Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 8

tonycpsu

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 9

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 8

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:

Alex Len (29%)
Danuel House jr (42%)
Duncan Robinson (26%)
Nemanja Bjelica (38%)

Players owned in 25% of the leagues, or less:

MY MAN BEN MCLEMORE (23%) -
Matisse Thybulle (8%)
Garrett Temple (21%)
De'Anthony Melton (9%)
Troy Brown (6%)
Donte DiVincenzo (8%)

More thoughts here: https://perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/2019/12/09/sleepers-waiver-wire-pickups-week-8/

Last week’s suggestions:

Delon Wright (49%) - Minutes came crashing down even before the right abductor injury. Safe to drop. 
Rodney Hood (20%) - SMH, PDX is cursed this season. Get well soon, Rodney. 
Norman Powell (22%) - Could see some more touches and minutes with FVV out tonight - watch the situation. Powell been okay this season. 
Jakob Poeltl (13%) - 9.5/9 with 4 blocks and just 1 TO for the week. Tends to have some low REB games, but also adds value in FG% and BLK. Watch for Pop, though. 
Omari Spellman (6%) - 12 & 13 minutes last two games. With such a depleted roster, Spellman should have been abel to carve out more minutes. 
Keita Bates-Diop (3%) - Aside from the dud vs OKC, Diop has hit at least two threes in every game since Nov 23rd. Nice FG% help as well, albeit in low volumes. I can see him enter the starting five soon. 
Mo Bamba (25%) - 8.3 reb and 1.7 blk over past week. That's what you got him for. The three threes in total were a nice bonus. 
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (9%) - Under 20 minutes 3/4 games last week, with his best game coming vs the Sixers. He's a low end fantasy option and could be on/off waivers ROS. 
Justin Jackson (1%) - Patience. Timmy Hardaway jr has been decent over past weeks (And I refuse to tote him in this thread).
Moe Harkless (3%) - Helped a bit (1.3) in steals, but other than that, did little to capitalize on Jamychael's absence. Can go back to waivers now. 
Mfiondu Kabengele (0%) - Still watch list worthy. Killed in the G-League, and got a few minutes in the big league as well. 

• Like 4

Bamba+Huerter this week. Hopefully 1 pans out moving forward. I'll miss Dwight Powell but the schedule is shaky. 

3 hours ago, Sosa said:

Huerter, was looking at Alex Len too. 

man alex len is that type of dude that pops off on ww.. then performs duds as soon as you scoop him ... legit had him drafted thinking it was realistically him to lose the center roll.. with Collins the 4. Even with Collins out he arguably hasn't walked away with that gig.. 

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

man alex len is that type of dude that pops off on ww.. then performs duds as soon as you scoop him ... legit had him drafted thinking it was realistically him to lose the center roll.. with Collins the 4. Even with Collins out he arguably hasn't walked away with that gig.. 

Damian Jones owns the C spot in ATL now.

10 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Damian Jones owns the C spot in ATL now.

His value is gonna fade once Collins returns in a few weeks, Hawks management has hinted at using Collins at both the 4 and 5.

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I drafted him too lmao 

Ariza is sneaky putting top100 numbers last 2 weeks. ranked 77 player last 7. Just saying...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

His value is gonna fade once Collins returns in a few weeks, Hawks management has hinted at using Collins at both the 4 and 5.

I think Lens' minutes suffer and Fernando's as a result of this....also JC is not the model of health....Jones can stick and play side by side w JC more often than not...

6 hours ago, manolo_ said:

Ariza is sneaky putting top100 numbers last 2 weeks. ranked 77 player last 7. Just saying...

I was just coming here to say that. If the minutes hold steady at 25 the rest of the way with Bagley back he’s a very sneaky Covington lite type add. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I was just coming here to say that. If the minutes hold steady at 25 the rest of the way with Bagley back he’s a very sneaky Covington lite type add. 

This is my problem with Ariza and reading too much into any of the Kings' recent individual performances. Bagley returning means that Barnes either shifts to the 3 or moves to the bench. The biggest hit will be to either Barnes or Ariza once Bagley returns.

I thought that the normal rotation could be something like this, so its not out of the question Ariza sticks with 25min per game. We''ll see...

Fox 32 Joseph 16

Hield 34 Bogda 14 

Barnes 9 Ariza 25 Bogda 14

Bagley 9 Bjelica 16 Barnes 23

Holmes 27 Bagley 21

33 minutes ago, Homer S said:

I thought that the normal rotation could be something like this, so its not out of the question Ariza sticks with 25min per game. We''ll see...

Fox 32 Joseph 16

Hield 34 Bogda 14 

Barnes 9 Ariza 25 Bogda 14

Bagley 9 Bjelica 16 Barnes 23

Holmes 27 Bagley 21

There's little to no chance Bagley plays center based on what we've seen last year and with what Walton was doing in pre-season and to start the year. Could that change? Absolutely, but to date there's been very little appetite to give Bagley any mins at C.

Any good streamers for today? I’m trailing in my points league and need a good option just for today since I wanna drop Wagner anyway