Sign in to follow this  
croikee

Bench Jacobs for Singletarry? WHIR

10 Team .5 PPR.  Jacobs plays the Titans, Singletarry the Ravens.  On paper, based off the opponent stats and the individual player stats, Jacobs would be my normal set and forget.  For some reason though I have a hard time benching Singletarry this week.  The Ravens were gashed last week, are away at Buffalo, two running QBs...I don't know.  Jacobs, meanwhile, is not involved in the passing game, has a fractured shoulder, and if the Raiders get down at all, he gets game scripted out.  So, is this crazy talk?

Other option would be to play Jacobs and put Singletarry in for either Chark or Carson/Penny (whichever I decide to play).  

WHIR

I have Jacobs and I plan to play him unless some more news comes out about his shoulder. I'm hoping there is more info available by tomorrow and if he's going to play I probably have to play him.  If there is a hint Jacobs might be rested or he sits then this is an easy decision but I have a hard time bench Jacobs if he starts. I do think Singletary is a start  as he's getting 70+% of the snaps lately and averaging almost 5 ypc.  Honestly I'd try too start both, especially over Carson/Penny as I'm not sure where they stand and whos going to be the hot hand.

Really hard to bench either guy right now, but I know its tough with Jacobs banged up and not getting many passes thrown his way. Still I'd have a hard time sitting either if Jacobs is a go. I really like both guys.

5 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I have Jacobs and I plan to play him unless some more news comes out about his shoulder. I'm hoping there is more info available by tomorrow and if he's going to play I probably have to play him.  If there is a hint Jacobs might be rested or he sits then this is an easy decision but I have a hard time bench Jacobs if he starts. I do think Singletary is a start  as he's getting 70+% of the snaps lately and averaging almost 5 ypc.  Honestly I'd try too start both, especially over Carson/Penny as I'm not sure where they stand and whos going to be the hot hand.

Really hard to bench either guy right now, but I know its tough with Jacobs banged up and not getting many passes thrown his way. Still I'd have a hard time sitting either if Jacobs is a go. I really like both guys.

Assuming Jacobs plays would you then try to play Jacobs AND Singletarry at the expense of Carson, Penny or Chark?  Here is my lineup so far:

Wilson, Zeke, Carson, Evans, Julio, Chark, Waller, Jacobs

So, getting both Jacobs and Singletarry in their would require dropping Carson or Chark (or Penny if I played him over Carson).  

7 minutes ago, croikee said:

Assuming Jacobs plays would you then try to play Jacobs AND Singletarry at the expense of Carson, Penny or Chark?  Here is my lineup so far:

Wilson, Zeke, Carson, Evans, Julio, Chark, Waller, Jacobs

So, getting both Jacobs and Singletarry in their would require dropping Carson or Chark (or Penny if I played him over Carson).  

This is definitely a tough one.  Carson is only playing 50% of the snaps but he put it together last week for 100 yards and a TD. Having said that penny looks to be playing more the last 2 weeks and is doing very well. I'd worry Carson might get some work taken away.

Honestly I need more info on Jacobs situation I think. As of now I would probably play Jacobs and Singletary over Carson and Chark. Chark has a tough match-up and has had two lower weeks.  Grant with WRs that is how it goes. When they blow up its great but their floor can be fairly low at times.

I need to think about this one some more but I'd probably rank it as so right now: Singletarry, Jacobs, Carson and then Chark.

• Like 1

Jacobs hasn't practiced all week.  His carries seem to keep diminishing.  The Raiders playoffs chances keep getting slimmer and slimmer.  TEN is hot right now and could easily jump ahead behind brand-new-Tannehill and Derrick Henry.  So.... you're not crazy.

That said, obviously you have to monitor Jacobs, and especially see if he practices today.  If he does, that's a good sign, and you probably need to start him.  If he doesn't, that's a bad sign, he'll be a game-time decision, and even if he plays, he's likely limited. So I think today is the crucial day, as an indicator.

If Jacobs practices today: Jacobs, Chark, and put Singletary in for Carson/Penny.

If Jacobs doesn't practice today: Singletary, Chark, and flip a coin.

I would go Singletary. The Ravens aren't as strong against the run and I think the Bills take advantage of that. Help me?

same boat with Jacobs, you have to monitor that practice report, if it is favorable, I like what others have said with the possible benching of Carson since it is becoming a 50/50 split there in Seattle.

i would go with jacobs here and its not close. The last few games, the raiders were torched and jacobs was scripted out. I think the raiders at home, will keep jacobs relevant. Singletary is playing the ravens. Enough said.

23 hours ago, croikee said:

10 Team .5 PPR.  Jacobs plays the Titans, Singletarry the Ravens.  On paper, based off the opponent stats and the individual player stats, Jacobs would be my normal set and forget.  For some reason though I have a hard time benching Singletarry this week.  The Ravens were gashed last week, are away at Buffalo, two running QBs...I don't know.  Jacobs, meanwhile, is not involved in the passing game, has a fractured shoulder, and if the Raiders get down at all, he gets game scripted out.  So, is this crazy talk?

Other option would be to play Jacobs and put Singletarry in for either Chark or Carson/Penny (whichever I decide to play).  

WHIR

Projections for this week .5PPR, are like this:

Jacobs 

Singletary 

Carson 

Chark 

Penny 

GL