Bigrosco

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pauloneillreds said:

Does anyone know why Yahoo has Ohtani the pitcher on IL but not Ohtani the hitter?

That's easy.  It is based on last year.  If a player ended on the IL last year there he stays until baseball re-opens.  And last year Ohtani the Hitter played as he was allowed to DH and had 384 ABs.  But Ohtani the Pitcher didn't because he wasn't cleared to throw as yet and didn't pitch in a single game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That's easy.  It is based on last year.  If a player ended on the IL last year there he stays until baseball re-opens.  And last year Ohtani the Hitter played as he was allowed to DH and had 384 ABs.  But Ohtani the Pitcher didn't because he wasn't cleared to throw as yet and didn't pitch in a single game. 

But he wasnt on the IL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, duke of queens said:

But he wasnt on the IL.

He (Pitcher Ohtani) was on Yahoo's IL last year and so remained there at the end of the season through to this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, duke of queens said:

But he wasnt on the IL.

While he (pitcher Ohtani) was indeed on Yahoo's IL to end the season last year, players like Andrew McCutchen, Mitch Haniger, Collin McHugh, Jesse Chavez, Tommy Hunter, Yoenes Cespedes, Tony Watson, Cam Bedrosian, Seranthony Dominguez and Corey Knebel also were but are all listed as day to day and not currently IL eligible, so the confusion over pitcher Ohtani's IL status is well founded.

If I had to pin it down, I'd say that because Yahoo made a special exception for pitcher Ohtani being on their own IL last season (when he wasn't on the IL in real life), they simply haven't gotten around to fixing/changing his status for 2020 yet because it requires a rare manual change while the rest of the players' statuses changed to day to day automatically. It's likely a continuing consequence of splitting Ohtani into two players.

There are some other IL eligible players currently out there right now, but as far as I can tell, all have officially been placed on the IL by their respective teams for 2020 (like Jameson Taillon, Jordan Hicks, Reyes Moronta, Austin Adams (Seattle), Michael Fulmer, Anderson Espinoza and David Robertson - all were officially placed on the IL back in February).

Hope this helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

He (Pitcher Ohtani) was on Yahoo's IL last year and so remained there at the end of the season through to this year.

So they are just making up designations as they go? If he isn't on the official IL he shouldnt be on Yahoos. No exceptions. Now I have a team with a free player on his team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, duke of queens said:

So they are just making up designations as they go? If he isn't on the official IL he shouldnt be on Yahoos. No exceptions. Now I have a team with a free player on his team.

 

They always have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

They always have. 

I know its bad enough I have to have teams with placeholder players in order to have Ohtani and Mckay as 1 player, now this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, duke of queens said:

So they are just making up designations as they go? If he isn't on the official IL he shouldnt be on Yahoos. No exceptions. Now I have a team with a free player on his team.

The exception was because Ohtani was an exception aka split into two players.  Owners forced to own both parts of Ohtani like the leagues I'm in would have been mad as hell to have to keep Pitcher Ohtani in an active roster spot last year when he didn't pitch at all.  So as long as Yahoo doesn't find a workaround for their split personality players (heh) then this bandage approach is better than nothing.  But yeah he should have been taken off the IL this spring by Yahoo's programmers.  They dropped the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pauloneillreds said:

So it seems Yahoo has arbitrarily decided what to do with Ohtani vs. following what MLB does for the IL. Swell. 

 

The arbitrarily gave Schwarber catcher eligibility once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The exception was because Ohtani was an exception aka split into two players.  Owners forced to own both parts of Ohtani like the leagues I'm in would have been mad as hell to have to keep Pitcher Ohtani in an active roster spot last year when he didn't pitch at all.  So as long as Yahoo doesn't find a workaround for their split personality players (heh) then this bandage approach is better than nothing.  But yeah he should have been taken off the IL this spring by Yahoo's programmers.  They dropped the ball.

I'm in a league where you own both but only counts as one. Last year the team just doesn't own the pitcher and he stays on the wire where no one can touch him. Not hard. Plain and simple, no part of him should be on the IL. He is one player not 2 and is not on the MLB IL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just joined a yahoo auction mock to see avg prices. has yahoo bots just been drafting and driving the avg prices down? pretty sure avg prices of trout yelich acuna  were around $60 now the avg prices are $55.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've been playing OOTP lately, and it's interesting to see who the players are that "breakout" in future seasons as the simulation goes on. Anyone know what formula they use, and how they're accuracy has been historically?

 

For example, Alec Bohm got the triple crown in 2023. 

 

Hopefully this is the right thread for this. 

Edited by mavsfan23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

I've been playing OOTP lately, and it's interesting to see who the players are that "breakout" in future seasons as the simulation goes on. Anyone know what formula they use, and how they're accuracy has been historically?

 

For example, Alec Bohm got the triple crown in 2023. 

 

Hopefully this is the right thread for this. 

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

Just noticed I used they're instead of their, very disappointed in myself. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured this was the best spot for this type of discussion... What are your guys leagues doing about the shortened season as far as payouts or refunds? RT Sports has taken a 60+ game stance for normal payouts. I heard CBS was being reasonable. Anyone that can chime in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

Figured this was the best spot for this type of discussion... What are your guys leagues doing about the shortened season as far as payouts or refunds? RT Sports has taken a 60+ game stance for normal payouts. I heard CBS was being reasonable. Anyone that can chime in?

 

CBS said they would refund their fee upon request.  I asked if they could put it towards next year and they said they would not do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS refunded my redrafts that I run--though now they have locked me out of access to them. Keeper and dynasty are gonna be trickier with them, not sure what will go down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

CBS refunded my redrafts that I run--though now they have locked me out of access to them. Keeper and dynasty are gonna be trickier with them, not sure what will go down?

I have leagues in CBS Commissioner (both redrafts and keepers) which have been going on many years and with a lot of history that obviously I do not want to lose.  Anyone know whether they are going to give pro-rated refunds on the fees assuming a season starts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Yahoo do multiple matchups every week (to simulate a full season)? Is that possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, exm said:

Can Yahoo do multiple matchups every week (to simulate a full season)? Is that possible?

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Lol...In fairness to Yahoo, their product is not all that terrible.  Yes the interface is straight out of the late 1990s and they do some kludgy things here and there, but it more or less gets the job done for what it is and it is free.  If you want something serious with a deeper set of functionality, you go to CBS Commissioner and pay them their $150 dollars imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Lol...In fairness to Yahoo, their product is not all that terrible.  Yes the interface is straight out of the late 1990s and they do some kludgy things here and there, but it more or less gets the job done for what it is and it is free.  If you want something serious with a deeper set of functionality, you go to CBS Commissioner and pay them their $150 dollars imo.

completely agree. i will never pay someone to be a commish. already feel dirty having yahoo take $250 from the payout in all ypro $250 leagues. (if there wasnt so many scrubs giving away money i wouldnt play ypro leagues)

i tried espn like 10 years ago for fantasyfootball and it was trash. yahoo easy to use. maybe just comfortable with it. also like their rankings alot for the most part once you understand how the "experts"value/rank players) DDD all youth and upside/bold, scott p pretty conservative, beherans always reasonable.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

That can be defended. But having one of those players on the DL while the other isn't is inexcusable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.