4th and 9ers

Kevin Porter Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

On 2/23/2020 at 12:45 AM, JormaJormala said:

This kid Porter KILLING IT. Run, don´t walk... 🤪

How is he now? Kids a rookie be patient my friend 

42 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

what kind of upside does he have? he doesn't offer much stocks and FT is shaky?

is he mostly a pts 3s guy?

Pretty much, kinda falls in the same category as Poole, Lee, and Monk, but w/ slightly more upside due to draft stock and foundational piece going forward. I believe the Cavs want to see what he’s really capable of but Bickerstaff kinda dampens his outlook a bit. 

Sooooooo ????? 😆

Wouldya drop someone like Huerter, Nasty Naz or Monk for him ?

Can anybody explain how the promising young player last week turned into a foul-prone absolute disaster on the weekend with just 27 minutes of hot garbage, and then comes back against a strong Miami side and does this? 

Maybe i lack patience but those two inexplicable foul-prone low minute disasters saw me release him....oh, and yep, here he goes. Gnash!!

55 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Sooooooo ????? 😆

I drop OG 

34 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

Can anybody explain how the promising young player last week turned into a foul-prone absolute disaster on the weekend with just 27 minutes of hot garbage, and then comes back against a strong Miami side and does this? 

Maybe i lack patience but those two inexplicable foul-prone low minute disasters saw me release him....oh, and yep, here he goes. Gnash!!

Bro Porter rookie

11 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

How is he now? Kids a rookie be patient my friend 

Patient yes. In a way that will throw your season to wolves. Let us get back to it if he strings together 3-4 good games.

1 hour ago, Brimful of Upside said:

I read somewhere that the coach thought he was pressing too much, and trying too hard. After all he is a rookie. I’d imagine he’ll settle down. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

Sooooooo ????? 😆

i actually did drop Huerter for him. Outside of this past weekend, I like what see. Plus he has more upside than KH too. 

Just now, Cozie said:

i actually did drop Huerter for him. Outside of this past weekend, I like what see. Plus he has more upside than KH too. 

Does he ? 

Upside in points... But doesnt do much else...

10 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Does he ? 

I guess your league doesn't have a steals category then. He's also got some lower end value in 3s and assists, which can rise with more PT and ball handling responsibilities.

9 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Does he ? 

Last night was an outlier but I think he has a blank canvas going forward. We honestly don’t know what he’s truly capable of. He could be the Cavs best on ball player. With KH, we all know Trae dominates that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 4th and 9ers said:

I guess your league doesn't have a steals category then. He's also got some lower end value in 3s and assists, which can rise with more PT and ball handling responsibilities.

Sooo what was with low PT ? Hes obviously talented guy. . .. lower 30s going forward ? Is that realistic ?

Edited by Stefan

7 hours ago, Brimful of Upside said:

He got two techs and was tossed in that first garbage game

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Does he ? 

3 hours ago, Cozie said:

Last night was an outlier but I think he has a blank canvas going forward. We honestly don’t know what he’s truly capable of. He could be the Cavs best on ball player. With KH, we all know Trae dominates that.

He's been getting steals all year and has upside for 1.5 steals with more minutes.  Also his length will get him some blocks but not consistently.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

Sooo what was with low PT ? Hes obviously talented guy. . .. lower 30s going forward ? Is that realistic ?

He was injured not too long ago. I owned him before the injury and it wasn't bad. 

Huerter is second year and Porter rookie. KPJ has a pretty clear path to mins. RoS. Huerter has a in his path and on the nights that Trey has been hurt, he's often done nothing. We haven't even seen the Hawks with Capela so we don't know how that's going to look. Between the 2 I'd take KPJ because we haven't seen him his ceiling yet, unless of course the other night was it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope he can keep the minutes high.  If he plays 35 minutes a game (I know that's pretty high) he will produce enough in steals and some boards to offset his otherwise low per minute production.  Look at his 41 minute game!  LOL.  OK that's probably a lot over what he will do on average.  But if he can get 1.5 3s, 18 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 1.5 stl I'd be ecstatic

2 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I hope he can keep the minutes high.  If he plays 35 minutes a game (I know that's pretty high) he will produce enough in steals and some boards to offset his otherwise low per minute production.  Look at his 41 minute game!  LOL.  OK that's probably a lot over what he will do on average.  But if he can get 1.5 3s, 18 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 1.5 stl I'd be ecstatic

That would be basically Kelly Oubre. Top 50 for the rest of the year would be amazing but not likely.
But I think 16/4 with a steal and a 3 and you would still have a top 80-100 player as long as the %'s aren't horrible. 

Also got him, let's see if he can have a good run with all the minutes the coach is giving him.

17 minutes ago, snerpy said:

That would be basically Kelly Oubre. Top 50 for the rest of the year would be amazing but not likely.
But I think 16/4 with a steal and a 3 and you would still have a top 80-100 player as long as the %'s aren't horrible. 

Yeah that's true.  I'm happy with the 80-100 range. 

KPJ or Cam reddish???? both similar players with a lot of final season upside....Cam have better elegibility but....I am doubting....Opinions??

24 minutes ago, MITICOLOVER said:

KPJ or Cam reddish???? both similar players with a lot of final season upside....Cam have better elegibility but....I am doubting....Opinions??

Id go with Porter fosure

Much more room to operate... Cams got Hunter and Huerter to deal with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MITICOLOVER said:

Not even close IMO.  Actually dropped Reddish for him.  KPJs upside is far higher, and we're just seeing the shackles come off it seems.  I feel like we've seen the highs of Reddish for this season and they are gonna be fewer between.

Edit: Erm, I mean to say they will be less frequent.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1

re added him after dropping him on sunday lol. I got to believe JB is going to be true to his word instead of hyping him up then giving him trash minutes the game before.

• Like 1

never watched a game of him yet but anyone can tell me he can have potential on boards too? I am leaning on dropping either favors or hart for him😗

3 minutes ago, sasuke7201 said:

never watched a game of him yet but anyone can tell me he can have potential on boards too? I am leaning on dropping either favors or hart for him😗

• Like 1