Sign in to follow this  
Cleanface

Boston Scott 2019 Outlook

What a slap in the face to miles Sanders dynasty shares 

I liked Scott last year or two years ago when saints picked him up. Looks like sproles out there.

Something tells me Sanders was hurt or something. Either way I can see Scott being the sproles again in the offense and earning 6-8 touches. Today was fluky that the eagles realized the Giants can't cover anything on the boundaries- only up the gut runs. Kudos to coaches for exploiting

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What a slap in the face to miles Sanders dynasty shares 

I liked Scott last year or two years ago when saints picked him up. Looks like sproles out there.

Something tells me Sanders was hurt or something. Either way I can see Scott being the sproles again in the offense and earning 6-8 touches. Today was fluky that the eagles realized the Giants can't cover anything on the boundaries- only up the gut runs. Kudos to coaches for exploiting

Sanders had to leave the game to be treated for cramping and dehydration issues.  He returned later but, Scott was running wild by then.

3 hours ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Howard potentially back next week could muddy the waters. 

The waters are quite clear Pederson believes in rbbc.😂

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:50 AM, Eastlawner said:

You all better believe I am picking this man up and playing him over John Brown for Week 15, semi final round. Standard 

Ok, I believe!!

Why not? It's been a bad year for scrap heap RB saviors. Ty Johnson wasn't it. Laird is whatever. Maybe Scott will be this years out of nowhere RB to win leagues for bold owners. 

i thought Standish was the explosive Iggles scat back ... and, in comparision to JoHo/Ajayi, well ... of course he is. 

but ol' Scotty here - he beams it up quute a few more notches, eh?  forget about "burst", this kid squirts thru slivers that most humans would be squashed in.

Scotty is quick, man ... he glides like Leon "X-Ray" McQuay out there - kid just ooooozes explosiveness 🤷‍♂️ he's easily planting his flag on the Sproles gig here, and Dougie will get the chap the foosball often.  early and often. 

like a slinky on crack/meth/4Loco/and that jetpack thingy the Jetsons portended.  there's a whhhooooooossshhhh trailing him on every touch -slow the highlight reel down to 1/100th speed and you might see it.  Nike blows. 

he quick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was going to type this ^^ but Mupp beat me to it.

Okay, not as artfully.  Not as artfully.

• Haha 2

So here are my thoughts as a Birds (not that it makes my opinion more accurate or relevant or anything, just FWIW):

Doug knows the desperation right now given the NFE East standings and that any loss ROS is essentially a death wish. Him relying on Boston Scott against the Giants wk14 was an indication of that. He’s not afraid to go with production over draft capital, status quo, etc etc.

BUT, Miles Sanders is a better running back in a vacuum. Boston Scott is easy to game plan for and part of the production in wk14 was the surprise factor there. Similar to how teams historically had to prepare for Shady/Ajayi/etc and Sproles would pop for a bunch of receptions.

I think this is clearly still Sanders’ backfield and he will have the chances to dominate wk15. If, and only if, Sanders continues to run into his own guys, miss holes, go down from a shoestring tackle, etc will Boston Scott become relevant. If the Birds are down early in this game and offense looks like ****, it wouldn’t surprise me at all for Boston to dominate second half touches.

TLDR: you’re banking on some things happening for Boston to be fantasy relevant. Basically for the Eagles to have a slow start (which is this team’s MO) and for Sanders to look mediocre to bad again (decently likely). But there will be some luck involved here for certain. I’m on the fence about starting him and will likely end up sitting him for someone like Conley/Scarbrough (if healthy).

• Like 1

Pedersen has always used Running backs by committee & there are only 3 guys left in the RB committee (but Ajayi looks washed up).  Sanders is likely keeping the lead RB role as long as Jordan Howard is out.  But with no healthy starting WR's left from the beginning/middle of the season, the passing game is going to flow more through the TE's (3 TE's last week were involved) and RBs.  Something similar happened when Green Bay lost Davante Adams to injury, much more of the load was carried by their RB's, including receiving work - both Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams shone during that time.  Boston had 6 catches last week and there's a good chance he'll have a substantial role because of all the other injuries.  Just Alshon going down is 10 targets a game to be spread around. There's some risk involved, but the Eagles are going to have to give all those targets to their playmakers they got left --  Boston looks like a playmaker to me.  He's built like Darwin Thompson of the Chiefs, short and incredibly strong for their size.  Fresh legs and explosive RB's shine this time of year when defenses are all worn down.

Last year, someone on the Derrick Henry thread said he was sitting Derrick Henry for the Jets Elijah McGuire in week 16.  I remember thinking what a (foolish? bold?) move.  I wouldnt have done it but couldn't fault his reasoning enough to say don't do it (PPR type league and McGuire was getting passing work, Packers defense against RB's was horrible last year).  Henry played great for real life football but didn't do as well as McGuire in fantasy.  Like I said earlier, there's some risk involved, but if he gets enough playing time, Boston's got a high ceiling this week against the Skins.      

Edited by rocket

I think if you’re starting ,you’re hoping to get the ppr for his role as the young Sproles type change up 

With Howard out this week and no indication that he’ll be back week 16, is it time to drop JHow [...]? Who knows, Miles could go down this week leaving Scott as a championship winner.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content.
  • Thanks 1

Anybody using him this week? Without Howard in the mix and all the WRs getting hurt I’m thinking he makes for a high upside flex especially in PPRs

Yup, jacobs out forces my hand. Should be decent for full ppr and with eagles having no wrs and a must win. Hopefully Dak can put up points and let him get some run. Starting with no confidence.

• Haha 1