4th and 9ers

Kevin Porter Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

9 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

On very low volume. He rarely attempts free throws.

Nonsense.

Over the past 7 days he's averaging 40% FT on 3.3 attempts. That isn't "very low volume". Very low volume would be someone like Culver who in the same time span went to the line 1 time per game on 33%. 3.3 over a 4 game week comes out to 13 attempts, that can actually damage you quite a bit, especially since most bigs don't hit FTs well (and many wings as well).  

With larger minutes/role incoming, those FT attempts will stay higher than they did earlier in the year.

In the last 7 days he's a -3.60 on BBM in FT impact, Drummond is a -4.48, he's in some pretty terrible territory there.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Hopefully with the coaching chance he starts over Osman

If it's Bickerstaff coaching, I'd be worried. His rotations are the worst AND he doesn't like playing young guys when he was with the Grizzlies last year (see JJJ). Worst case scenario for everyone on the Cavs fantasy-wise

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, m1dday said:

If it's Bickerstaff coaching, I'd be worried. His rotations are the worst AND he doesn't like playing young guys when he was with the Grizzlies last year (see JJJ). Worst case scenario for everyone on the Cavs fantasy-wise

Looks like it will be him. Damn didn’t know that thanks for the heads up 

How JB keeps a job is an unsolved mystery. Dude always seems to find gigs where the head coach is suspect. 
Anyway I do hope he unleashes KPJ by some sort of front office mandate.

4 hours ago, Cozie said:

How JB keeps a job is an unsolved mystery. Dude always seems to find gigs where the head coach is suspect. 
Anyway I do hope he unleashes KPJ by some sort of front office mandate.

His dad Bernie is the Cavs Senior Advisor 🤔

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

His dad Bernie is the Cavs Senior Advisor 🤔

Oh snap 😮

Not sure whether this helps or hurts KPJ. JB is a pick and roll coach. (I went on about this in the Garland thread.)

JB should have a mandate to play the youth, but his style won't do KPJ any favors. Hoping JB has evolved.

Cavs coach J.B. Bickerstaff said on Thursday that Kevin Porter Jr. will be asked to both score and facilitate more for the remainder of the season.

With the Cavs well out of the playoff hunt, it makes sense that the team's younger players will have more opportunities to make plays with an eye towards the future. Porter, who was rostered in just 10 percent of Yahoo leagues as of Thursday, is a player that the coaching staff believes in and that will lead to more opportunities for him to make plays. The decision-making will need to improve, but Bickerstaff sounded like a head coach willing to give the rookie wing every opportunity to show what he's capable of doing. Pick Porter up now, whether or not he gets moved into the starting lineup.

Portermania has arrived LFG!

• Like 1

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Cavs coach J.B. Bickerstaff said on Thursday that Kevin Porter Jr. will be asked to both score and facilitate more for the remainder of the season.

With the Cavs well out of the playoff hunt, it makes sense that the team's younger players will have more opportunities to make plays with an eye towards the future. Porter, who was rostered in just 10 percent of Yahoo leagues as of Thursday, is a player that the coaching staff believes in and that will lead to more opportunities for him to make plays. The decision-making will need to improve, but Bickerstaff sounded like a head coach willing to give the rookie wing every opportunity to show what he's capable of doing. Pick Porter up now, whether or not he gets moved into the starting lineup.

Portermania has arrived LFG!

Im about to drop Eric Gordon for him right now. Still not sure though

Is he that good to consider in 10 team leagues? Hm if so im ready to drop horford for him lol 

He is still a flyer only... He has not proven anything. You take a gamble on the kid or you do not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

He is still a flyer only... He has not proven anything. You take a gamble on the kid or you do not.

He has proven a lot actually. Past month he is shooting 52% from the field, 48% from 3 with averages of 15 PPG, 3 boards, 2 dimes, 1.1 steals a game. Minutes are there and new coach is raving about him. I expect him to start soon over that bum osman and his numbers can only get better

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, radiohead said:

Will Garland’s role take a hit because of this development? The coach seems to like Porter a lot. 

Naw Garland was a high pick they will keep developing him. Osman takes the biggest hit and I can see Sexton playing off ball more

34 minutes ago, driss lol said:

i want to see pg eligibility on yahoo

He should've been had that SF tag too, let alone that. Smh.

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

He should've been had that SF tag too, let alone that. Smh.

It took covington 1 or 2 games to get a C tag lol. I dont get Yahoo sometimes.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

It took covington 1 or 2 games to get a C tag lol. I dont get Yahoo sometimes.

I peeped that. It was after 1 game. Lol they buggin.

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

JBickerstaff is a scrub coach, don't believe anything he says

We will find out real soon with b2b coming up.

If this kid goes off during the weekend, this thread will double from 4pgs to 8pgs. 

• Haha 3