Sign in to follow this  
BigPapi44

Tommy Pham 2020 Outlook

He seems to have a consistent green light.  So while he obviously won't finish with 120, he could easily swipe 25, in 60 games. 

Posted (edited)

[...] he’s got the green light. Should push for 20+ steals. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

What happen to this dude? Such a waste, anyone hear any info? Been hearing could be hamate bone.

1 hour ago, mannymachado said:

What happen to this dude? Such a waste, anyone hear any info? Been hearing could be hamate bone.

RW reporting it's a fractured hamate, surgery required. Doubtful to return for long, if at all.

Tommy Pham suffered a fractured hamate bone in his right hand.

Padres manager Jayce Tingler brought the bad news during an appearance on MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM on Monday. Pham left Sunday's game with what was termed as numbness in the hand. He'll require surgery to remove the hook of the hamate bone, which usually carries a recovery time of several weeks. This could put his status in doubt for the remainder of the season. Tingler said Josh Naylor is slated to replace Pham on the active roster. Pham, 32, was batting .207/.316/.293 with two homers and six steals through 23 games this season.

Related:

Out 4-6 weeks, so at the soonest it will be the end of fantasy regular season. Anybody in mind with similar production that might be floating around the WW?

49 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Out 4-6 weeks, so at the soonest it will be the end of fantasy regular season. Anybody in mind with similar production that might be floating around the WW?

Mateo is gonna get a lot of press. He can run like the wind and is literally likely replacing Pham in the lineup 

7 hours ago, cyberer said:

Mateo is gonna get a lot of press. He can run like the wind and is literally likely replacing Pham in the lineup 

Since he can't hit his running doesn't mean much.  Bet SD wished it had held on to Franmil.

Is pham even worth scooping up if he comes back next week? He wasn't hitting so well before, but he doesn't rely on power so maybe the hammate doesn't affect him as much. 

5 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Is pham even worth scooping up if he comes back next week? He wasn't hitting so well before, but he doesn't rely on power so maybe the hammate doesn't affect him as much. 

He's pretty easily a top 50 OF at the very least I'd think. Probably still top 35 honestly.  Whether he's worth scooping depends on your format.

1 hour ago, Mrmann1 said:

It's far from clear hamate injuries actually sap power. I lean toward it being a myth more than anything.

Starting to see live pitching...maybe next week?

Like I had said. He wasnt hitting so well before the injury. Hasn't seen real pitching in a buncha weeks. Will need a week or so I'd say to reacclimate himself. Gives us 1.5 weeks of Pham in a good offense. Runs and SB chaser could use em I guess but at this point in the season I'm snatching up the hot bats for the final 2 week ride 

You'd have to think he's gona be a bit rusty right and with only 2.5weeks left in fantasy he'd be a risk?