Sign in to follow this  
affliction

Mottos For the 2020 Fantasy Football Season?

27 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Draft stud WR first 2 rounds. RB has been a joke

I drafted Julio and JuJu the first two rounds....

12 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

My plan is generally to target 24-26 year old WR's who are on the cusp of becoming a WR1. Next year I'm targeting the likes of Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd, Courtland Sutton, Calvin Ridley, and John Ross. 

Add Golladay to that list

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, drisser said:

I learned that the DST position is stupid. Played in one league without it and it was much more fun. Losing because your defense got negative points is one of the worst aspects of fantasy.

Can't quite make my mind up about DEF or D/ST, but one of my leagues dropped kickers and it has just felt so right.

24 minutes ago, drisser said:

I learned that the DST position is stupid. Played in one league without it and it was much more fun. Losing because your defense got negative points is one of the worst aspects of fantasy.

Can't understand why more leagues don't play IDP

Playing the NFL's best Def Players is a hell've a lot better than playing D/ST

i think my biggest takeaway from this season is that WRs are worthless. There is no point in drafting WRs early when you can load up on WR2/3 types, play matchups, find a WW guy or two early in the year, cycle guys, and not really lose that many points versus any other team. My Ridley, Williams, Miller trio just outscored Hopkins, Adams, Hollywood by 10+. WRs are just way to inconsistent to be worth the early picks.

Give me 3 RBs, a QB, and a top TE before any WR next year. There are too many decent options of them always available.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 7

47 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

I like those names too and should be available 4th round and beyond? Hopefully? I’m strongly considering going 3 RB and looking these WRs

Sutton is not making it to the 4th next season. he's going to have a TON of hype between his play this season and Lock looking productive so far. 

Frank Gore will never die, he will never stop. In 10 years when he is still playing and he's on the team of your hotshot rookie or 2nd year RB know that he will take enough touches from him to make said young stud not-really-startable, but not enough touches to have solo value himself. He will do this until the sun burns out. Frank Gore is the Alpha and the Omega of Fantasy Football, the stars, and everything. 

Edited by yossarian
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Can't understand why more leagues don't play IDP

Playing the NFL's best Def Players is a hell've a lot better than playing D/ST

Ditto. Leonard, Littleton, and some other guys have been carrying me most of the season.

Don't draft players highly that had historically efficient seasons. I expect CMC to have a 30% haircut in points next year and for saquon to be the new CMC next year 

8 minutes ago, devaster said:

Ditto. Leonard, Littleton, and some other guys have been carrying me most of the season.

got J Schobert, V Bell, L Ryan

all top 5 in IDP in my league

had a good Defense this year

17 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Sutton is not making it to the 4th next season. he's going to have a TON of hype between his play this season and Lock looking productive so far. 

Frank Gore will never die, he will never stop. In 10 years when he is still playing and he's on the team of your hotshot rookie or 2nd year RB know that he will take enough touches from him to make said young stud not-really-startable, but not enough touches to have solo value himself. He will do this until the sun burns out. Frank Gore is the Alpha and the Omega of Fantasy Football, the stars, and everything. 

Gore is the Terminator of RBs.

• Like 1

Just now, wendellrott said:

got J Schobert, V Bell, L Ryan

all top 5 in IDP in my league

had a good Defense this year

Giants secondary has been money this season. Jabrill Peppers was a top-5 IDP until his injury.

Anyone that has been playing fantasy long enough knows there isn't some secret strategy to win every season. A lot of it comes down to everything breaking the right way. Just like how many teams that make the playoffs or deep playoff runs are the teams that are playing their best down the stretch, remained healthy all season or got healthy when it mattered most, and had some luck along the way.

In fantasy we are managing players from many teams. So you need to hope things break your way for many teams. Getting CMC because you drafted early this season isn't a guarantee the next season. Who knows if his production will be the same next season. He could also get injured. Lamar won't be a late round gem next season.

I tell myself this every season, but holding on to players your drafted too long is what always bites me in the a** later. But choosing the right waiver pickup is also a complete gamble.

Mottos, not CSB  ...

A Motto for next year might be: "If QB Winston still has no RBs draft him sooner than later."

Motto for this week: "Thanks JW for the almost 50 FF points!"

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

holding on to players your drafted too long is what always bites me in the a** later.

Dev, (High Draft Picks)

hard to do , but I traded OBJ for Mixon

outright dropped JuJu for someone, can't remember

Don't fall in love with a player

Stay Dynamic not Static

1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

i think my biggest takeaway from this season is that WRs are worthless. There is no point in drafting WRs early when you can load up on WR2/3 types, play matchups, find a WW guy or two early in the year, cycle guys, and not really lose that many points versus any other team. My Ridley, Williams, Miller trio just outscored Hopkins, Adams, Hollywood by 10+. WRs are just way to inconsistent to be worth the early picks.

Give me 3 RBs, a QB, and a top TE before any WR next year. There are too many decent options of them always available.

This guy in my league missed the playoffs because of a similar strategy. Drafted Saquon Barkley, Aaron Jones, and Josh Jacobs with his first 3 picks and struggled at WR all year. Best to treat this year's top WR under-performances as an outlier. 

12 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

This. Next year I will take 1 WR in the first 4 rounds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 904kc said:

This guy in my league missed the playoffs because of a similar strategy. Drafted Saquon Barkley, Aaron Jones, and Josh Jacobs with his first 3 picks and struggled at WR all year. Best to treat this year's top WR under-performances as an outlier. 

The EXACT Same thing can be said For the all the people who took some combo of julio/juju/obj/Adams/Allen/thielen in the first 1-3 rounds. Those guys struggled at RB all year. Only thing you’re making clear is that this game is almost all luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Start your studs, unless they're duds, who play like cruds, while you pull your puds.

I learned that it really doesn't matter what happens for 13 weeks.  Because you can get to the playoffs with a ridiculously strong team, only to lose because of random injuries.  I can't remember a week where there were so many key guys who were either ruled out prior to Sunday or lost mid-game (even worse). 

• Like 2

1) If your argument is based on Fantasy Points Per Touch, you need a new argument.

2) Rotoworld Forums, only meteorologists have less accountability for being wrong.

• Haha 2

I had arguably the most underachieving team. Lost in 1st round of playoffs this past weekend with Kamara, D. Adams, Julio and Lockett on my roster in my 12-team keeper league.

Fantasy football is an unpredictable game and we are all just guessing on who will perform and lead us to glory. Just go with your gut and hope that it is right.