4th and 9ers

Kevin Porter Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, m1dday said:

I think he can get it in control eventually. TOs are usually a rookie problem but nothing to worry about with some more coaching and development. This is a guy who was projected as high as top 5 for the draft so I'd think he can only get better with growing opportunity. 

I don't care that much about turnovers to be honest. It's the rebounds/assists that feel a little dicey to me. But I guess this is one of those situations where you're kind of holding a mystery box. 

18 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I don't care that much about turnovers to be honest. It's the rebounds/assists that feel a little dicey to me. But I guess this is one of those situations where you're kind of holding a mystery box. 

I'm punting assists so it's fine - he's getting about 3 rebounds a game in limited minutes so I think he'll settle around 4, maybe 5. 

It's his steals that I like, getting a guy who can provide 3s, scoring and steals are valuable. He's almost getting a steal a game in limited minutes so maybe we can see him average about 1.4-1.5 with an added role.

But still a little one-dimensional. Hopefully the peripheral stats will come as his role grows. 

He was 52% FT% in college, 60% in preseason, and came into tonight at 75% in the regular season. So he is overperforming. 

(Tonight's wonderful performance dropped him to 71.4%.)

Good news is he hasn't gotten to the line much.

• Like 1

Wondering if the trade messed up his mind 

53 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Wondering if the trade messed up his mind 

The trade perfectly represents your avatar. It messed up everyone's mind.

8 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

What do you guys mean, how would the trade affect him

His only positive really was points and that figures to drop. 

2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

His only positive really was points and that figures to drop. 

You think hes a drop now? Drummond really going to affect him that much?

4 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

You think hes a drop now? Drummond really going to affect him that much?

Garland is coming around, Sexton is on fire, Drummond going to snag all the boards and get his points. Love is still there to jack up shots. Nance is their future franchise. Anything else????

21 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Nance is their future franchise. 

Umm...  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Garland is coming around, Sexton is on fire, Drummond going to snag all the boards and get his points. Love is still there to jack up shots. Nance is their future franchise. Anything else????

Nance is actually a year older than Drummond lol

41 minutes ago, orlgln said:

Sighs. One guy is signed until 2023 under a 4 year contract and the other one is a free agent (possibly) who you are hoping to re-sign. Age has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. They Cavaliers gave Larry a 4 year contract. 

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Sighs. One guy is signed until 2023 under a 4 year contract and the other one is a free agent (possibly) who you are hoping to re-sign. Age has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. They Cavaliers gave Larry a 4 year contract. 

I'm not sure what you mean by future franchise. Yes they signed him to a 4 year extension in 2018 because they think he's a quality role player. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, orlgln said:

I'm not sure what you mean by future franchise. Yes they signed him to a 4 year extension in 2018 because they think he's a quality role player. 

You know what you are right! Pick up Kevin Porter Jr. he will be unaffected.

I'm happy and not happy about the trade.  I stashed Wood and KPJ.  One was a hit, the other is a mild bust after the trade.

The question isn't whether KPJ is droppable in a vacuum.. It's whether he's the choice to drop if someone good is on the wire..   eg.  Lot's of buzz about Ky Bowman with literally ZERO PGs in GSW.  It's a question like that you should be asking when thinking about KPJ's value.  Because in a value, I don't think KPJ is a drop because it's worth seeing what he's got with this new look Cavs.  But still, it's a worry and you have to think about dropping him for the right player.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:18 PM, orlgln said:

What the hell, I thought the guy was 24 tops but he is 27

1 hour ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

I keep thinking about picking this kid up, but can't stomach that FT%

On very low volume. He rarely attempts free throws.

7 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

On very low volume. He rarely attempts free throws.

I've had enough of my solid shooters bricking free throws these last few weeks, I don't need to add anyone else to that list.