Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Better stash in a very deep keeper? (WHIR)

12 team ppr. Already eliminated this season, and I don’t have a draft pick next year until the middle of round three, so I won’t get any of next years rookies.  Trying to pick a better potential stash between Josh Gordon and Ian Thomas.

WRs include the likes of Woods, Boyd, Metcalf, PrWilliams, Hollywood, AB and Gordon. TEs include Engram and Cook.  

Stashing someone now doesn’t guarantee I keep him next pre-season. Just a question of upside and better fit with my roster. 

Thoughts?  Leave your link!

I would probably roll the dice on Gordon.  I just don’t know much about where Ian Thomas stands in Carolinas’s future.

if the other names you mention are other stashes, DK would top my list

• Thanks 1

The other names are people I already have.  We keep a minimum of eight, more if you give back draft picks.  Being that I'm already without early picks, I'll probably just try to build my team next year through keepers and trades if I can find some.  For those on mobile, my roster:

QB- Rodgers,    Murray,    Lock

RB- Barkley,     Guice,      Mostert,    JHill

WR- Woods,  Boyd,  Metcalf,  MrqBrown,   Gordon                         

TE- Engram,   Cook

D- Patriots

IR- Kerryon,     PrWilliams                  Dumb#ss- ABrown

I don't play in any keeper leagues myself, so I don't know how useful my advice would be.  That having been said, of the two I think I actually have a slight preference for Ian Thomas.  With Greg Olsen nearing retirement, I think Thomas has a good chance to step into a useful role a produce immediately in Carolina.  As for Gordon, he doesn't have a big role in Seattle, so my guess is he moves on from there next year.  Who knows who he signs on with, or if he'll have a connection with a new QB, or if he'll stay out of trouble, or if he'll ever be able to return to his former level of production - he is getting a little older now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bandito said:

12 team ppr. Already eliminated this season, and I don’t have a draft pick next year until the middle of round three, so I won’t get any of next years rookies.  Trying to pick a better potential stash between Josh Gordon and Ian Thomas.

WRs include the likes of Woods, Boyd, Metcalf, PrWilliams, Hollywood, AB and Gordon. TEs include Engram and Cook.  

Stashing someone now doesn’t guarantee I keep him next pre-season. Just a question of upside and better fit with my roster. 

Thoughts?  Leave your link!

Yeah I'd roll with Gordon as well. Everyone knew he wouldn't have much impact this season since he was acquired midseason. However, with an offseason under his belt maybe he'll actually put effort towards learning the playbook and not being a lazy bum this time around. One guy can only get so many chances. He has too much upside over Thomas.

• Thanks 1

I actually think thomas is replaceable and in today’s NFL guys can go way past when we think they will retire, some TEs even come out of retirement! Gordon for that reason for me.

• Thanks 1

I say Thomas..Gordan has had one very good year...not great..good...and that was what 2013...I have never seen a guy with 0ne very good year ..6 years ago..be touted so much....no...not for me..Thomas should get a shot as Olsen ages..and has real talent....

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tusb said:

I don't play in any keeper leagues myself, so I don't know how useful my advice would be.  That having been said, of the two I think I actually have a slight preference for Ian Thomas.  With Greg Olsen nearing retirement, I think Thomas has a good chance to step into a useful role a produce immediately in Carolina.  As for Gordon, he doesn't have a big role in Seattle, so my guess is he moves on from there next year.  Who knows who he signs on with, or if he'll have a connection with a new QB, or if he'll stay out of trouble, or if he'll ever be able to return to his former level of production - he is getting a little older now.

I agree with this. 

• Thanks 1

With Lockett and Dk Metcalf as WR's in Seattle and also Hollister I see Gordon as a 3rd or maybe even 4th option there. Ian Thomas could be the top TE in Carolina next season and has done fantastic when Olsen has been out this season. I'd go with Thomas as a stash.

Edited by ToeDragSwag
  • Thanks 1