4th and 9ers

Kevin Porter Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

For deeper leagues, KPJ could be someone to look out for. Mins are trending up, along with steals and points (with some rebounds and assists too); he could eventually be at least an end of bench guy.

Cleveland is often playing from behind and are rumored to be shopping Love and Thompson, so KPJ's playing time could increase quite soon. Not a league winner type by any means, but there may be some value.

This kids 3pt shot looks really good tonight, granted it’s the first time I tuned into a Cavs game. Anything to see here?

Thinking he could be a 2nd half stud with the steals/3s

Will only be more minutes on offer as the Cavs tank the rest of the season after Love leaves. 

Could be worth a flier in 14+ team leagues. 

Picked him up 

worth a stash on 12 man with 15 man roaster in competitive league 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, ThisIsSparta said:

What's up with these Porter Jr's? Are all of them related?! 😂

A bunch of Porter Sr’s be wildin!

Just picked him up in a 14t. He's a second half stash who already has a solid role and provides rosterable value with the Clarkson trade. A consistent 23-28 minutes shouldn't be out of the question considering he'll soak up some of his minutes playing at the 2, with more to come as Cleveland move their older pieces. I don't see Exum playing the same role Clarkson did.

Also, hoping he might start over Cedi at some point. Or maybe over Garland/Sexton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Just picked him up in a 14t. He's a second half stash who already has a solid role and provides rosterable value with the Clarkson trade. A consistent 23-28 minutes shouldn't be out of the question considering he'll soak up some of his minutes playing at the 2, with more to come as Cleveland move their older pieces. I don't see Exum playing the same role Clarkson did.

Also, hoping he might start over Cedi at some point. Or maybe over Garland/Sexton.

Garland and Sexton shouldn't  affect this guy. KPJ will play the SG position. 

Decent line today. Garbage time helped but he was set to close the game over Garland anyways, and was outplaying him the entire game. Hopefully he keeps this up and eventually gets a starting role.

Not the best game tonight in terms of efficiency but yeesh 17 shot attempts? I think he runs that bench unit now with clarkson out of the picture

21 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Hopefully second half of the season he starts for Osman. Kid has very good potential 

Agreed, has a higher ceiling. Already got more minutes than Osman the past two games.

Another possible path to starting: there's been talk of bringing Sexton off the bench (which makes sense). Garland is closer to a true PG that can make his teammates better, KPJ could move to the 2, and Sexton can be the scoring punch off the bench (source).

Either way, he's trending to get starters' minutes and plenty of FGAs, whether he starts or nots. I'm definitely intrigued to see how he improves over the season and what sort of stats he produces - he only played 22 mpg in one year at USC, so there are some unknowns there. As long as he doesn't wreck stats, I'm going to try to hang onto him to see how he progresses

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fuc826 said:

Any update about his knee?

The latest update is this: 
Kevin Porter Jr. has been diagnosed with a left knee sprain and will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

Probable for tomorrow, 4 games this week, could he be a gook pickup?

• Thanks 1