Bigrosco

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

1 hour ago, Sidearmer said:

Anyone see pro leagues on Yahoo yet? Would have figured they'd be out by now. Still don't see them.

look up 2 posts from your post

Edited by Ray Zorback
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I am with ya but his rotation spot isn't guaranteed.

also, how many innings are they going to let him pitch?

non of the auction mocks on yahoo are realistic even with no bots. most people leave halfway through after spending their entire budget on half of a team really screwing up the prices of the mid/low tier players. if people got the time/want to we can get a more realistic and competitive mock. post the lobby on here and time maybe we can get something going. as of know yahoo mocks are pointless and a waste of time.

5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

non of the auction mocks on yahoo are realistic even with no bots. most people leave halfway through after spending their entire budget on half of a team really screwing up the prices of the mid/low tier players. if people got the time/want to we can get a more realistic and competitive mock. post the lobby on here and time maybe we can get something going. as of know yahoo mocks are pointless and a waste of time.

They are but just scanning the "average price" column gives a pretty good idea of what the community is doing

Hey guys I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this question but I was wondering if someone could help me. I am playing fantasy baseball for the first time in ten years and have a question about ESPN default settings for roto leagues. When I used to play in Yahoo roto leagues there used to be a limit for the season of 1,250 innings for pitchers. I just recently joined an ESPN roto league but I do not see a pitchers' innings limit in the league settings. All I see is something that says pitchers have a maximum of 200 games started. Does that mean there is no innings limit? Does a relief pitcher's appearance count as a game started?

Can someone please explain this to me?

For CBS fantasy players I was told another week or two before you can join leagues.

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

An auction draft takes over 2/3  hours to complete I sure wouldn’t want to waste my time. 

24 minutes ago, Atomicdogg97 said:

Hey guys I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this question but I was wondering if someone could help me. I am playing fantasy baseball for the first time in ten years and have a question about ESPN default settings for roto leagues. When I used to play in Yahoo roto leagues there used to be a limit for the season of 1,250 innings for pitchers. I just recently joined an ESPN roto league but I do not see a pitchers' innings limit in the league settings. All I see is something that says pitchers have a maximum of 200 games started. Does that mean there is no innings limit? Does a relief pitcher's appearance count as a game started?

You are correct ESPN does not use innings, unless you join a private and the LM implements that setting. If that relief pitcher starts the game then YES it counts. 

11 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

super delayed this year

No doubt, I remember last year leagues were holding drafts the last week of February. Not a big deal, but I wonder why.

1 hour ago, Atomicdogg97 said:

Condolences.  ESPN, according to people who have played on it for years, has gone down hill after a so called "update" that the people playing on it seem to hate as in making the site worse.  Meanwhile Yahoo is under new management and is getting better.  Also on Yahoo the number of innings is adjustable depending on which private league you play in.  In mine it is 1500 innings.

49 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Condolences.  ESPN, according to people who have played on it for years, has gone down hill after a so called "update" that the people playing on it seem to hate as in making the site worse.  Meanwhile Yahoo is under new management and is getting better.  Also on Yahoo the number of innings is adjustable depending on which private league you play in.  In mine it is 1500 innings.

Yahoo is the same. Its no better than it wss 5 years ago. Only site that has handled Ohtani wrong, hasnt fixed your NA problem, FAAB process is limited, keeper leagues have to use external.resources to keep track of players. Its pretty and easy to use but fails on so many levels. Needs to be more customizable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Is Yahoo ever gonna let us see our teams pre-draft for keeper leagues on the app?

That’s the least of the worries. Yahoo should allow us to offer predraft trades like ESPN does

14 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Yahoo is the same. Its no better than it wss 5 years ago. Only site that has handled Ohtani wrong, hasnt fixed your NA problem, FAAB process is limited, keeper leagues have to use external.resources to keep track of players. Its pretty and easy to use but fails on so many levels. Needs to be more customizable.

The way he sprouts off, Yahooooo is flawless. Has he ever used a different platform? 

29 minutes ago, DaGreatest said:

That’s the least of the worries. Yahoo should allow us to offer predraft trades like ESPN does

At least there is a workaround for it as a simple email.

2 hours ago, DaGreatest said:

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

At least there is a workaround for it as a simple email.

Yeah.  In my private leagues you just post the trade on the message board and the commish moves the players around right away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah.  In my private leagues you just post the trade on the message board and the commish moves the players around right away.

Yeah I do that as well being commish in my leagues. It just seems like people take longer to respond to emails than they do with real offers lol.

2 minutes ago, DaGreatest said:

Yeah I do that as well being commish in my leagues. It just seems like people take longer to respond to emails than they do with real offers lol.

Ah, okay.  All our negotiation deals get done on Yahoo sports app messenger these days.  Then the two owners post the trade on the Trades thread on the message board to make it official.  Been a couple of years since I traded with anyone pre-season or otherwise via email I think.

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else is having trouble finding Yahoo-commissioned fantasy baseball cash leagues to join. I’m seeing free and private Yahoo “custom” leagues to join, but have always preferred Yahoo-run cash leagues. Have they stopped them this season? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edited by Corkykab

Apologies but I’m brand new to Rotoworld Forums and have only been playing Yahoo fantasy baseball pro leagues for a couple of years. Yahoo has already opened its free and custom leagues, will they eventually be commissioning pro cash leagues as well? I didn’t know they delayed their own cash leagues since I used to only play free leagues, I’m just hoping they haven’t stopped offering cash leagues. And thanks to Big Bat for guiding me here...👍

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 9:51 AM, duke of queens said:

Is Yahoo ever gonna let us see our teams pre-draft for keeper leagues on the app?

It's a pain on your phone, but click your fantasy profile, switch your phone browser to "desktop site"(idk what the apple equivalent is, but get off mobile view), click baseball, history, click on your last year's league. You can see end of year rosters and draft results.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Ah, okay.  All our negotiation deals get done on Yahoo sports app messenger these days.  Then the two owners post the trade on the Trades thread on the message board to make it official.  Been a couple of years since I traded with anyone pre-season or otherwise via email I think.

I'm a yahoo fantasy supporter, but the app is no bueno for everything except drafting. I use the website on my phone for everything.

Edited by Bigfische

5 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

It's a pain on your phone, but click your fantasy profile, switch your phone browser to "desktop site"(idk what the apple equivalent is, but get off mobile view), click baseball, history, click on your last year's league. You can see end of year rosters and draft results.

Right, but that's not the app. I have a bookmark for the desktop site. Really annoying having to have to zoom in and out to look at things. 

39 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

I'm a yahoo fantasy supporter, but the app is no bueno for everything except drafting. I use the website on my phone for everything.

I use the app all the time for the messenger texting in all my leagues.  Both for all league-wide chats and individual one-on-one stuff.  All trades are usually discussed that way.  Also for off line draft picks during the mini-redraft if not near my laptop.  During the season for daily line-up changes on the fly.  But why would I not use my laptop otherwise?  To me the phone app is basically a back-up when you are on the move and aren't near your computer or are too lazy to get up and cross the room to it when someone texts you.  So the Yahoo phone sports app is just fine for my needs.