Bigrosco

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, Ray Zorback said:

It is a problem. They decided not to deal with it. They have had over 3 years to fix, patch, re-build, whatever...They took the easy way out instead of improving their product.

Once they decided to split him into two players, they can't go back on their decision...  In keeper leagues, how would you decide who gets the player if they combine him back into one...

You might think it is a problem, and some others probably do as well, but it really isn't...  If you don't like the decision, move to a different free platform, it is as easy as that...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Once they decided to split him into two players, they can't go back on their decision...  In keeper leagues, how would you decide who gets the player if they combine him back into one...

Sure they can.  In any dynasty or keeper league these leagues already have made their rules about this the first year Ohtani was available on Yahoo.  Like one option was whoever took him as pitcher gets fulls rights to him if he is made one player again and anyone can draft and use the hitter but knows full well they don't own him any longer if Yahoo ever corrects the problem.  Or another option was whoever drafts either version FIRST has rights down the years to the complete player.  Or another was whoever drafts one version then most also accept the second half on their roster and as well and carry both always or lose rights to same.  Same goes for McKay etc. 

That's the beauty of dynasty and keeper leagues.  You set your own rules for things like this league by league.

8 hours ago, posty said:

You might think it is a problem, and some others probably do as well, but it really isn't...  If you don't like the decision, move to a different free platform, it is as easy as that...

no it is a problem. You may not think it is, but it is. He is not 2 people, he is one person and of course they can go back. That’s ridiculous. 

• Like 4

no more all rp teams. so 2 or 3 teams not punting sp increase sp value. sucks not seeing people reach for those closers in rds 3-5. something to remember on yahoo with the innings limit up from 7 per week in h2h.

Edited by colepenhagen

6 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

no more all rp teams. so 2 or 3 teams not punting sp increase sp value. sucks not seeing people reach for those closers in rds 3-5. something to remember on yahoo with the innings limit up from 7 per week in h2h.

Still in play for Roto leagues with no minimum.

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

It is still possible with a 20 inning minimum but agree that it will not be popular like it was before.

Are there any posts or threads addressing the default rankings on ESPN and Yahoo and where players who are ranked too high or too low?  

Is there anyone who has recently made the switch from ESPN to Fantrax? It seems like there are quite a bit more free features available on Fantrax, but I'm curious: Are there any features that ESPN has that Fantrax does not? 

My main league is considering moving to Fantrax after 15 years on ESPN. The problem is that no one has played Fantrax before, so I'm hoping to get some people's thoughts before moving everything, and then discovering that we've lost some key functionality. 

4 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Looks like they haven't added any new features this year

I haven't even checked yet. I do know I can't play in any prize leagues since I live in California.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:55 PM, Rabbit Maranville said:

Is there anyone who has recently made the switch from ESPN to Fantrax? It seems like there are quite a bit more free features available on Fantrax, but I'm curious: Are there any features that ESPN has that Fantrax does not? 

My main league is considering moving to Fantrax after 15 years on ESPN. The problem is that no one has played Fantrax before, so I'm hoping to get some people's thoughts before moving everything, and then discovering that we've lost some key functionality. 

Fantrax all the way. You can do anything on Fantrax. Plus you dont have to deal with waiting for injury statuses on players. Don’t have to deal with crazy eligibilities and waiting for new eligibilities. Fantrax is always prompt on these two important subjects unlike ESPN or Yahoo. Also, Call-ups are immediately available in player pool the day they are called if they aren’t already in. Players owned %’s are much more accurate on where they should be when playing on Fantrax. If a player is owned in 15% of ESPN or Yahoo he’s usually owned in %45 of Fantrax leagues. Usually %30 higher. In other words the more competitive leagues have already jumped to Fantrax. On Fantrax front fantasy page you will find a breakdown comparison against the other sites. In that comparison Fantrax offers everything the other sites offer plus a boat load of additional options. Bottom line everything runs smooth. Well worth the switch. 
heck I bet if you wanted to you could split Ohtani into five players. Lol. Or keep as one or two lol. 
One thing you won’t be able to do is pick up K.GriffeyJr. out of the player pool(FA list) like you can still do on ESPN and Yahoo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In my Yahoo league, we are limited to 3 pick ups per week.  Once Monday @ 2:30am happens, your pickup # resets.  So this leads to guys waking up at 2:30am to get the best pickups available.  How do we prevent that?

4 minutes ago, ChiSox1390 said:

In my Yahoo league, we are limited to 3 pick ups per week.  Once Monday @ 2:30am happens, your pickup # resets.  So this leads to guys waking up at 2:30am to get the best pickups available.  How do we prevent that?

Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Waiver Mode: Continuous
Waiver Processing Days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Waiver Mode: Continuous
Waiver Processing Days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday

So after waivers are processed every day, are we free to pick up players until the games start?  Once the games start, players gets locked until waivers are processed again?

Thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, ChiSox1390 said:

So after waivers are processed every day, are we free to pick up players until the games start?  Once the games start, players gets locked until waivers are processed again?

Thanks for the help!

No once waivers are processed everyone goes back on waivers. The players who were dropped that day go on waivers for 2 days and everyone else is available again on FAAB.

All free agent acquisitions are made via FAAB. If you put in claims on Sunday and 1 or more is successful it will go through shortly after 2 am my time (midnight pacific I think) and will be available for you Monday and it will count as a move(s) for the brand new week. $0 Bids are allowed. If you do the claim on a Saturday it would take affect for Sunday and you would have to be below your weekly moves limit as it is the last day it counts for that week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox1390 said:

Unlimited waivers... 

Let me manage my team... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Unlimited waivers... 

Let me manage my team... 

This, I don't do leagues that limit moves and punish active mangers

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 3:13 PM, ChiSox1390 said:

You are in a private league and the commish has limited your moves.  The Yahoo default in H2H is 6 or 7 moves a week.  Forget which.

22 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

This, I don't do leagues that limit moves and punish active mangers

Play roto.  There is no limit to moves at all.  But they prevent an absurd situation with limiting the total of innings pitched in a season to a reasonable amount.  In private leagues the number can be manually adjusted up or down.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You are in a private league and the commish has limited your moves.  The Yahoo default in H2H is 6 or 7 moves a week.  Forget which.

Play roto.  There is no limit to moves at all.  But they prevent an absurd situation with limiting the total of innings pitched in a season to a reasonable amount.  In private leagues the number can be manually adjusted up or down.

It was 6 last year, I have played roto before...Problem is none of my league mates like roto and I'm not a fan of yahoo public leagues

On 3/2/2020 at 3:48 PM, shakestreet said:

Unlimited waivers... 

Let me manage my team... 

I agree 100 percent. 

• Like 1

About to do a job on fffing Yahoo tonight and tomorrow and just saw that they don't have Jordan Montgomery in the player pool.  Really?

5 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

About to do a job on fffing Yahoo tonight and tomorrow and just saw that they don't have Jordan Montgomery in the player pool.  Really?

He's there