Sign in to follow this  
affliction

Mottos For the 2020 Fantasy Football Season?

24 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

"This is my final year, I'm done next year"

I actually followed through on this once. Stayed out three years, but it pulled me back in. 

Me in February: I'm not coming back to this.

Me two months later:

spacer.png

Edited by JuanSuarez
  • Like 1

F'ing don't quit my job with the expectation of earning a living through 100 matches a week of DK 50/50 contests. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Set the lineup, ignore the results until Tue.

I wish I could follow this...my weeks would be so much less stressful that way. I just can't do it, I feel like I have to eagerly sit and watch every play-by-play and can't miss a single minute when my team could be getting points.

As for my motto next year, avoid players on bad organizations. I fell into the Browns hype, but at the end of the day they are who we thought they were.

I also agree with those saying to take risks on ascending WRs instead of taking players at the end of their peaks. I'm never drafting Julio again, I'll gladly use my first round pick next year on a bellcow RB and take a guy like Ridley or Sutton a few rounds later. 

• Like 1

Everyone is going to get injured and your team will be the walking wounded at seasons end.

Draft for width over height.

Handcuffs are worthles.

Top TE's are rare and worth hi draft picks.   

28 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Everyone is going to get injured and your team will be the walking wounded at seasons end.

Draft for width over height.

Handcuffs are worthles.

Top TE's are rare and worth hi draft picks.   

Draft for width not height, that motto has gotten me into the consolation bracket so many times, 6-7, week 13, need a win to get in, team falls short

edit:  I agree, handcuffs are garbage nowadays....

.......so are contract years, back in the day, a player would ball out that year, now they hold out, or extend their sideline to e with an injury

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Draft for width not height, that motto has gotten me into the consolation bracket so many times, 6-7, week 13, need a win to get in, team falls short

Yep.

Waivers , trades, matchup after.

I hear ya though

The biggest thing that helped me this year was:

Play the game to win each week

Last couple season's I'd been to conservative with moves and whatnot holding out for Rest of Season value and then before I knew it my team was in the skids. I've dropped Aaron Rodgers, I've dropped Juju, I spent $31 FAAB on RoJo and then dropped him. Honestly I really spent my last $50 poorly. But I had a great regular season.

This is what I'm trying to remember for next year:

Trust your own eyes and instincts, not the "experts" or rankings

Research offensive schemes and coaching changes and draw possible conclusions for better or for worse (LaFleur/Rodgers, Munchak/Hooper, Gruden/Jacobs, Nagy/Montgomery, etc.)

Don't trust 1-year or less sample sizes

Edited by aapox
  • Like 3

No matter what you keep adding as no matter how deep you think your roster is injuries will always find you.

Had Kittle, added Henry when someone dropped him. That was a God send during byes and Kittle was hurt.

Added Hunt thinking I'd never need him. Now I have to flex him due to injuries.

I was loaded at WR... Adams, Kupp, Chark, TY. Still added Deebo. Needless to say Deebo will be a key part of my lineup the next two weeks.

• Thanks 1

I seem to always latch on to the wrong crowd hype and get sucked into a player I don't like, but is available where I draft.  I took Kamara #3 but had an offer to trade back to #8.  I should of taken it.  Last guy I got sucked into was Gronk.  Charles Johnson.  Trent Richardson.  Ugggg.

23 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

I learned that Best Ball is one of the better formats out there but is never pumped because it would take away precious clicks from pointless start/sit articles 

This, so much.  Year after year, ive tried talking my league mates into going best ball and/or at least getting away from H2H..why I can't get the votes is mind boggling.  If it weren't such a tradition amongst us, I'd quit and just go full solo DFS.

11 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

The EXACT Same thing can be said For the all the people who took some combo of julio/juju/obj/Adams/Allen/thielen in the first 1-3 rounds. Those guys struggled at RB all year. Only thing you’re making clear is that this game is almost all luck. 

Well my point was avoiding certain players next season may end up haunting you. I aim for best available RB/WR and try to have 2 of each within the first 4 rounds. And yes, luck is involved. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sternes said:

I seem to always latch on to the wrong crowd hype and get sucked into a player I don't like, but is available where I draft.  I took Kamara #3 but had an offer to trade back to #8.  I should of taken it.  Last guy I got sucked into was Gronk.  Charles Johnson.  Trent Richardson.  Ugggg.

Charles Johnson...hahaha. On the Vikings? Dude got me too. Matthew berry was into it!