Sign in to follow this  
tusb

Need an RB2 and a FLEX

It's fascinating to me to see to split among fantasy 'experts' on how they view Sony Michel this week.  I have seen some say that, due to his recent inefficiency and White's domination of backfield touches and the Patriots' general offensive malaise that Michel belongs nowhere near fantasy lineups this week.  I have seen others say that, due to the cake matchup, the heavily-favored nature of the game, and the goal-line upside, that Michel is a borderline must-start RB2.  (I tend to lean toward the former argument, but with a bunch of mediocre options I'm willing to listen to all sides..)

Standard scoring, Need an RB2 and a FLEX.  Options available: Michel, Hyde, DeAndre Washington, Hurns, Diontae Johnson, OJ Howard, Higbee, Ian Thomas

Here's how I'm inclined to rank them right now.  Please offer your thoughts.. (WHIR, of course)

1.  Washington (if Jacobs sits)

2.  Hurns (if Parker sits)

3.  Hyde

4.  Thomas (if Olsen sits)

5.  Higbee (if Everett sits)

6.  Howard

7.  Michel

8.  Johnson (if Ju-ju sits)

9-13.  Washington, Hurns, Thomas, Higbee, and Johnson if their corresponding time-share person plays.  Not particularly relevant, since according to my rankings my two necessary spots would be filled in a worst case by Hyde and Howard.

Would you make any adjustments to the above rankings?

Thanks.  WHIR (post link in reply).

Rankings look pretty good, man. I appreciate you taking so much time for the post. Hopefully Jacobs takes some time off and makes it easy on the RB spot.

Hurns didn’t practiced today with a couple issues and he hasn’t exactly been a picture of health or consistency. Dee Ford looked pretty nice last week and you know Fitzy likes to throw it. I think the TEs all probably have more upside than Hyde too, honestly. Houston been involving duke more and Hyde pretty TD dependent. 

Im definitely not starting Michel. No chance. Not worth it. 

15 hours ago, tusb said:

It's fascinating to me to see to split among fantasy 'experts' on how they view Sony Michel this week.  I have seen some say that, due to his recent inefficiency and White's domination of backfield touches and the Patriots' general offensive malaise that Michel belongs nowhere near fantasy lineups this week.  I have seen others say that, due to the cake matchup, the heavily-favored nature of the game, and the goal-line upside, that Michel is a borderline must-start RB2.  (I tend to lean toward the former argument, but with a bunch of mediocre options I'm willing to listen to all sides..)

Standard scoring, Need an RB2 and a FLEX.  Options available: Michel, Hyde, DeAndre Washington, Hurns, Diontae Johnson, OJ Howard, Higbee, Ian Thomas

Here's how I'm inclined to rank them right now.  Please offer your thoughts.. (WHIR, of course)

1.  Washington (if Jacobs sits)

2.  Hurns (if Parker sits)

3.  Hyde

4.  Thomas (if Olsen sits)

5.  Higbee (if Everett sits)

6.  Howard

7.  Michel

8.  Johnson (if Ju-ju sits)

9-13.  Washington, Hurns, Thomas, Higbee, and Johnson if their corresponding time-share person plays.  Not particularly relevant, since according to my rankings my two necessary spots would be filled in a worst case by Hyde and Howard.

Would you make any adjustments to the above rankings?

Thanks.  WHIR (post link in reply).

Washington is head and shoulders the best option available if Jacobs sits. However, it's looking a bit less likely that happens now. If Parker sits I'd roll with Hurns and Hyde. If Parker plays, then Parker and Hyde. 

Rules i follow..never play a NE or Mia- RB and concussions are 2 week minimum these days....

I take Hurns out 100% and bump Higbbe over Thaomas

Edited by CPD13

Your RB2 pickings are slim.  I hate Michel but I’d go him over Hyde.  If you wanted to get nuts, take a flier on Scott as he’ll be heavily involved in Philly and I bet he’s on waivers 

for flex, I’d go Higbee of those choices and it’s not that close.  

good luck!