Sign in to follow this  
OShag

Crazy to keep Lamar?

We get 3 keepers for next year. With the way QBs are looked at in fantasy, would it be crazy to use one of my keepers on him? 

12 team PPR

I have these guys to choose from:

Lamar

Zeke

Chubb

Godwin

OBJ

Kelce

Jacobs

Green

Any help would be appreciated!

When do you have to decide? In my keeper/dynasty league we have pretty much right up until the draft. So it makes decisions more clear when the off-season shakes things up. For me, it would be a toss up between Jackson, Elliot, Chubb, and Godwin. 

11 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

When do you have to decide? In my keeper/dynasty league we have pretty much right up until the draft. So it makes decisions more clear when the off-season shakes things up. For me, it would be a toss up between Jackson, Elliot, Chubb, and Godwin. 

We can wait up until the draft but with how Lamar has been playing I wanted to see if he was worth considering in a 12 team keeper league or if QBs shouldn’t be kept 

Right...it's a tough one for sure, you have a lot of good players to let go of. It might be a good idea to hold on to the RB's and WR's instead. But like I mentioned, some things could change in the off season (like Kareem Hunt going to a different team making Chubb more valuable). I also don't think you can expect Lamar to keep his rushing totals up. Too much wear and tear. 

Are there any stipulations, since this is a keeper (vs. a dynasty)... is there a certain round value tied to keeping your listed players etc?

1 minute ago, UMFLADFWM said:

Are there any stipulations, since this is a keeper (vs. a dynasty)... is there a certain round value tied to keeping your listed players etc?

No stipulations, we get to keep 3 players and they count as our top 3 picks. Then the draft starts in round 4. 

3 minutes ago, OShag said:

No stipulations, we get to keep 3 players and they count as our top 3 picks. Then the draft starts in round 4. 

Would you know the keepers designated by other teams... before you make your keeper picks?

If so, could give you an idea of what the QB market would look like starting round 4.

Edited by UMFLADFWM

12 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Right...it's a tough one for sure, you have a lot of good players to let go of. It might be a good idea to hold on to the RB's and WR's instead. But like I mentioned, some things could change in the off season (like Kareem Hunt going to a different team making Chubb more valuable). I also don't think you can expect Lamar to keep his rushing totals up. Too much wear and tear. 

I was thinking the same way, thanks! 

Zeke Godwin and Lamar for me. I think Zeke and Lamar are a lock unless something catastrophic happens to either of them. I'd tilt between Godwin and Kelce but I personally like gambling on Tight ends in later rounds. Darren Waller for example.

FWIW... below are some overall dynasty PPR rankings (and overall position rank)...

Lamar: 33 (QB2)
Zeke: 5 (RB4)
Chubb: 11 (RB6)
Godwin: 16 (WR10)
OBJ: 13 (WR7)
Kelce: 31 (TE2)
Jacobs: 20 (RB10)
Green: 74 (WR35)

Is it possible you could trade players in the offseason? Perhaps you could package some of your players since you have tons of top tier guys for someone like cmc