Sign in to follow this  
tusb

Whittling down my FLEX decision

Standard scoring.

I have DeAndre Washington and Tyler Higbee as potential FLEXes, and Hunter Henry is currently my starting TE.  All play at 4pm EST.

Everett is out.  Jacobs is trending toward being active.  If that continues, Higbee is pretty much the no-brainer FLEX.

If Jacobs is inactive, though, suddenly I have an interesting decision.  Washington becomes the no-brainer start, BUT, it's not obvious who to start between Henry and Higbee.

Henry has been solid all year, but targets have dropped of late.  He saved his day last week with a TD, but the Vikings have given up only 1 TE-TD all year.  Henry probably gives a decent floor of 4-40-0, but not as much TD-upside as usual.

Higbee has exploded while Everett has been out, but both of those were to TE-friendly defenses.  DAL is more mid-pack than TE-friendly, and Goff is not nearly as good on the road against generally good defenses.

FWIW, I was already a slight underdog in my matchup, and Tucker really let me down last night, so now I'm chasing upside.  My gut tells me that Higbee has more upside than Henry, but more risk.  BUT, I also can wait until the outcome of the early games to make this decision (and if Jacobs is active, the decision becomes moot.)

So which would you start (Henry or Higbee) if you needed a safe floor, and which if you needed more upside?

WHIR, post a link.  Thanks in advance.

I see Goff having to go short game vs DAL, so I like Higbee at TE, then if Jacobs plays, go Henry at flex or even Washington, as 1 hit may knock Jacobs out of the game. GL!

• Thanks 1

On that Higbee train right now. Not a big fan of trusting most Chargers especially against a tough defense during fantasy playoffs. 

• Thanks 1