PlayTheWaivers

Bilal Powell 2019 Outlook

Guess we're back to the league-winning 1 week play of Bilal Powell. Dude's a lock for top-24 numbers against the fins as 6 point favorite- I'd feel good about putting him in there as I think he's usurped Montgomery and has consistently been in the game spelling Bell.

Don't think Bell is playing, but Powell is getting picked up everywhere on Sleeper. 

It's not terrible, but man it's gonna be tough to place your playoff fate in the hands of Bilal Powell. Bell's been mediocre all year and you certainly can't expect Powell to be better, so ultimately that would make him quite TD dependent. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's not terrible, but man it's gonna be tough to place your playoff fate in the hands of Bilal Powell. Bell's been mediocre all year and you certainly can't expect Powell to be better, so ultimately that would make him quite TD dependent. 

Fair- part of me thinks Bell's just not been great regardless. I'm just looking at matchup and them being a home and home favorites. Can certainly see 20 touches for Powell who hasn't really played awful lately on limited sample size. Gase said good things about him too. I know I'm grasping for straws but am Iooking for a bit more certainty in workload and think Powell's would be safe. Montgomery seems useless

17 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Jesus my team is so bad I might actually start this guy.  Its sad.

when you have the likes of Laird, Mack, Washington, Coleman, Mostert, Snell Jr as options, Powell is a gold mine

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Jesus my team is so bad I might actually start this guy.  Its sad.

My team is in first and I am looking at starting him. Have Jacobs and Conner. 

How about 11.5 in half ppr. Seems like a decent prediction where he get two thirds of the runs and catches by rbs based on last time they played Miami.

I will take that in my flex first round of playoffs instead of a guess on another guys questionable designation or a boom bust wr3.

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

For those desperate enough to start him tomorrow, myself included:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Good post. For a team that cant run the ball for nothing (Bell - 3.2 ypc), I'm more interested in the targets. Essentially they are dead even in what will be the most important stat this week for PPR owners.

What a mess.

2 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

They are playing miami

Lol True, but lets not forget that this is a division game and Miami got their first W against the Jets while holding the Jets to just 18 points (1 TD) with Bell.

You damn right i'm starting Powell against the Dolphins. Think he has a chance to give the Jets it's best rushing output all year. Bell and his dancing at the line has just not worked in this offensive system. It worked great in Pittsburgh but not with Gase. Powell has always had solid success when his number is called and the Dolphins match up at home does not get any better. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

You damn right i'm starting Powell against the Dolphins. Think he has a chance to give the Jets it's best rushing output all year. Bell and his dancing at the line has just not worked in this offensive system. It worked great in Pittsburgh but not with Gase. Powell has always had solid success when his number is called and the Dolphins match up at home does not get any better. 

Great point. think Powell's style may be better and it's at home against the dolphins in pretty cold weather...I'd probably start Powell's over the guice singletary range you know? Guaranteed workload 

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I am thinking 14-51, 6-38 and 1 td

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1