Sign in to follow this  
CamNewton

WHIR: Lev Bell, D. Parker, A.J. Brown, or Laird? (Full PPR)

So I'm stuck deciding whether to go ahead and play Bell on Thursday night, or hold out and hope DeVante Parker plays. If Parker misses, my top two options would be one of A.J. Brown or Patrick Laird at flex in a Full PPR league. What should I do?

I also don't know if I should play Bell, he will be the workhorse in the Jets backfield but it's a tough matchup against the Ravens.

I would sit Bell today, hoping for Parker, otherwise Brown.

Good Luck.

Edited by pgsaller
  • Thanks 1

tough because I could envision tons of dump offs to bell in a game that could get ugly early, but at the same time the floor is pretty low. 

Parker is obviously the better play but like you said it’s a waiting game. Your backup options thou aren’t bad, if no Devante could spell a lot more passing work for laird who has thus far shown a pretty safe floor. 

I would probably bench bell for the other options. 

• Thanks 1

I dont know how u guys are holding out any hope for Parker..concussions this year have ALL been 2 week minimum....

Anyway...I say Brown and take the upside.....but if u 100% Need floor.. Bell

• Thanks 1

I’m usually a “roll with your studs” guy in the fantasy playoffs so it would be tough usually to sit bell.

that said, I usually avoid Thursday night games and the ravens d if I can + you do have good options in place of him.  If it were me I’d probably sit him and roll the dice on Parker or Brown (both in great matchups) and just deal with being pissed if bell does well

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CamNewton said:

So I'm stuck deciding whether to go ahead and play Bell on Thursday night, or hold out and hope DeVante Parker plays. If Parker misses, my top two options would be one of A.J. Brown or Patrick Laird at flex in a Full PPR league. What should I do?

i think you take the 12-15 pt floor leveon offers tonight and just hope for a TD...

see mine please http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/791481-higbee-or-andrews-at-tewhir-10043/

• Thanks 1

Leveon’s situation stinks but Powell is nicked up so he does have the higher floor. I would roll with AJ if you need a higher ceiling

• Thanks 1

Brown easily having a great season, Bell sits tonight he only cares about bowling & will join the PBA tour in 2020

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I would sit Bell against the Ravens. Go with Aj Brown.

This.

I am a Bell owner, and I am NOT playing him. I do have Singletary and Mostert though, so that makes it easier....but Gase has been a coaching nightmare and Darnold hates checking it down to him. The messed up part is that if Gase didn't get in his own way and if Darnold made the smart read, Bell could actually have a good game. And it totally wouldn't surprise me if he does after everyone agrees to sit him. But there's a lot of risk there.

This year, he's like the Wil Fuller of running backs. Boom or bust.

• Thanks 1

Super tough; I have the same dilemma. I don't really think Parker plays; as mentioned above these days its very hard to turn around a concussion that fast. Brown is the definition of boom-or-bust, though trending in the right direction. If you think your opponent is favored overall then I think brown is a no-brainer over Bell. The tough spot (the one I'm in, probably you too) is what to do if you feel pretty solid and just don't want to blow it. I think Bell's floor is still pretty good at around 10 PPR points; but you could make the case that Laird's floor is not much lower if you'd like to hold out hope for Parker. 

Thanks for mine

• Thanks 1

Hard choice, you're team is stacked and I think having bell in there can't hurt. Hopefully worse he does is low double digits but his ceiling can be high double digits. Also everyone's going to want to be the team to beat the Ravens so I don't think Jet's will just roll over, I think he will try pretty hard to beat them

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your help on my thread!

I think Parker is the top option here, I'd pass on bell for A J Brown given how well tanny and Tennessee is playing right now. Parker update doesn't seem promising he starts which sucks..

• Thanks 1

I have bell too and dont know what to do haha. Torn between playing him and mostert in my flex, playing him and putting kirk or some wr in my flex, or benching bell for mostert and some wr. Would love the help!

• Thanks 1

Laird would be my play.  He is a solid PPR start. High floor.

If you need a KO blow , AJ is the play. High ceiling

At this point I would go with Laird.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the help, man.

Sorry it's a bit late - I'm a nurse and just got back home from my shift. If you went Le'Veon then good luck *although not too much, because I have the Ravens in one of my sem-finals).

If you didn't then it does somewhat depend upon your need. I'd be perfectly happy rolling with Parker if he's active - that would mean he'd passed the protocol so he shouldn't be limited. If he's out that gives Laird a boost. However, I think that this might be the perfect YOLO moment to roll AJ Brown out. My vote is going to be for him.

Sorry for the late response. Bell would have been my first choice, with Brown as second choice. 

Thanks for mine!

Sorry for the late reply.  If you didn't play Bell, in PPR I actually prefer Laird to Brown, especially if Parker sits.  Laird is a good pass-catcher, and neither team in that game plays good defense, so I see that game as a shootout.

I think Brown will have a good game too, but he is boom/bust with limited targets, so especially in PPR I think Laird is safer.