PlayTheWaivers

Bilal Powell 2019 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Miami

Well Singletary & Mack were held under 10 fantasy points... and you think Bilal can do better, lol 😆 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Well Singletary & Mack were held under 10 fantasy points... and you think Bilal can do better, lol 😆 

You can cherry pick if you want, but Miami has given up the 4th most points to RB's on the season and Bell put up 16+ points against them in week 9 on the road. If you don't have a quality alternative he's not a bad gamble at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark One said:

You can cherry pick if you want, but Miami has given up the 4th most points to RB's on the season and Bell put up 16+ points against them in week 9 on the road. If you don't have a quality alternative he's not a bad gamble at all.

I agree ... what constitute a quality alternative? 

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I agree ... what constitute a quality alternative? 

A starting RB with a decent to solid matchup.

From everything I have seen he's a low end rb2 to high end flex in ppr. If you need him play him. If not, don't get cute.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

From everything I have seen he's a low end rb2 to high end flex in ppr. If you need him play him. If not, don't get cute.

Precisely my thoughts - with a solid matchup at least giving him a chance for more if you need him, not as a play over a solid option you already have.

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Is there a possibilty this is the TyMont show? Powell is projected pretty high in Yahoo. @Iron-cock

That's what I am worried about honestly. Gase is so annoying sometimes.

Powell or white. I’m changing it every 5 seconds. 

32 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Telling me James White is comparable to Bilal Powell  ... is freaking laughable. 

These are the two I keep going back and forth on. White has the upside but could also have absolutely nothing. 

The 31-year-old Powell returned to the Jets this season after undergoing season-ending neck injury in October 2018. He was inactive the first two games of this season, and with Bell’s arrival, has totaled just 32 carries for 125 yards with no touchdowns.

“I think Bilal’s run the ball very well. I think he’s done everything very well,” Gase said. “I think he was patient when we were trying to figure everything out, how we were going to use everybody.”

https://twitter.com/nyjets?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

This is a way better response than what he had to say about Ty Montgomery.

“In my head, I thought we’d be able to use him a lot more,” Gase said of Montgomery, who played for Green Bay and Baltimore earlier in his five-year NFL career. “The number of plays we’ve had per game hasn’t been ideal to for us to get these guys as many snaps as we wanted.”

30 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Is there a possibilty this is the TyMont show? Powell is projected pretty high in Yahoo. @Iron-cock

No? Powell's had 75% opportunity as a backup and even took a whole series last week... read my comment above this response. Read between the lines- this dude doesn't like Montgomery 

Montgomery has always had a s--- attitude. There’s a lot not to like. He’s not really good at anything either. He’s decent at everything.

Powell will run hard today.

1 minute ago, Squats&Milk said:

Montgomery has always had a s--- attitude. There’s a lot not to like. He’s not really good at anything either. He’s decent at everything.

Powell will run hard today.

I sure hope .. I picked him to start. No quality alternatives. Sat Mack, McCoy, Mostart & Bo. 

RB

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

It’s probably Powell.  😉

[...] Powell is hurt, has bad matchups coming up and Bell likely back next week. Drop!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Looks like he got 8.8/9.9 projected points this week for me but on the bench. Not as bad as some people expected but not a world beater either.