Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2020 Outlook

Ahhh the first Giancarlo IL stint of the season

During these crazy times, it’s always good to have something you can count on

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

so pissed yanks traded for him.  i was luke warm when they did it but damn.  they would be better off with tht DH spot open for someone like Andujar or Tauchman or Ford.  plus they coulda spent that big money on pitching

• Like 1

I’d like to congratulate him for making it to August before hitting the IL this year

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Pay this man his money. I don't see the hate for the person who signed this guy. All the leagues will continue to do things like this. It's about the revenue that is coming in. Bottom line

• Haha 1

Do we know the severity yet? It's not much to stomach a 10-day stint on the IL if it means he's back and mashing end of August/all of September. 

Posted (edited)

At least the Yanks put him on the IL before the lineup locks today. [...] 

Maybe they should just ice him until the playoffs. Cuz if he comes back you know he will be hurt again and possibly miss the playoffs.

Edited by tonycpsu

16 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Well, at least he homered before going on the IL again.

And next year, the keeper decision will be easy.

I can’t believe you put yourself through the torture of keeping this guy again, Papa!

8 hours ago, papasmurf said:

At least the Yanks put him on the IL before the lineup locks today. [...] 

Maybe they should just ice him until the playoffs. Cuz if he comes back you know he will be hurt again and possibly miss the playoffs.

It is so ludicrous now that the Yanks best case scenario is he becomes the next Ellsbury and they can find some way to not pay him lol.

Any news from the Yanks (or the locals in NYC) today about the MRI results and how long they are anticipating him being out?

1 minute ago, BigPapi44 said:

Any news from the Yanks (or the locals in NYC) today about the MRI results and how long they are anticipating him being out?

ya they said pick up tauchman if still available 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

ya they said pick up tauchman if still available 

LOL. I will.  But in all seriousness, if anyone does hear something if they can post. Tks.

2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Reported to day 3-4 weeks...season will be practically over by the time he comes back.

3 weeks puts him in early Sept, which is still 3-4 weeks left.  That said, the likelihood he gets back quickly and does not develop some other injury while sleeping, walking, breathing, etc. is almost nil.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 1:55 AM, jfazz23 said:

so pissed yanks traded for him.  i was luke warm when they did it but damn.  they would be better off with tht DH spot open for someone like Andujar or Tauchman or Ford.  plus they coulda spent that big money on pitching

I hated that trade in December of ‘17 ... I wanted the Yankees to sign JD Martinez.
 The Yankees were on the hook for at least 250+ MILLION Another ARod nightmare was coming, didn’t think the nightmare would be so damn quick. 

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I hated that trade in December of ‘17 ... I wanted the Yankees to sign JD Martinez.
 The Yankees were on the hook for at least 250+ MILLION Another ARod nightmare was coming, didn’t think the nightmare would be so damn quick. 

Same. I wanted JDM bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

So it's been 2 plus weeks since he's been put on the IL. I'd put the chances of his 3 to 4 week time table as 0.0

tenor.gif?itemid=3488644

I don't doubt he comes back in the time frame.  Over/under number of games he is hurt again is probably 7.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, B&F said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3488644

I don't doubt he comes back in the time frame.  Over/under number of games he is hurt again is probably 7.

Hopefully he's in the gym getting super jacked for his big 1 week return!

• Haha 1

The yanks prolly better off keeping him out until one week before season end. Get him some ABs to prep for the postseason but not enough games to get hurt again. Dude's career as a FT player is over. 

16 hours ago, papasmurf said:

The yanks prolly better off keeping him out until one week before season end. Get him some ABs to prep for the postseason but not enough games to get hurt again. Dude's career as a FT player is over. 

Normally I would agree but that's what happened last year and he got hurt during the playoffs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Normally I would agree but that's what happened last year and he got hurt during the playoffs

Well at least he made it into the playoffs. If they bring him back with lets say two weeks of games to play, he is not gonna make it. Maybe they get him to play like 3 postseason games before he goes down. That's better than zero.

Maybe they shd just make him a workout coach slash pinch hitter. Soon as he gets on base, pinch runner.

8 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Well at least he made it into the playoffs. If they bring him back with lets say two weeks of games to play, he is not gonna make it. Maybe they get him to play like 3 postseason games before he goes down. That's better than zero.

Maybe they shd just make him a workout coach slash pinch hitter. Soon as he gets on base, pinch runner.

Let's be real here. He'd get hurt running to first. Ain't no pinch runner for that. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Guzman said:

Let's be real here. He'd get hurt running to first. Ain't no pinch runner for that. 

Hopefully he makes it to first despite another hammy pull.