TheNewYorkSpartans

$100 - 16 Team - Re-Draft

Major League Fantasy Baseball

(MLFB 2020)

Please Read all the following league by-laws, if you feel this league is for you/what you are looking for, my contact information will be found at the end. Payments through league safe will be due upon entry.

Number of teams: 16

Number of post season teams: 8

Entry fee: $100 per person (through league safe)

Hosting Website: Fantrax

League Type: Re-Draft

League Format: 2 conferences with 2 divisions per conference (4 total conferences)

League Description:

The MLFB is a re-draft fantasy baseball league designed to create the “realest” baseball GM/Coach experience possible. It is a 16-man league comprised of (4) – (4) team divisions within (2) – (8) team conferences, The American League and The National League (2 divisions per conference). Your objective is simple, build the best team possible (in the role as a GM) and set the highest scoring lineup possible (in the role as a coach) week in and week out. Considering the format of this league it will feel like a nonstop race for prizes. 50% of the league makes the playoffs and wins prizes, the deeper into the playoffs you make it, the greater the prizes you win!

Draft:

The draft order will be randomized, conducted in a snake pattern, and will be held over several days/weeks and will be conducted as a “slow draft” giving each team ample time to make well thought out and calculated decisions, including participating in trades during the draft. In a 16-man league like this everyone has a varying schedule, a slow draft will allow people to set draft ques, turn on/off auto draft when needed, and check casually throughout the day. Teams will be notified via email when they are on deck to pick and picking and then will receive 3 hours’ time to make their pick. If a player does not make 5 consecutive picks in a row (meaning a minimum of 15 hours total…..) they will have “auto draft” turned on until they manually turn it off. Auto draft will always select your #1 queued player, so teams should regularly be setting a que to ensure they draft the players they want. Drafting will occur daily from 9am to 11pm until the 40-man draft is completed. You can auto-draft if that is what you chose to do, although obviously I would not recommend it.

Roster:

Your roster will be formatted as follows:

Starters (10 min – 12 max):

(1) – Catcher (7 starts per week / 1 per day)

(1) – 1st basemen (7 starts per week / 1 per day)

(1) – 2nd basemen (7 starts per week / 1 per day)

(1) – Short Stop (7 starts per week / 1 per day)

(1) – 3rd basemen (7 starts per week / 1 per day)

(3) – Outfielders (21 starts per week / 3 per day)

(1) – Utility (i.e. any batter you want) (7 starts per week / 1 per day)

(5) – Starting Pitchers (5 starts per week)

(2) – Relief Pitchers (7 starts per week / 1 per day)

(note you are not required to start any relief pitchers, all other positions require a daily starter)

In addition your team will have 25 reserve slots and 3 minor league slots. This allows you to carry up to 25 additional backups, subs, and role players. Depth will be very important in this league as injuries, illnesses, and hot and cold streaks are inevitable. In addition to your reserve slots you will be awarded with 3 minor league slots in which you can draft/pick up/carry up to 3 minor league prospects at a time, waiting to reap the reward once they are called up the big leagues. In total your team can legally carry up to 40 players at a time.

Each team will be given a set # of starts per position per match-up, it has been designed this way to create as even of a playing field as possible. As stated, this league is designed to test your abilities as a GM AND COACH, therefor you must not only draft, trade, and sign/drop players in an intelligent manner but must also chose your match-ups carefully throughout the week in order to maximize your # of points scored.

Regular Season:

The MLFB is formatted with (2)-8-man conferences (AL / NL) with (2)- 4 team divisions per conferences (American League 1), (American League 2), (National League 1), and (National League 2). The winner of each division will secure a playoff spot in addition to 2 wild card teams per division. The 2 wild card teams per division will be the 2 teams with the best record who did not win a division; this would mean (technically) 3 teams from 1 division can make the playoffs. Each regular season matchup will be 1 week in length.

Post Season:

The post season will be conducted the same as the MLB post season, you must go through your conference to make the championship game. The 1 and 4 seed within each division will verse as well as the 2 and 3 seeds. The winner of each contest will then continue to the conference championship. The winner of each conference championship will then verse in the league championship game. Each playoff matchup will be a 2 weeklong matchup; this helps to ensure that the best team/coach/GM wins.

Trades:

Trading is allowed throughout a majority of the season, however whether or not a trade is processed will be left up to a league vote. If any trade receives a majority (51%) vote opposed to it, the trade will not go through. All trades will include a 5-day voting period. Veto votes are anonymous. Note a trade should only be voted against if it is in clear detriment to the league, (i.e. Mike trout for Angel Pagan is a trade I would expect to be vetoed) the veto system is in place to maintain the integrity of the league.

League communication:

League communication will be conducted through the league page (on fantrax) and via email. I will always send out a league email if anything important comes up as well as reminders of upcoming important dates and deadlines. In addition all of this information will be posted clearly on the league page. There is a league chat on the league page in which members can engage in (casual) trash talk/conversation and email can/will be used to facilitate and discuss trades with one another (so I would have a specific fantasy email set up for all of this).

League Format:

All teams will be required to choose a team name in the following format……

“Location – Team Name”

Examples:

“Pittsburgh Predators”

“Mississippi Melonheads”

“New York Spartans”

You can choose ANY location, state, county, city, hometown, whatever (real or fictional) and any team name but it must be formatted correctly. (I.e capitalize The N and Y in “New York” and the S in “Spartans”. In addition team MUST include a team icon, logo and or mascot. Although this may seem specific/anal this really helps give the league a good, professional, realistic, competitive feel to it. You are still entitled to your creativity/freedom, but you must follow that format.

Payout Structure:

All payouts are subject to a small subtraction due to “league safes” user fee(s)

League pot = $1600

Division Winner(s) - $100 each = $400 total

Wild Card Winner(s) - $50 each = $200 total

Playoff Round (1) Winner(s) - $75 = $300 total

Conference Championship Winner(s) - $150 = $300 total

Championship Winner - $300

AL – CY Young Winner (Top Scoring Pitcher in AL) - $25

NL – CY Young Winner (Top Scoring Pitcher in NL) - $25

AL – MVP (Top Scoring Position Player in AL) - $25

NL – MVP (Top Scoring Position Player in NL) - $25

As you can see the payouts are distributed very widely and give you a multitude of ways to get in on the winnings, including CY Young and MVP awards! By winning out your division (i.e beating out 3 other teams) you win your money back! Wild card winners win half of their money back! Then comes the real fun, the playoffs, in which teams are now playing with house money! As you progress through the playoffs you add to your winnings. Any championship winner would get (at least) $575 and a (max) of $675, if they won their division and owned the CY young and MVP winner of their conference.

Scoring:

The scoring system of the MLFB may be more in depth than what you are used to. The scoring system design of this league is designed to best reflect a player’s overall abilities. Position players will receive points for the usual aspects such as hits, walks, hit by pitch, stolen bases, runs, and RBIs however they will also receive points for sack flies, sack hits, turning a double play, recording a fielding assist, put outs, etc. In addition to loosing points when caught stealing, striking out, committing an error, passed ball, striking out looking, etc. The scoring is more in depth and better reflects a player’s overall abilities/impact (as an offensive AND defensive player) as compared to the typical “standard” scoring. In addition pitchers do not receive points for a win or lose, rather the most important stat a pitcher can record is a “QS” or “quality start.” For too long great pitchers have had their fantasy impact lowered by being on a bad real life team, perhaps pitching 8 innings while only allowing 1 run yet receiving a loss or pitching 6 innings allowing 7 runs yet receiving a win, but not anymore. With the MLFB scoring system in place pitchers will be awarded points based on their real-life abilities, not given bonuses/penalized for being on a great team or terrible team.

Position Player Scoring:

Walk – 1

Hit by Pitch – +1

Single –  +1

Double –  +2

Triple –  +3

HR –  +4

RBI –  +1

R –  +1

SB –  +2

Caught Stealing –   -1

Picked off –   -1

Sack hit/fly –  +0.5

K (looking) –   -1

K (swinging) -   -0.5

Grounded into Double Play =   -0.5

Error -   -1

Assist –  +0.5

Assist by Outfielder –  +0.5

Put Out –  +0.5

Double Play Fielded –  +0.5

Pitchers:

Assist –  +0.5

Put Out –  +0.5

Double Play Fielded –  +0.5

Error -   -1

IP –  +3 (1 point per 0.33 inning)

K –  +1

BB –   -1

ER –   -1

Hit –   -1

Quality Start –  +10

Hold –  +3

Inherited Runners Stranded –  +1

Save –  +7

Blown Save –   -5

If you are a serious fantasy player/baseball fan and feel this in-depth/highly competitive league is what you are looking for please email me at “ TheNewYorkSpartans1997@gmail.com “ with your “request/application.” Tell me a little about you, why you feel this league is for you, etc. just reassure me that you are a serious player who wants in! I am only interested in recruiting serious players who plan to check/participate on a regular basis! Please do not join just to “try it out,” the goal is to have a very active and competitive league!

League Safe Link: https://leaguesafe.com/join/3922607

$100 payment due upon entry, first come first served

After payment is received league safe will automatically send you the link required to join the league.

If you are a serious fantasy player/baseball fan and feel this in-depth/highly competitive league is what you are looking for please email me at “ TheNewYorkSpartans1997@gmail.com “ with your “request/application.” Tell me a little about you, why you feel this league is for you, etc. just reassure me that you are a serious player who wants in! I am only interested in recruiting serious players who plan to check/participate on a regular basis! Please do not join just to “try it out,” the goal is to have a very active and competitive league!

League Safe Link: https://leaguesafe.com/join/3922607

$100 payment due upon entry, first come first served

After payment is received league safe will automatically send you the link required to join the league.

• Like 1