique situations voted on during the season...

Changing rules this late in the game with no vote is crummy and more peeps in your league should be calling it out.

In my league there would be a revolt by all the peeps that seemed slighted by the rule change & it would cause league damaging chaos...

All these rules should be posted or easily findable by owners so nothing is ever considered shady...

Awful move quit that league now, and find a much better one in 2020 

He says he only did divisions so each team can play a balanced schedule and the record is the deciding factory for playoff seeding.

This league has been together for 10+ years, I know most of them and have been in for 3 years. I never thought he would go and change something this drastic during the year, especially in a money league.