Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2020 Outlook

He was a no-draft for me, but I imagine his ADP has fallen so far that I might be willing to take a flier on him if he falls far enough.  Just wondering how far he'd have to fall for some of you to draft him?

40 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

He was a no-draft for me, but I imagine his ADP has fallen so far that I might be willing to take a flier on him if he falls far enough.  Just wondering how far he'd have to fall for some of you to draft him?

90 or more for me. Based on where Soler is going (or should be) essentially 

45 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Somewhere between Gallo and Rosario for me. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

He was diagnosed with the calf strain on February 26th. Since the 27th his ADP in NFBC is 81. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sine_cera said:

He was diagnosed with the calf strain on February 26th. Since the 27th his ADP in NFBC is 81. 

Add a 2 to that and that’s where I’d consider drafting him.  He’s not going to pay enough games.  Just cross the big stiff name off your boards and move on. Easiest decision in 2020 draft prep.

9 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Add a 2 to that and that’s where I’d consider drafting him.  He’s not going to pay enough games.  Just cross the big stiff name off your boards and move on. Easiest decision in 2020 draft prep.

I think 83 is still too high

27 minutes ago, kenag122002 said:

I think 83 is still too high

Add a 2 in front of the 83, and you’ll have what the ADP should be.

John Carl has to be the most volatile batter in recent fantasy baseball memory (this sort of **** happens with pitchers all the time).

I wouldn't blink an eye if he ended up only missing a week or two and was a top ten hitter.  I also wouldn't blink an eye if it's another lost season for him.  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Overlord said:

John Carl has to be the most volatile batter in recent fantasy baseball memory (this sort of **** happens with pitchers all the time).

I wouldn't blink an eye if he ended up only missing a week or two and was a top ten hitter.  I also wouldn't blink an eye if it's another lost season for him.  

I’d be shocked if he was a top 10 hitter. He doesn’t run, he has had one massive  outlier season of his career.  He has one year over 40 homers, he’s a career .268 hitter, he’s been over 100 RBIs 3 times, he doesn’t steal, he’s been over 100 runs twice.  He’s been overrated by community for a long time.  He hit big in 2017.  Outside of that he didn’t have a positive ROI in any other season.  Once again, let him be someone else’s problem.  

Edited by Cmilne23

16 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I’d be shocked if he was a top 10 hitter. He doesn’t run, he has had one massive  outlier season of his career.  He has one year over 40 homers, he’s a career .268 hitter, he’s been over 100 RBIs 3 times, he doesn’t steal, he’s been over 100 runs twice.  He’s been overrated by community for a long time.  He hit big in 2017.  Outside of that he didn’t have a positive ROI in any other season.  Once again, let him be someone else’s problem.  

I want you to use this doll to show me how Stanton hurt you.  

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Add a 2 in front of the 83, and you’ll have what the ADP should be.

Your sarcasm detector is broken

Wondering how the shortened season (hopefully) will effect him. Will he get a ton of days off? He can't stay healthy obviously but they also aren't paying him to be a part time player with that contract. I'd be interested in trying to buy low on him if he's close to a full time player. Not sure if the DH will be available to him on certain days or if they'll just give him plenty of rest.

Just now, papasmurf said:

Not in lineup for game 1. Hurt again? Anyone hear anything?

He’s played so many more games than you predicted for him last year - don’t get greedy!

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

He’s played so many more games than you predicted for him last year - don’t get greedy!

How many did I predict?

1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

How many did I predict?

I feel like six or so?

Why continue to torture yourself with this man??

Edited by BMcP

Just now, BMcP said:

I feel like six or so?

I don't remember this. I only remembering predicting for last year.

It's reverse jinx psychology in any case.

Just now, papasmurf said:

I don't remember this. I only remembering predicting for last year.

It's reverse jinx psychology in any case.

...like it.  Continue!  I just don’t like seeing the Papa of Smurfs hurt this much.