Sign in to follow this  
affliction

Mottos For the 2020 Fantasy Football Season?

Don’t draft players from pathetic organizations. That includes NY teams, Browns, Bengals, Jax, and a few others.

If the team is bad that’s fine but bad organizations? No thanks. 

• Like 1

I learned that Best Ball is one of the better formats out there but is never pumped because it would take away precious clicks from pointless start/sit articles 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

You mean like Kamara, Davante, Julio, OBJ, Juju and those are just the first 2 rounds. 

Coming into this season, none of those were considered "taking chances". 

Barkley bust, David Johnson bust Bell, almost a bust.  It was a coin flip in the first to rounds

Edited by phisouza33

2 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

Don't be afraid to gamble on the "injury prone" guys if the talent is there.

like Aaron Jones playing all 16 games?

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Don’t draft players from pathetic organizations. That includes NY teams, Browns, Bengals, Jax, and a few others.

If the team is bad that’s fine but bad organizations? No thanks. 

The giants have won two superbowls in the past 12 years and are clearly going through a rebuild at the end of a hall of fame QBs career. Bad organization is a massive over statement.

Just now, wendellrott said:

like Aaron Jones playing all 16 games?

Dalvin too. I’ll get him next year and he’ll play 5 games

17 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

this, combined with not over analyzing like so many people did with CMC, or like I did with players like Derrick Henry, Amari Cooper, and Kenny G.  I foolishly basically made it a point to avoid these guys because of nit-picking and over analyzing while ignoring the guaranteed volume coming their way. 

You just cherry-picked guys that happened to have great seasons.

Le’Veon, Julio, David Johnson, Davante Adams, Saquon, etc. were all also thought to have guaranteed volume coming into the season as well.

The process doesn’t change. The best thing to do is take all available information and put it together to make the best decision possible.  If you targeted the wrong guys this year, that doesn’t mean it’ll happen again next year.

I hate all the drastic overreactions we see in this forum this time of year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Draft stud WR first 2 rounds. RB has been a joke

Huh? The only “stud” WR drafted in the first 2 rounds that has returned value is Michael Thomas. Hopkins is close.

The rest have been disappointments.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Stay away from aging WRs

Emmanuel Sanders was on my DND because of this. I don't think he will ever play full a season but he blew up today

Motto: this s--- is mostly luck, it doesn't matter if you think you had a "stud". Anything can happen and your supposed "stud" can completely s--- the bed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

wat.

My motto next year will be "Don't check live scores".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I did this and will never do it again. RB RB RB forever 

who are the stud WRs you referring to? Cause it can’t be OBJ Julio juju. Hopkins and Adams weren’t busts but pretty meh. Other than Michael Thomas, not sure who these stud WRs are. Would love to know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

wat.

My motto next year will be "Don't check live scores".

I didn't give it up fully this year but I limited it and it did wonders for my nerves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Motto: this s--- is mostly luck, it doesn't matter if you think you had a "stud". Anything can happen and your supposed "stud" can completely s--- the bed. 

This this this

8 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Stay away from aging WRs

My plan is generally to target 24-26 year old WR's who are on the cusp of becoming a WR1. Next year I'm targeting the likes of Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd, Courtland Sutton, Calvin Ridley, and John Ross. 

• Like 3

Just now, affliction said:

I didn't give it up fully this year but I limited it and it did wonders for my nerves.

Yeah, that was me too. Main problem I had this year was that one of my leagues was Yahoo and I kept getting updates when one of my guys scored a TD. Of course, that meant that if I wasn't getting updates I got anxious. Have to remember to switch those off next year too.

• Haha 1

I actually increased my teams this year. I kind of watched games and didn't care who performed well. I didn't stress as much. When you have 1 or 2 teams you are all in on a few players. It will have you rooting against your hometeam.

1 minute ago, affliction said:

I actually increased my teams this year. I kind of watched games and didn't care who performed well. I didn't stress as much. When you have 1 or 2 teams you are all in on a few players. It will have you rooting against your hometeam.

Yeah that's a nice idea, but I don't think I can justify the time. I can't bring myself to half-a** a league and don't think I can give more than two (maybe three) the time they deserve 😁

I learned that the DST position is stupid. Played in one league without it and it was much more fun. Losing because your defense got negative points is one of the worst aspects of fantasy.

4 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

My plan is generally to target 24-26 year old WR's who are on the cusp of becoming a WR1. Next year I'm targeting the likes of Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd, Courtland Sutton, Calvin Ridley, and John Ross. 

I like those names too and should be available 4th round and beyond? Hopefully? I’m strongly considering going 3 RB and looking these WRs

Just now, drisser said:

I learned that the DST position is stupid. Played in one league without it and it was much more fun. Losing because your defense got negative points is one of the worst aspects of fantasy.

Playing with IDP Players is your FF Fulfillment to your Frustrations

Do Away with D/ST 

• Like 1